Speculations Why did mihawk join the shichibukai?

This has nothing to do with power scaling

Im just curious as to why a person like mihawk would ever join the system. Someone that seemingly is looking for a challenge. Just seems like the opposite thing youd expect from him
Man was even exited when the system was abolished

Ryuma who was probably the wss of his time was known as the main dude holdin down wano alone.

My two guesses is he did it
1. Because hes secretly workin with someone else that wanted to get close to the marines and or world government
2. Maybe he gave up looking after shanks and after he got the title and just wanted to relax

What do yall think?

Im just curious as to why a person like mihawk would ever join the system. Someone that seemingly is looking for a challenge. Just seems like the opposite thing youd expect from him

Ryuma who was probably the wss of his time was known as the main dude holdin down wano alone.

1. Because hes secretly workin with someone else that wanted to get close to the marines and or world government
2. Maybe he gave up looking after shanks and after he got the title and just wanted to relax

What do yall think?
Mihawk is a lonely guy who just wants to have duels. The Shichibukai position and a castle in Paradise is the best way to enjoy a relaxing life without dealing with both the Emperors and the Government. I don't think there is anything else to it, it's simply a nice way to live his hobby. To go a bit further on this, he may be suffering the consequences of the current establishment and virtually can't find any proper adversary because everyone worthy is tied to a bigger business than himself (he can't look for strong samurais because the Beast Pirates would intervene, nor powerful Marine swordsmen because he would be persecuted, and so on).

What do yall think?
In his Vivre Card it is say that he joined the Shishibukai out of boredom. He fought every worthy opponent and when there was no one left he joined the Shishibukai.

Note that Mihawk is with Roger and WB the only Pirate character to have accomplished his dream before the beginning of the manga

Personally, I have always found the Mihawk character inconsistent with his choices.
We know that he has always been looking for warriors very strong. The point is that strong guys are among pirates and marines, so paradoxically, joining with the government, he has lost a fair share of possible challengers.
The only possibility I see is that he knew that if the Navy sent the Admirals, he would not be able to win the latter, so he would die or end up in Impel Down.
Beyond this, there are still inconsistencies, as we have seen that he has not even challenged the world's strongest swordsmen of OP, having never met Vista before before Marineford.
Its management reminds me Kaido.

its pretty obvious.
Mihawk is a lone wolf.
if the Marines wanted to get rid of a liability then he is the easiest target compared to other top tiers.

or they can offer him to become an ally. Mihawk will not attack the marines and he himself is not a target of the marines.
both sides win in this.

He didnt wanna be chased by Marines, he cant beat any admiral
And he wanted protection and free pass to chill /roam the seas
go back to your cave with your neanderthal posts