Character Discussion Why are people disrespecting Sanji for asking for help when Zoro did the same thing?

Is Sanji wrong for asking Robin for help?

• Total voters
Btw folks what @Inflamed Haki just committed in the OP is one of the more common errors in logic:

Others have already demonstrated why so.

I would also set aside the question of it being wrong, that’s not the main problem. The real issue is how this was all written.

You see Sanji from went this:

To this:

You cannot look at this and say that this is not a regression in writing from Oda’s part. The overly chilvarous side of Sanji vs women will never change, but you can clearly see a difference in how its handled vs Kalifa. Since when was defending himself not an option on the table? Instead Oda somehow thinks having him get folded and yelling out to Robin is a good utilization of his chivalry.

And perhaps the most telling is that this Sanji/Black Maria clownshow could’ve been scratched out and nothing would’ve really changed. The reason this all went down was to set up Robin vs Black Maria. If this was all that came outta this then there was really no reason to trash on Sanji like that when you could’ve found numerous other ways of setting up Robin vs Black Maria. You don’t trash a character like this just to move the plot towards a certain goal.

At the end of the day it just doesn’t look good on Sanji, no amount of fallacious equivalences and poor justification will change that.
the stones when sanji kicked the floor couldve hurt that poor lady kalifa but yeah im not using haki aginst blck maria to defend myself from brass knuckles :milaugh::milaugh:

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳

CP0 is considered the secret organization of the World Government. What gives you the right to say that CP0 DOESN'T know Robin is here in Wano? They literally say that all the Strawhats are here in the war including Robin. It's not Sanji's fault for leaking out Robin's location since they already knew anyway. If Robin gets captured then that's her fault, don't bring Sanji into this. Sanji protected the crew for way too much (saving Zoro's ass in Fishman Island, saving Luffy's ass in WCI, saving Usopp's ass in Skypiea and Enies Lobby, etc.) and it's the other Strawhats's time to save Sanji this time and Robin just have to be there to save Sanji from an enemy that he can't fight. Robin trusted Sanji for this and Brook knew that. Apparently when Pedro die, it's Sanji's fault even though Pedro was willing to sacrifice himself to saves the Strawhats, apparently it's Sanji's fault for bringing Big Mom to Wano even though Luffy personally declared against her. Like come on.

Then why's Sanji the one that get blame? Some kind of secret agenda that I don't even know?!?!?
Yes cp0 knows robin is in onigashima but tks to sanji's snitching they now know her exact location so yeah if robin gets captured its thanks to the information sanji gave them

The keyword is "when":seriously:
Are you not responding to this thread? Why are you talking about Sanji making a mistake IN THIS THREAD that compares Sanji to Zoro if you do not mean Sanji is making a mistake and therefore Zoro is as well

like if you arent even talking about the thread then why dont you give an example of this so called Double standard. You never gave an example so i assumed you are talking about the thread

H

Haoshoku

Damn, he kicked Kalifa down? Now he lies there and takes it like a dead fish? Did he get fucked by okamas during the timeskip?
Why he like this? Sanji and Sanji bros need rehab.
the stones when sanji kicked the floor couldve hurt that poor lady kalifa but yeah im not using haki aginst blck maria to defend myself from brass knuckles :milaugh::milaugh:
We can’t put it any better than Heat:

Are you not responding to this thread? Why are you talking about Sanji making a mistake IN THIS THREAD that compares Sanji to Zoro if you do not mean Sanji is making a mistake and therefore Zoro is as well

like if you arent even talking about the thread then why dont you give an example of this so called Double standard. You never gave an example so i assumed you are talking about the thread
When Zoro try to cuts his legs off against Mr 3, that's stupid. When Zoro trying to fight against Kaku and Jabra but he got handcuffed with Usopp instead, that's stupid but when Sanji's trying his best to keep his mouth down but he can't because he's about to die then apparently it's Sanji's fault. You see what I'm trying to get here?
You don't know that,but kaido and big mom want to capture her and now all of their armies plus the yonkos themselves know her exact location.
It's not like Robin's gonna stay in one place anyway.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
When Zoro try to cuts his legs off against Mr 3, that's stupid. When Zoro trying to fight against Kaku and Jabra but he got handcuffed with Usopp instead, that's stupid but when Sanji's trying his best to keep his mouth down but he can't because he's about to die then apparently it's Sanji's fault. You see what I'm trying to get here?

It's not like Robin's gonna stay in one place anyway.
she probably will while she is still fighting BM but if she doesn't it won't change the fact that sanji gave information to the enemy

First of all isnt it Usopp who handcuffed himself to Zoro. Therefore isnt that Usopp’s mistake? Why are you blaming Zoro for that?

And Zoro risking his legs to survive Mr3 is not the same as Sanji NOT risking his life against Black maria. In fact I’d say they are opposite

thats like saying Guts cutting off his arm to get to Caska was a mistake because he should’ve let Caska die since his hand should be very precious to him??? If you dont know Berserk thats fine

Point is you must know this is a false Equivalency

First of all isnt it Usopp who handcuffed himself to Zoro. Therefore isnt that Usopp’s mistake? Why are you blaming Zoro for that?
Zoro's stupidity got him cuffed in the first place. He could have just avoid it.
And Zoro risking his legs to survive Mr3 is not the same as Sanji NOT risking his life against Black maria. In fact I’d say they are opposite
Zoro cutting his legs off is also pretty stupid. Like he's not Shiki, even if he can move without his legs, he can't win against Mr 3 due to his versatility. And Sanji can't do anything against Black Maria so he asked Robin for help, is Zoro asking Mihawk to train him or Luffy asking Rayleigh to train him a mistake as well?
thats like saying Guts cutting off his arm to get to Caska was a mistake because he should’ve let Caska die since his hand should be very precious to him??? If you dont know Berserk thats fine
I read Berserk obviously. Guts sacrifice his own hand to save his loved one.
Point is you must know this is a false Equivalency
Whatever.