Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sanji will fight Daifuku. People just cannot accept it. Sanji is and always will be massively weaker than Yamato and Jinbei (like 2-3 shot material at most) but will be stronger than remaining of the crew. He is YC4 of the crew and Oda’s parallels with Thatch and Shiki confirms it clearly. Both were scrubs compared to top 3 and captain of their crews but were decent NW pirates regardless.

But Nami is and she doesn't get to defeat Ulti under her own power despite a much stronger case to defeat Ulti than Sanji has for Queen.
  • Ulti defeated her already.
  • While Ulti was threatening her she declared that Luffy will not stop until he becomes Pirate King.
  • Ulti spent a while chasing her.
  • She struck down Ulti with her lightning (twice).
  • Ulti hurt Tama
  • She vowed that she will defeat Ulti.
  • She resolved herself to stop running and challenged Ulti head on.
- Nami isn't a major combatant like Sanji.
- Nami didn't get a major power up like the raid suit. (Zeus was taken back, at least for the time being)

Oda: "Hmmm....okay Sanji...you need a PU. Maybe a nice flame proof suit to protect you from fire attacks. A nice hovering device so you can stay up in the air easy for flying opponents. Invisibility to help you against perceptive opponents. Boosters to help you with speedy opponents.

Yes Sanji....you are all ready to fight....Queen"
Or protect you from getting manhandled by a genie.

Oda: "Hmmm....okay Sanji...you need a PU. Maybe a nice flame proof suit to protect you from fire attacks. A nice hovering device so you can stay up in the air easy for flying opponents. Invisibility to help you against perceptive opponents. Boosters to help you with speedy opponents.
Essentially something that can fully replace Sanji as a fighter.

Yea he lacked AP, But I think the real powerup for the Raid Suit is the speed at which Sanji can do things in combination with the invisibility. Not the power. Vivre cards mentioned speed I think, and even the anime mentioned something about sanji being light speed.
Yep that is Sanji's biggest problem right now. He seem to have good def with the RS and the speed that he already possessd.
But AP is lacking a lot that I don't see him able to KO any calamities

Sanji's best offence feat is failing to draw blood from a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo:

Yamato's best offence feat is oneshotting a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo:

By feats, Sanji gets Thunder Bagua'd.

For what it's worth, I didn't assume the Calamities were using COA. Even if they were, they were not using hardening.

Yamato did not use COA to protect herself from Sasaki's cannon fire. She took an endless barrage of cannon fire and did not protect herself with COA. It's extremely stupid, but Oda regularly has his characters make such stupid decisions. See Jack rather dying than transforming into his Hybrid form against the Sulong Dukes. In Yamato's case, he wanted to highlight her natural durability. In Jack's case he wanted to hide his Hybrid form.

Sanji has used COA without hardening, so it would be genuinely ambiguous if Oda did not clarify.
Lol your entire argument is flawed because you act like every Flying Six Member is equally as durable or strong.

Page One is >> Ulti

And that’s common sense just by comparing their respective dinosaur zoans lmao.

But of course a delusional fanboy such as yourself will dismiss Sanji’s feat entirely with faulty excuse of no blood from a stomach shot just so you can wank your nigh featless man waifu against a weaker nigh featless opponent lol

I think Sanji will defeat Queen.

I am sceptical that he would do it solo.
the fact that you think and state that he couldn't damage Page 1 and emphasize the fact that Pay is the weakest Tobiroppo..goes to say how weak incapable sanji is according to you

First you make him seem so puny and then say that he's capable enough to defeat Queen in a team of 2 considering how much you low balled him to the level of the weakest tobbi roppo ...thats a logically contradiction

with this immense disparity that you have created to prove that sanji can't 1v1 queen.. how can you possibly expect him to do much in a duo...

:kaidowhat:
shows how inconsistent you are with your assessments... how do you even deduce anything at all with this disparity.

i mean you don't even apply reason to your judgement

like Sanji tag teamed with jimbe and yet did more damage than jimbe to a conscious gas-filled wadatsumi... the individuality of his feat is obvious and it out shines jimbe's attack.

and bruh forget the rests its like you ignored the context like it doesn't exist.
Post automatically merged:

you make sanji seem like a chimp and then expect him to do somethibg in tandem with someone who survived the roof..

tf

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Queen is still in a 2 vs 1 scenario against Marco, and he didn't feel he got pushed enough yet to even go Hybrid
No this is a terrible argument. The Sulong Dukes were about to murder Jack and he still didn't use Hybrid. Oda is simply not willing to show a character's hybrid form before his dramatic reveal.

Yeah, I no longer endorse a position that Sanji cannot face Queen solo because he's too weak.

This is not to say that I think he'll face Queen solo, but I've been convinced that it's serviceable from a powerscaling standpoint (unlike Nami vs Ulti).

This is flawed. Looked Stronger? If you ignore context, sure
Sanji looked stronger to me:
  • He was unfazed by Hybrid Page One's attack.
  • Page One was screaming out in pain from each of Sanji's kicks.
  • Page One wasn't able to keep track of Sanji when invisible.

Base RS Sanji did not low diff Page One, but had that fight continued to it's conclusion, I can only see Sanji winning.

However, it stacking up for him to solo Queen is still unfounded .
I scale Base RS Sanji to at least Elite Tobi Roppo level. The addition of Diable Jambe and Hell's Memories pushing him to Calamity level seems plausible.

