General & Others Why do some people cope about anime not being canon even if its adapting the manga?

Is the anime canon?

• Total voters
Like I earlier said its debatable since oda is working with anime team and its his story remember?
So we agree that author’s approval defines whether something is canon.

Small changes being made that make sense should also be seen as canon imo.
This is absurd because Oda literally sleeps 4 hours a night just working on the manga.

There’s a 0% chance that he supervises more than a small number of anime scenes.

Yes the anime adapts the manga, but that doesn't mean that we should hang our debates/theories on changes that we don't know Oda explicitly approved of. The moment you use debatably reliable information in a theory it loses credibility. Better to be safe than sorry, better to get your material straight from the horse's mouth.

Small changes being made that make sense should also be seen as canon imo.
Who decides what 'makes sense'? Where do you draw the line? Imo it isn't worth the controversy

Yes the anime adapts the manga, but that doesn't mean that we should hang our debates/theories on changes that we don't know Oda explicitly approved of. The moment you use debatably reliable information in a theory it loses credibility. Better to be safe than sorry, better to get your material straight from the horse's mouth.

Who decides what 'makes sense'? Where do you draw the line? Imo it isn't worth the controversy
This is what I’m saying. Saying it’s canon if it’s “true to the manga” is so incredibly vague

Big meme fans say anime is not canon anymore because how it make big mom look bad.

‘Marco pushed big mom. The reason Marco got grabbed by big mom because Marco left his guard down.
That is from anime.

I dont take anime as canon.
Is this a new form of copium for Ladmiral fans? :broocry:

BM runs straight at Marco while he’s looking her way = Marco gets caught off guard

Even a slowass like BM can catch Marco off guard, meanwhile Kizaru can’t do the same

BM running speed > Marco’s reflexes > Kizaru’s speed confirmed by anime

BM then throws Marco to the cliff like a chicken and makes Pero deal with him

Marco = Pero level confirmed by anime :doffyou: