General & Others Why do so many people think Wano is the best arc?

wdym that goofy fight and finishing big punch was so emotional!!
Oda:"bigger war than Marineford,Lurking Legend will show up,Luffy won't beat Kaido just because of a strong punch,tragic ending..."
Post automatically merged:

And some people here say my expectations are against OP standards....

Gear 5 fight was fantastic, punch was completely lack luster, I agree.
I liked Gear5 too.That we can agree.But overall the raid was mehh.

Wano is the best arc because it isn’t finished and it’s main hero zoro hasn’t killled kaido yet.

I’d hate to be apart of the group that continuously bets against zoro and mocks his fans when we actually get to zoro killing kaido.

For me the best part of wano has been hearing and reading people talk crap about zoro and getting their faces slapped left and right and we (zoro fans) didn’t have to do anything they brought that humiliation down on themselves for their sheer arrogance and provocation.

And what’s happening once again? The mockers are starting up again and will once again get their faces slapped, but this time it will be the grand daddy of face slaps, and these people will be hakai’d from existence. Beerus himself will cross time and space just for these folks.

:goyea:

I mean I really don’t understand how you can be so dismissive when it comes to the zkk narrative at this point. It’s been pointed out and supported narratively by several people and still people want to act like it doesn’t exist. But hey that’s their choice and they will have to live with the embarrassment the rest of their lives. Especially the YouTubers who were so in zkkrs faces about it🤭😂. That’s going to be absolutely disastrous for them moving forward.

:peperain::pepecry:

And lets remember this was not a war vs Warlords.These guys are the top tiers of this verse.I'm afraid for Mihawk,BlackBeard and Sakazuki fights now.

Wano is the best arc because it isn’t finished and it’s main hero zoro hasn’t killled kaido yet.

I’d hate to be apart of the group that continuously bets against zoro and mocks his fans when we actually get to zoro killing kaido.

For me the best part of wano has been hearing and reading people talk crap about zoro and getting their faces slapped left and right and we (zoro fans) didn’t have to do anything they brought that humiliation down on themselves for their sheer arrogance and provocation.

And what’s happening once again? The mockers are starting up again and will once again get their faces slapped, but this time it will be the grand daddy of face slaps, and these people will be hakai’d from existence. Beerus himself will cross time and space just for these folks.

:goyea:

I mean I really don’t understand how you can be so dismissive when it comes to the zkk narrative at this point. It’s been pointed out and supported narratively by several people and still people want to act like it doesn’t exist. But hey that’s their choice and they will have to live with the embarrassment the rest of their lives. Especially the YouTubers who were so in zkkrs faces about it🤭😂. That’s going to be absolutely disastrous for them moving forward.

:peperain::pepecry:
You are a man of faith,sir.Take my like.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/on...llowing-wano-arc-finale-eiichiro-oda-comment/

Lol, bad faith argument and lies.
The biggest war is AFTER Wano. Not surprising since you cannot read.
I read about the biggest war stuff when the reverie was happening.It was mentioned here somewhere on the forum.I might be wrong about this.But my other arguments still stand.Wano lacked tension and had the worst pacing ever.Even Oda was surprised by how long it took to end.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/on...llowing-wano-arc-finale-eiichiro-oda-comment/

Lol, bad faith argument and lies.
The biggest war is AFTER Wano. Not surprising since you cannot read.
You are selective about what you criticize,what about:"Fans won't be satisfied if Luffy wins just because of a strong punch".Fucking disonest idiot.Grow the fuck up.

Last edited:
You are selective about what you criticize,what about:"Fans won't be satisfied if Luffy wins just because of a strong punch".Fucking disonest idiot.Grow the fuck up.
"When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

Luffy put Kaido down with a punch.
He went through training and awakening to be able to do that.
It wasn't just because the power of friendship or because the punch was "strong". It took him 4 tries and the help of everybody to take Kaido down.
So no, Luffy did not defeat Kaido only with a strong punch.

Did I like the gap that was between them at the start of Wano? No. Luffy should have been way stronger at the start of the arc.
But if you tought and by reading 60 chapters of people fighting against Kaido that Luffy won just because his punch was too strong, you're just stupid.
And I don't want even to imagine that you were expecting Luffy not to defeat Kaido in close combat.
Kaido was hurt and fought back to back the Scabbards, the Supernovas, Yamato and Luffy.

Also I am selective because the argument is stupid and in bad faith.

The super duper gifter army was a joke thanks to Tama.
True, but this is pure One Piece. That an 8-year-old girl has done such a bust to a Yonko's gang only happens in One Piece. If you complain about this I don't know what you're doing reading One Piece.

The numbers didn't do shit,just fake hype.
True again. But precisely they were created to serve as creators of Hype of other characters. This has been used countless times in One Piece and any shonen.

At first I also believed that the Numbers would be an important force, I even thought that Zoro and Sanji would face them, but then the Flying Six was introduced.

It's not a bad thing, it just broke our head canon. Which in a way is even good.