Not to mention he will be scaled according to his siblings specifically Ichiji and Niji who base Sanji didn't show superiority to.
Not at all. None of the Vinsmoke siblings have:
  • Sanji's named techniques
  • Diable Jambe
  • Hell's Memories

These are all just assumptions
Yep. But they are pathways Oda can take if he wants to make Sanji strong enough.

>Judge in the RS was completely dominating Sanji.
I don't agree with this. I haven't read the fight in a while, but I didn't get that impression. Do you mind sharing the panels that show Judge dominating Sanji.

Like I mentioned above, this pathway is still tied to his siblings.
Again no, as the Vinsmoke siblings lack Sanji's fighting style.

> You'd have to claim that RS Sanji would not only close that gap but also supercede it to the point of low-mid diffing Judge.
I think this is plausible. I didn't get the feeling that Base Sanji was significantly weaker than Judge.

> Base Sanji didn't show superiority to Ichiji nor Niji.
I agree with this. Other than in speed, I don't think he showed inferiority to Niji either. I think they were around the same level.

> You'd have to claim that Base Sanji would be able to low diff base Ichiji...same diff translates to when they put on the RS.
I think that's possible. See above regarding Judge.

>Now the most important point: RS Sanji getting knocked out by King in a single attack.
I agree with this. I don't think Sanji defeats King though, and well Sanji was only momentarily knocked out.

But you're right, Raid Suit Sanji was low diffed by King. Nothing suggests that he's currently on the level of Calamities.

Let's see if adding Diable Jambe or Hell's Memories to the Raid Suit will change that.

Do you think the above required assumptions have been implied by Oda in anyway?
I've explained my thinking earlier.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Because Oda has a debt to us.
And this debt can only be paid in Calamity's blood.
King's blood, to be more specific.
And we want our payment. It's long overdue.
Okay I understand this, thanks for the answer.

My issue is that I'm not really a Sanji fan. I don't hate him or dislike him, but I don't have a positive bias for him. I want my opinions on expectations for Sanji to be correct, and they are not filtered by optimism (as are my expectations for Zoro and Yamato).

So when I see that Sanji hasn't gotten a significant solo victory in the New World I don't think: "Sanji deserves a significant solo victory after all the shit Oda has put him through". I think: "predicting that Sanji will get a significant solo victory in each arc has been wrong for the past 6 arcs and 450+ chapters. I should significantly revise down my priors on Sanji getting a significant solo victory".

For the entirety of the New World, betting on Sanji has been the losing bet. This is making me very hesitant to bet on Sanji again.

I do think Sanji will defeat a Calamity this arc, but considering his last major W was a tag team (vs Wadatsumi with Jimbe), I wouldn't be surprised if he tag teams Queen as well.

Last edited:
Testing RS is completely irrelevant because testing or not won't change his invisibility, it won't change his durability nor his floatation devices. These things are automatic.
But testing would significantly affect him in being able to control all those different abilities. For example, you're thrown into a car full of cutting-edge features for the first time in your life and know nothing about how to operate it. Of course, you'll face difficulties and won't be able to use it anywhere near its potential unless you at least somewhat practice it.

Sanji's full strength using his raid suit when he knows how to control it is totally variable at this point. All we know is that King's zoan's form strength is probably more than Sanji's, that's all.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Okay I understand this, thanks for the answer.

My issue is that I'm not really a Sanji fan. I don't hate him or dislike him, but I don't have a positive bias for him. I want my opinions on expectations for Sanji to be correct, and they are not filtered by optimism (as are my expectations for Zoro and Yamato).

So when I see that Sanji hasn't gotten a significant solo victory in the New World I don't think: "Sanji deserves a significant solo victory after all the shit Oda has put him through". I think: "predicting that Sanji will get a significant solo victory in each arc has been wrong for the past 6 arcs and 450+ chapters. I should significantly revised down my priors on Sanji getting a significant solo victory".

For the entirety of the New World, betting on Sanji has been the losing bet. This is making me very hesitant to bet on Sanji again.

I do think Sanji will defeat a Calamity this arc, but considering his last major W was a tag team (vs Wadatsumi with Jimbe), I wouldn't be surprised if he tag teams Queen as well.

Never give up.
Don't let the memes be dreams.

Sanji's best offence feat is failing to draw blood from a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo:

Yamato's best offence feat is oneshotting a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo:

By feats, Sanji gets Thunder Bagua'd.

For what it's worth, I didn't assume the Calamities were using COA. Even if they were, they were not using hardening.

Yamato did not use COA to protect herself from Sasaki's cannon fire. She took an endless barrage of cannon fire and did not protect herself with COA. It's extremely stupid, but Oda regularly has his characters make such stupid decisions. See Jack rather dying than transforming into his Hybrid form against the Sulong Dukes. In Yamato's case, he wanted to highlight her natural durability. In Jack's case he wanted to hide his Hybrid form.

Sanji has used COA without hardening, so it would be genuinely ambiguous if Oda did not clarify.
Casual Sanji low diffed P1 in the same way Trashmato "one-shot" Ulti

Mother's sacrifice ? What does the RS have to do with Sora's sacrifice ?

You really thought you did sumn
Sanji's mother sacrificed her life so that her children wouldn't be genetically modified emotionless monsters. Only Sanji was able maintain his emotions and hence, he should be the living proof that you don't need the genetic modification to be strong, that you don't need the thecnolagy to be strong.