Current Events Why do People Expect Sanji to Solo a Calamity?

Sanji vs Calamities?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
- The Monster Trio dynamic.
Being the third strongest SH, Sanji was often used during the New World as a hypetool for opponents. Vergo cracked Sanji's leg during their clash, and the Doflamingo clash. WCI had minor clashes with Sanji coming out ahead on most of them (Bobbins, Raisin, Oven, Daifuku). So there was still this thing that Oda built that Sanji, while not being able to keep up with some top tier enemies, was still strong enough to deal with some that the rest of the non-M3 probably couldn't, or would have extreme difficulty with. The Raid Suit comes as a "catchup" mechanic for the character.
I agree with this.

- Fishman Island showcases.
Chapter 635 is titled "So Disgusting It Makes Me Fly".
FI was basically a parade to show the SH's evolution with the 2 years training. Chapter 365 is named to showcase Sanji's new ability. It was specially highlighted there. Both Luffy and Robin mentioned the technique from CP9. "Flying" became Sanji's "thing".
"365" should probably be "635". I also agree with this.

After Wadatsumi, we know that Sanji didnt get his REAL 1v1. So it makes sense, from a build up point, that, when it happens, it gives special attention this particular ability of his that was highlighted throughout the story so far.
I agree with this. The best possible opponent for Sanji to do justice to his role as a combatant is King.

Now, many will add to this the "clash" Sanji and King had, or the "Queen talked about Judge" things. So let me talk about those for a second.
In shounen, characters that previously clash OFTEN go against each other again. Most of the time, the "hero" loses initially, then proceeds to win during the real fight. It's nothing new. But it is also common for shounen to throw some weird background connection between opponents. So it's possible to build a case for each of these two things, that's why I don't like mentioning them.
I also agree with this.

Some weird ass "sanji doesn't fight swordsmen" reason? wack.
My reason is not that Sanji doesn't fight swordsmen. It's scepticism that Oda will place Sanji and Zoro in the same room with a swordsman and would then give the swordsman to Sanji instead of Zoro.

If Sanji defeats King, who defeats Queen? Drake and co are an option, but there's reason to suspect that Oda is reserving the executives of the Beast Pirates as opponents for the Strawhats (Marco doesn't get to defeat a Calamity, all Tobi Roppo are matched up with a Strawhat, etc.). I don't have high confidence in this argument, but I don't think it can be discarded entirely.

Queen isn't going to be Zoro's opponent either. Oda simply isn't given Sanji a stronger opponent than Zoro.

We also don't know that nature of Queen and Judge's connection, or anything about King. We know very little about these two Calamities, and there's enough room, at least for me, to speculate that Queen mentioning Judge might actually have something to do with King as well. I would gladly share my thoughts on this matter if you like.
I'd like to hear this.

For now.
Flame Aerial Battle ftw.:stealthblack:
For your sake, I'd like this to happen.

If I was to frame my strongest objection to Sanji vs King, it would be something like:
"King is indeed the best opponent that Oda can give to Sanji in order to respect him as a fighter. But King is also a fitting opponent for an injured Zoro to serve any number of purposes: demonstrate how Zoro compares to YC 1s; give Zoro a fitting duel vs a capable swordsman (callback to Zoro vs Ryuma); serve as training for Zoro's Haoshoku, etc. Oda can only give King to one of the duo. I think that Oda respects Zoro as a combatant much more than Sanji (look at the entirety of postskip). Thus if Zoro is on the Live Floor with Sanji, I'm really sceptical that Sanji faces King."

Tl;Dr: Zoro is a much higher on the pecking order for King's opponent. If Zoro is an option, I don't see Sanji getting King.

I was pro Sanji vs King until Zoro went below the Rooftop. Sanji can still face King but only if:
  • Zoro doesn't fight anyone on the Live Floor:
    • E.g. he conserves his strength to face Kaido again.
      • This is doubtful given that he entrusted things to Luffy.
      • He'll need to learn of Luffy's defeat first.
  • Zoro leaves the Live Floor:
    • E.g.
      • He wanders off somewhere with Hiyori.
      • He goes after Orochi.
      • He returns to face Kaido/assist Luffy.
        • This is doubtful given that he entrusted things to Luffy.
        • He'll need to learn of Luffy's defeat first.
    • I'm sceptical of this given that he was the one that asked Sanji to head to the Live Floor.