Ussop,Nami,Brook,Chopper got no real wins.
True too. But Chopper and Nami had good development and good importance in the plot. That can be better than a victory.

Broock took it out on Whole Cacke so he can be forgiven.

And Usopp who is one of the negative points for me from Wano, I guess he will be reserving himself for Elbaf.

Orochi and Kanjuro plot was lame.
Well, I think it was pretty convincing. The only strange thing is the change in appearance, but then it is justified so that it was not so obvious who Denjiro was.

I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's bad either. Acceptable.

Kinemon and Kiku should be dead.
And Pel too. One PIece is characterized by the lack of deaths. At least the loss of Kiku's arm was brutal and Kinemon's non-death has a justification. Much better than 10-12 other One Oiece non-kills. In addition we have had between 4-7 deaths.

To be One Piece, Wano is practically a seinen LoL. I think this is a positive point of Wano.

King and Queen turned their underlings into enemys.
Queen leaves a lot to be desired. For me another negative point of Wano.

But the King thing is justified by knowing her identity, it's like what happened with Katakuri. In addition, there are only 4 subordinates that does not have a major impact.

The Big Mom Pirates were nowhere to be seen.
We'll see how it's justified. If it's done right, there's no problem.

King,Queen,Jack and other officers got no bounty reveal.
Sure they had. What does it matter to you that they put a poster on the manga than on a Vivre Card?

The point is that we know their rewards. This only serves to make the Vivre Card more interesting. For practical purposes it is the same.

By the way, both Jack and Queen if their bounty is revealed in the manga.

Big Mom fight was lame,no awakening and advanced coc used by her.
Big Mom was nerfed. But the fight was not boring. She had some incredible panels and the dynamic of Kid and Law is very cool. I don't consider it a bad fight. It could be better, but I don't think it's bad. It's understandable she's nerfed.

Carrot and Wanda should have been killed by Perospero.Inu and Inuarashi should have avenged Pedro,Carrot and Wanda.It would have felt like something especial.
You can't ask One Piece for that. You have to be aware of the manga you are reading. There are things that are impossible. It seems ridiculous to me.

Jack and Perospero got defeated in two panels,like what the fuck!
And that? I don't care about Jack and Perospero. I don't want Oda spending panels on them.

Yamato should have have fought gifters and numbers after losing to Kaido.She could have used COC to down lots of fodder BP.
The CoC cannot be used to defeat armies, what would be the point? Why didn't Luffy knock out all the Beast Pirates? Why didn't Kaido and Big Mom knock out all the Samurai? They are narrative devices. It's just your wet dream.

Also, Yamato had a good performance.

The Bomb plot could have been used in a smarter way.Like Kidd awakening in those Bombs into BM directly after Law kicked her off the island.Yamato should have talked to them about this at some point.
More wet dreams. Yamato doesn't know anything about Kid and Law and I doubt Big Mom. He doesn't make sense what you say. That would be a shit. That's why it's better that Oda write the story LoL

Marco could have fought the CP0 in a 3 vs 1 and died protecting Robin or something.
It could, but what happened could also happen. You're obsessed with deaths. That you can't ask One Piece for that. Izo already died.

The Grimm reaper plot is still unresolved.
It may simply be a resource to tell us that the effects of the medicine are beginning. Or if it is something else, it will be explained. There is no problem. Only that the thousand theories have been broken.

Lurking legend was not explained fully,was it BM+Kaido joining hands or something else.
There's no need to, it was just a comment. Again the problem is the fans and their mental straws.

Anyway,there is a lot that i don't remember.I will re-read this arc by December when i have time.
Wano could have been the best arc ever.Oda wasted a great opportunity.
JJK arc where Nobara "died" was espetacular.Wano should have been similar.
Do you realize that most of the criticism you do has to do with deaths? The lack of deaths is a problem since Alabasta. It's ridiculous to criticize Wano for this. It is more, on the contrary, in Wano there are more deaths than anyone would expect, anyone who knows what they read of course.

Last edited:
True, but this is pure One Piece. That an 8-year-old girl has done such a bust to a Yonko's gang only happens in One Piece. If you complain about this I don't know what you're doing reading One Piece.

True again. But precisely they were created to serve as creators of Hype of other characters. This has been used countless times in One Piece and any shonen.

At first I also believed that the Numbers would be an important force, I even thought that Zoro and Sanji would face them, but then the Flying Six was introduced.

It's not a bad thing, it just broke our head canon. Which in a way is even good.

True too. But Chopper and Nami had good development and good importance in the plot. That can be better than a victory.

Broock took it out on Whole Cacke so he can be forgiven.

And Usopp who is one of the negative points for me from Wano, I guess he will be reserving himself for Elbaf.

Well, I think it was pretty convincing. The only strange thing is the change in appearance, but then it is justified so that it was not so obvious who Denjiro was.

I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's bad either. Acceptable.

And Pel too. One PIece is characterized by the lack of deaths. At least the loss of Kiku's arm was brutal and Kinemon's non-death has a justification. Much better than 10-12 other One Oiece non-kills. In addition we have had between 4-7 deaths.

