Speculations Why did mihawk join the shichibukai?

From his character , maybe he was tired of being bothered by Marines , though after he joined , he got bored hence he said he was excited when Marines chased him again lol

from Oda's perspective , someone who can counter an Emperor's level of strength was needed ( because Oda designed the 7 Warlords and crews to counter 1 Emperor's crew ) , so why not Mihawk , he got the Emperors' lvl of strength , he wasn't a Revo , he wasn't an Emperor , he wasn't an Admiral , he was the WSS and Zoro's final opponent which wouldn't stop him from becoming a Warlord

Is he going to take over RHP as new Captain?
no ... just an underling ... or ally if Shanks want to show his old buddy a favor

even if Shanks die , Ben is still 10 times a man Mihawk is

I know you have NO UNDERSTANDING of story of one piece and Oda (Roger is WSS :gokulaugh:)

but Oda is not a fool to waste this chance

joining Shanks is the only way to save Mr useless from being useless in plot

and sadly ... need to admit ... the legendary pair fight side by side is bad ass as fuck itself

no ... just an underling ... or ally if Shanks want to show his old buddy a favor

I know you have NO UNDERSTANDING of story of one piece and Oda (Roger is WSS :gokulaugh:)

Yep yep
Mihawk will join RHP to wipe Shanks's ass after every shitting cuz Mr. Crippled can't do it on his own

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
and sadly ... need to admit ... the legendary pair fight side by side is bad ass as fuck itself
Well, a stronger guy tolerating a weaker guy as a captain wouldnt be a new thing so I guess you are right, Mihawk could join Shanks.

I think there are three reasons combined:
1- Mihawk is fine with challenges fir his title... but it's too bothersome to be constantly on the run... specially with no crew to help him out... meaning that Mihawk isn't scared from facing Marines... he's just not gonna have proper time to relax... so basically Even Yonko... they have time to relax and chill... because they have their crew... territories.. and many followers who Marines would think twice before invading

While with Mihawk... he basically will be in a bothersome spot... where he's fine to have a duel for exsmple with a top Marine like admiral... but the guy has no chance to chill and relax after it even which is absurd for anyone to like a situation like this...

2- As shichibukai he will have more freedom to roam the seas looking for tough challenges without being bothered of marines interference... also as shichibukai his status will be major interest for people who wanna challenge him and take him down... because Shichibukai is feared... so if someone wanna make a name for themselves... they target shichibukai and Yonko... because their status speak for themselves...

3- Lastly, through his challenges... he can hunt down pirates who are wanted and get PAID their bounty... That's basically the job of Shichibukai to begin with... for anyone who was asking for "strong pirate hunters" Shichibukai are the pirate hunters of One Piece world... they face other pirates and hand them to WG and get paid.... so basically third reason is Mihawk thinking it's a good way to get money... as simple as that... a hitman Lol

At first I thought the WG was putting a Kaido on him so he could not rebel since they had hostage/s Mihawk could not ignore. But then when the system was abolished he didn't gave a damn and was instead excited so I guess that he was full of fodder coming after his ass so he joined hands by becominf a Shiki. Rukushina and how Mihawk explains it (plus his normail daily routine and tending to fields) shows that he despise what happened there and what happened to the monkeys (become warmongers like the humans on the island) so that even if he is looking for a challenge he is not a warmonger like Kaido and so even if he enjoys fighting vs 2 armed Shanks and the likes he doesn't take any pleasure in slaughterinflg poor marine soldiees like pigs.

Anyway we have our Mihawk expert who can give probably the most solid answer @wordyworm

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Mihawk took a gigantic tantrum when Shanks lost his arm saving a child and left the New World saying "I'm not playing anymore." Became a Warlord so he could sit in his castle and stew over it without anyone talking to him.

Oda'll make it more macho but that's basically the jist of it.
What im more interested in is the timing on when he joined. And whether it was a response from the wg for shanks becoming a yonko

Personally, I have always found the Mihawk character inconsistent with his choices.
We know that he has always been looking for warriors very strong. The point is that strong guys are among pirates and marines, so paradoxically, joining with the government, he has lost a fair share of possible challengers.
The only possibility I see is that he knew that if the Navy sent the Admirals, he would not be able to win the latter, so he would die or end up in Impel Down.
Beyond this, there are still inconsistencies, as we have seen that he has not even challenged the world's strongest swordsmen of OP, having never met Vista before before Marineford.
Its management reminds me Kaido.
Well the thing is that we don't actually know that. The Vivre Cards say Mihawk has sailed far and wide in search of worthy challengers until he couldn't find any one else.

But in the actual manga? Mihawk has most likely not challenged a single Admiral or any Yonko. He challenged Shanks before he was Yonko. Maybe he fought Fujitora before he was Admiral. He was testing his strength from a distance against Whitebeard, that might have been the first time he tried to fight one of them.

Mihawk must realize that if he picks a fight with Big Mom, he has to deal with the entire Big Mom pirates bothering him for the rest of his life. If Mihawk defeats Kizaru, his bounty will soar to an eye-watering amount and his lack of pirate army crew and only one abandoned territory, he becomes the #1 target for the Marines to take down overnight.

Mihawk really has to be careful in who he picks a fight with. If he starts cutting heads left and right, suddenly he'll have the biggest target on his back from people who aren't even swordsman and he'd rather not deal with. The Warlord position most likely provides a a degree of security from Marines and from other pirates without having gather a crew of his own, and he could have relinquished it anytime it no longer served him.

Personally, I think because Mihawk is the kind of guy that likes be in the know. Being a part of the seven warlords likely allows him to stay informed of the big events in the world courtesy of the WG. Plus he gets to participate in big wars, face tough opponents, and be challenged. It's a win-win.

I don't think it's a matter being a legal pirate. Heck, he looked happy over the prospect of the government hunting him. Mihawk is a loner who can cut down ships like they're made of paper, and he can easily hide if he wants to.