Ulti? Lmfao she’s not fodder
Ulti is insignificant trash. Sanji has speedblitzed Oven, knocking him on his ass and leaving him bewildered as to what happened.

That one feat is better than the Thunder Bagua moment. All of Big Mom’s Officers operate on a better level than the Flying Six as a matter of fact.

Oven >>> Ulti

Daifuku >>> Ulti

Page One >>> Ulti

it’s not even a comparison so stop using the weakest F6 to wank Yamato.

Ulti is insignificant trash. Sanji has speedblitzed Oven, knocking him on his ass and leaving him bewildered as to what happened.

That one feat is better than the Thunder Bagua moment. All of Big Mom’s Officers operate on a better level than the Flying Six as a matter of fact.

Oven >>> Ulti

Daifuku >>> Ulti

Page One >>> Ulti

it’s not even a comparison so stop using the weakest F6 to wank Yamato.
Mate… Page One would get trashed on by Ulti

Ulti >> Page One
The same page one, full health raid shit Sanji couldn’t do shit to.
Yamato knocking out Ulti in one hit even if momentarily is a big flex for her character. She’s easily YC2/3

Mate… Page One would get trashed on by Ulti

Ulti >> Page One
The same page one, full health raid shit Sanji couldn’t do shit to.
Yamato knocking out Ulti in one hit even if momentarily is a big flex for her character. She’s easily YC2/3
You’re no mate of mine.

That is bull. Page One is above her. That much is obvious by the fact that his zoan is better, he faired ok against an established powerhouse and his feats are more powerful

ULTI GOT BITCHED BY NAMI TWICE

PAGE ONE TANKED A FULL BARRAGE FROM NAMI AND USSOP LIKE IT WAS NOTHING

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I've only ever seen a handful of Sanji fans place Pay Pay above Ulti, and that's simply their pro Sanji bias (after all, Pay Pay was Sanji's opponent). Portrayal, narrative, feats, etc. β€” everything else really β€” suggests that Ulti is the stronger one.

You’re no mate of mine.

That is bull. Page One is above her. That much is obvious by the fact that his zoan is better, he faired ok against an established powerhouse and his feats are more powerful

ULTI GOT BITCHED BY NAMI TWICE

PAGE ONE TANKED A FULL BARRAGE FROM NAMI AND USSOP LIKE IT WAS NOTHING
yea yea :okay:anyways…
WsW > Sasaki > X Drake > Ulti > Maria >> Tama > Page One > Raid Shit Tweezers

You mean the new upcoming Ace who had to have been no stronger than pre timeskip Luffy
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:
Get back to me when Yamato was confirmed to have battled commander Ace or Warlord material Ace who fought Jimbei
There is 2 years gap at best between the ace that fought yamato and jimbei............yamato also grew in battle.........and ace's main thing in fighting was df...........

Peroroncino

πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…° πŸ…ΌπŸ…°πŸ…³πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…³
β€Ž
You mean the new upcoming Ace who had to have been no stronger than pre timeskip Luffy
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:
Get back to me when Yamato was confirmed to have battled commander Ace or Warlord material Ace who fought Jimbei
all you got is headcannon even luffy back in alabasta said that ace was stronger than him before he even knew he had the mera mera no mi.
And Yamato fought him to a standstill Ace couldn't beat her, current Yamato folds Sanji and probably the one that fought Ace does too.

There is 2 years gap at best between the ace that fought yamato and jimbei............yamato also grew in battle.........and ace's main thing in fighting was df...........
And we know exactly how much a two year difference makes lmao save your irrelevant banter

The Ace that fought Jimbei would nigh fodderize the Yamato he fought in the past. His growth rate is insane so don’t even bring up 2nd division commander Ace, that’s a spite match

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
There is 2 years gap at best between the ace that fought yamato and jimbei
Not at all. Ace fought both Yamato and Jimbe before joining the Whitebeard Pirates. It was practically the same version of him.

all you got is headcannon even luffy back in alabasta said that ace was stronger than him before he even knew he had the mera mera no mi.
And Yamato fought him to a standstill Ace couldn't beat her, current Yamato folds Sanji and probably the one that fought Ace does too.
Am I supposed to be impressed about someone being stronger than East Blue Luffy, Yamato candyboy?
Post automatically merged:

Not at all. Ace fought both Yamato and Jimbe before joining the Whitebeard Pirates. It was practically the same version of him.
False. He joined WB immediately after fighting Jimbei lmao