To be One Piece, Wano is practically a seinen LoL. I think this is a positive point of Wano.

Queen leaves a lot to be desired. For me another negative point of Wano.

But the King thing is justified by knowing her identity, it's like what happened with Katakuri. In addition, there are only 4 subordinates that does not have a major impact.

We'll see how it's justified. If it's done right, there's no problem.

Sure they had. What does it matter to you that they put a poster on the manga than on a Vivre Card?

The point is that we know their rewards. This only serves to make the Vivre Card more interesting. For practical purposes it is the same.

By the way, both Jack and Queen if their bounty is revealed in the manga.

Big Mom was nerfed. But the fight was not boring. She had some incredible panels and the dynamic of Kid and Law is very cool. I don't consider it a bad fight. It could be better, but I don't think it's bad. It's understandable she's nerfed.

You can't ask One Piece for that. You have to be aware of the manga you are reading. There are things that are impossible. It seems ridiculous to me.

And that? I don't care about Jack and Perospero. I don't want Oda spending panels on them.

The CoC cannot be used to defeat armies, what would be the point? Why didn't Luffy knock out all the Beast Pirates? Why didn't Kaido and Big Mom knock out all the Samurai? They are narrative devices. It's just your wet dream.

Also, Yamato had a good performance.

More wet dreams. Yamato doesn't know anything about Kid and Law and I doubt Big Mom. He doesn't make sense what you say. That would be a shit. That's why it's better that Oda write the story LoL

It could, but what happened could also happen. You're obsessed with deaths. That you can't ask One Piece for that. Izo already died.

It may simply be a resource to tell us that the effects of the medicine are beginning. Or if it is something else, it will be explained. There is no problem. Only that the thousand theories have been broken.

There's no need to, it was just a comment. Again the problem is the fans and their mental straws.

Do you realize that most of the criticism you do has to do with deaths? The lack of deaths is a problem since Alabasta. It's ridiculous to criticize Wano for this. It is more, on the contrary, in Wano there are more deaths than anyone would expect, anyone who knows what they read of course.
Oda faked a lot of deaths this arc.Like he always does,unfortunately.

"When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

Luffy put Kaido down with a punch.
He went through training and awakening to be able to do that.
It wasn't just because the power of friendship or because the punch was "strong". It took him 4 tries and the help of everybody to take Kaido down.
So no, Luffy did not defeat Kaido only with a strong punch.

Did I like the gap that was between them at the start of Wano? No. Luffy should have been way stronger at the start of the arc.
But if you tought and by reading 60 chapters of people fighting against Kaido that Luffy won just because his punch was too strong, you're just stupid.
And I don't want even to imagine that you were expecting Luffy not to defeat Kaido in close combat.
Kaido was hurt and fought back to back the Scabbards, the Supernovas, Yamato and Luffy.

Also I am selective because the argument is stupid and in bad faith.
I said these same points you said in an alternative thread.I'm pretty sure current Luffy is still weaker than Kaido.Luffy's final clash with Kaido felt lame,nothing especial.Kaido deserved better.

Oda faked a lot of deaths this arc.Like he always does,unfortunately.
You say it yourself. Deaths are a usual problem, it's a One Piece problem, not Wano's. If you want to criticize the issue of deaths, criticize One Piece, but come on, at this point it's nonsense. We have more than 1000 chapters with this problem, we have to have it assumed.

Moreover, in terms of deaths, as I say, Wano is a great improvement. It is a point in favor.

There are some people who like to know that Luffy is the chosen one, that he has no merit of his own and is a puppet of fate.

There are others who have not read critically and have not noticed inconsistencies.
i have no problem with the “chosen one troupe” if done from the beginning.

personally I always thought one piece was going into the direction that ANY D member would be able to rise to stand against the world government, i was also hoping that someone in the past, maybe 300, 400 or evem 500 years ago tried, but the WG managed to stop them, meaning that it was something that the D clan was bound to always try to do. I was really disappointed with this outcome that luffy and only luffy will and cam do it

Mainstream opinion is often not indicative of quality. Certainly didn’t live up to the hype, failed on multiple levels, most importantly emotional impact (practically 0 as far as I’m concerned). Had to drop it and just read the spoilers. Hopefully Elbaf or whatever comes next is better, otherwise we have a reason to be worried about the big conclusion.

It's fine to dislike and criticise an arc but it's overly pretentious and harsh to call others morons for enjoying or praising an arc.

Personally, I found Wano disappointing in a lot of ways but I enjoyed a good chunk of it. Bringing up random interviews doesn't really back much up, it's like someone bringing up that Wano has one of Oda's favourite panels and stuff he really wanted to draw, neither changes the quality of Wano or how it will be recieved.

Up to the Scabbards vs Kaido it was def. Top 3 OP arc, will have to see how it effects my ranking from chapter 1003, cause I do know I wasn't all that excited for the rooftop shit.