Character Discussion Why are people disrespecting Sanji for asking for help when Zoro did the same thing?

Is Sanji wrong for asking Robin for help?

• Total voters
asking the person you want to surpass to train you isnt shitting on your dream if that person is able to get you closer to that dream that you ever could yourself.

if I wanted to be the best student in class and I could be if I chose to study with the top student, I am not shitting on my dream.

just lol at the state of this .
hope you guys get something better to hang onto so you dont have to search hard for" W's" or comparisons" with this character as hard as you do rn. so you dont have to talk about "character development" and act like this is the first time sanji would depend on another crewmate.
So you are stating Zoro would never have become WSS without Mihawk ? You know how shitty that is. That Zoro has to be taught into becoming something, instead of learning it to achieve it himself.

Its like someone telling Luffy where the OP is. Luffy smartly denied to have no info about the OP. Sadly cant say the same for Zoro. Even Mihawk found it absurd.

So you are stating Zoro would never have become WSS without Mihawk ? You know how shitty that is. That Zoro has to be taught into becoming something, instead of learning it to achieve it himself.

Its like someone telling Luffy where the OP is. Luffy smartly denied to have no info about the OP. Sadly cant say the same for Zoro. Even Mihawk found it absurd.
That's not the same. Mihawk didn't hand Zoro the title.

Luffy can't find One Piece by himself. Zoro can't become the WSS by himself. Doesn't matter how strong you are the mamgs is showing us that everybody needs some type of help.

thats why its called swallowing your pride .....
I wouldnt know about zoro wouldnt be wss without mihawk
but swallowing his pride and choosing to train with him made his path to wss easier than otherwise.

You learn from the best if you want to be the best.
"Its like someone telling Luffy where the OP is. Luffy smartly denied to have no info about the OP. Sadly cant say the same for Zoro. Even"
not even close
its like luffy training with pirate king roger who is dead but he got his right hand instead who happens to be another legendary pirate.
your analogy again falls short .

Robin is going to tell Luffy where the one piece is . He can’t read poneglyphs he needs her Assistance. Sanji is poopoo stop including a bozo like that’s with zoro

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

inu and neko outright told and gave him about the red ponyglyphs and told him the last island isnt raftel
and told him where 2 more were you so dumb its not even funny

There is nothing wrong with learning from stronger people. Every strong person does it,Luffy did it. Infact it also apply to real life, if you are not humble and let your ego stop you from learning from those that are better/stronger/more knowledgable you will get nowhere in life. Zoro realized the gab between him and mihawk , put his ego and pride aside to learn from the best so he can be the best himself.

If you compare this to sanji crying for help because he got caught twice in a web which he lost the second round to low diff then wtf is all i got to say.

You know, all of this would have been avoided if Sanji had kept focused on getting Luffy upstairs. Instead, he got himself trapped. To make it worse, he didn't do anything in situation while he could have done something to escape. He could have used his Raid Suit or even Sky Walk to just escape. But, instead he losed his calm and letting himself trapped all the time. Yeah, call it character progression if you want to, but for me, it's just a price for his own stupidity.

On a positive side, we get a nice Robin vs Maria. And Oda better give Sanji good fights next chapters.

I dont know why Sanji fans always need to bring Zoro into the mix for these discussions. I think Joyboy and Morj touched on it. Sanji is a cook who keeps his ideals towards women and helps his nakama. He isnt supposed to be this top of the line/top tier fighter with an insane bounty and all that. If you are a true Sanji fan, you should already know who he is as a character and if you want to view this chapter positively than good for you. Enjoy him but dont start trying to change him into something he is not. Theres too many of these so called Sanji fans coming up with their own headcanon of something he is not.

The mental gymnastics is in overdrive today.

So let me get this straight, Its ok for Zoro to ask for help because it will make him stronger so that he won't be a liability, but Sanji gets crucified asking for help so that he can help the Scabbards because of a situation he can't get out of because of his honor to not hit women???? Both ask for help to improve the situation they were in.

The situation Sanji was nested in was simply so outrageous I would have been ashamed of Oda treating my character like that if I was a fan.

Zoro acknowledged that he had to rely on the help of the World's Strongest Swordsman in order to achieve absolute power, he wasn't stuck into a spidernet asking for the help of a crew member that he should have been protecting as per his own verbatim, instead of the other way around.

Nah he was just too hurt by the brass knuckles
If that was the case he wouldnt head towards Kinemon. He would go rest somewhere.
Post automatically merged:

I dont know why Sanji fans always need to bring Zoro into the mix for these discussions. I think Joyboy and Morj touched on it. Sanji is a cook who keeps his ideals towards women and helps his nakama. He isnt supposed to be this top of the line/top tier fighter with an insane bounty and all that. If you are a true Sanji fan, you should already know who he is as a character and if you want to view this chapter positively than good for you. Enjoy him but dont start trying to change him into something he is not. Theres too many of these so called Sanji fans coming up with their own headcanon of something he is not.
We are bringing up Zoro, becuase its majorly Zoro fans who are shitting on Sanji. We are not comparing them as in Sanji is like Zoro. But as in Zoro is no better then Sanji.

Later those candies will call us desilusionals and insecures LMAO
there's def insecurity
on both sides

zoro fans shit on sanji to create a seperation
and sanji fans trying to make both equal in some sense. in doing so they have to shit on zoro as well.

all round just a shit show.
after this arc tho I reckon Z vs S , reality hits sooner rather than later for people still arguing this. its as dead as the luffy zoro argument in my mind. bringing up ennies lobby is like bringing up whiskey peak.

lets not forget the right hand or vice captain argument, seems dead too, and a lot of folks here allude to that calling him luffy's lapdog.

lol . in anycase am done here

Situations were different but I do think the chapter was more than just Sanji putting Robin in danger. It was him actually trusting her with an opponent he's faced first-hand. Like him depending on Zoro to handle Monet or Usopp to deal with Page One except this time, it's a female character. At Ennies Lobby, he only left after Sanji chastised him for his pride but it's clear he's actually learned to put faith in his crew. Plus, Sanji only did this after the Scabbards were in trouble. Robin can handle herself against Black Maria, Scabbards can't against the people being sent after them. I thought it was an interesting end.

Sanji does come off as pathetic, Oda even has dudes who don't even know Sanji, like Heat, calling him that but the members of his crew that know both him and Robin, completely understand the situation. Nami immediately knew what was up and contrast the Straw Hats (those familiar with the crew) with Sasaki, Sasaki laughs at Sanji, highlighting that it's a trap whereas the rest comprehend it or stay silent and don't show much concern despte being aware of the implications of Sanji calling Robin there, since they're actually familiar with Sanji.

I don't know, that's how I interpret it anyway. Sanji's always been a liability in regards to women, I'm not saying that's good. He should be criticised for that but it's treated, in story as a flaw and while it hinders the crew, they've accepted it.