General & Others Why do some people cope about anime not being canon even if its adapting the manga?

Is the anime canon?

• Total voters
Why do some certain people cope hard about stuff that the anime clearly adapts in much more detail than in the manga?

For example when King fought against Sanji we saw how superior King was, he one handed Sanji. People coped

Now the anime adapted the one shotting scene against Apoo showing that zoro didn't sneak attack apoo, people coped.

I can already see it coming when the anime adapts the hakai scene where zoro probably holds it back much longer, people will overdose on cope and always will say that anime is not canon so they can continue snorting copium for their headcanons.

Oda is always exchanging words with the animation team and therefore gives his blessing into whats being changed from the manga and what not.

People should stop coping hard, just because the anime made their fav look bad. Right sanji bois? :josad::vistalaugh:
Next week Zoro will give his "I'm here to kill Kaido" speech, watch as they cope and seethe because Toei will obviously extend the dialogue and give more validation to ZKK.
Post automatically merged:

Lanjitards tried to make a completely made up scene canon but now they have to face reality, Lanji is a weak jobber not worth a FM's hand, that without receiving 500 handouts from his daddy doesn't stand a chance against anyone above vet level while other characters are winning every damn week, oneshotting the strongest rookies, Conqueror's haki, monstrous portrayal, younkou shitting themselves, 1v1 the strongest pirate with a broken body, so now every canon scene that the anime adapts will be non canon because it has lightning and auras and it makes all these characters stronger than Lanji look even better. :handsup:

Last edited:
It is exceedingly difficult to take the anime seriously when it has dumb shit like this in it.
A dozen panel third rate side mook character suddenly having telekinesis, unlimited ammo and Armament Haki capable of blocking Luffy?

No way am I taking this seriously and I am not going to cherry pick what is or isn't canon from such a hit and miss adaptation. Using only the manga just simplifies things.

No the anime is trash when it comes to adding details

Luffy didn't struggle that much against ulti

He didn't even sweat against that random sumo

Drake is no where near luffy, no need to hype him up when the animators know he's gonna get trashed the whole Manga

Zoro would've cut the ship in half if he used enma

Kanjuro didn't let the crew (law included) dozens of opportunities to save momo

Yamato would've low diffed ulti

Marco wasn't sweating when overpowering prometheus

Etc...

The anime is actually weird towards sanji

Sometimes they add epic scenes like sanji absolutely low diffing drake (the strongest tobbi roppo) then having moments like the king fight

It's pretty difficult to powerscale with the anime

Pre power up sanji would mid diff drake, the anime made him seem way too strong, so now the gap between commanders and tobbi roppos seem bigger than the gap between yonkos and commanders

It's an absolute shit show and I don't get how the anime only understand half the bs that's happening

It is exceedingly difficult to take the anime seriously when it has dumb shit like this in it.
A dozen panel third rate side mook character suddenly having telekinesis, unlimited ammo and Armament Haki capable of blocking Luffy?

No way am I taking this seriously and I am not going to cherry pick what is or isn't canon from such a hit and miss adaptation. Using only the manga just simplifies things.
I agree this batman filler scene was really aweful and non forgiving how bad it was executed. But other filler scenes such as sanji vs drake, sanji vs king and zoro vs apoo (him not sneak attacking) were good executed.

I agree this batman filler scene was really aweful and non forgiving how bad it was executed. But other filler scenes such as sanji vs drake, sanji vs king and zoro vs apoo (him not sneak attacking) were good executed.
Only zoro vs apoo was well executed

Sanji vs king

Sanji vs drake

Were absolute garbage story wise

The same sanji managed to stale king later on

He also used a non canon move, is that how toei hypes up king? With what's arguably the weakest attack sanji "has"

Also makes you wonder how king vs drake would go

I don't think king would beat drake that easily, it'd be atleast a low-mid diff

I really do not care. I am not going to watch this trash just to cherry pick what scenes are/aren't canon from such a shit show adaptation and then attempt to play Frankenstein with cherry picked feats and graft the cursed scenes onto the narrative of the manga.

Only zoro vs apoo was well executed

Sanji vs king

Sanji vs drake

Were absolute garbage story wise

The same sanji managed to stale king later on

He also used a non canon move, is that how toei hypes up king? With what's arguably the weakest attack sanji "has"

Also makes you wonder how king vs drake would go

I don't think king would beat drake that easily, it'd be atleast a low-mid diff
Drake is garbage. He was only trashed in the manga. So I don't see it as a problem when Sanji low diffed drake. King would negg diff him, just like he low diffed sanji in his RS. (He did it in manga too but it wasn't that detailed like in the anime)
Post automatically merged:

I really do not care. I am not going to watch this trash just to cherry pick what scenes are/aren't canon from such a shit show adaptation and then attempt to play Frankenstein with cherry picked feats and graft the cursed scenes onto the narrative of the manga.
Yeah, you don't need to watch the anime. I am myself watching it since its adapting the manga even if they add some stuff in. Most of it is just fanservice.

Drake is garbage. He was only trashed in the manga. So I don't see it as a problem when Sanji low diffed drake. King would negg diff him, just like he low diffed sanji in his RS. (He did it in manga too but it wasn't that detailed like in the anime)
He didn't low diff him in the Manga

In the Manga sanji got hit because he got distracted

The anime is just so weird, like they actually tried to do something with king but realized how bad they messed up and didn't have the balls to go through with it

For instance they added sanji's glasses getting broken only for them to reappear later

King only did little to no damage, atleast in the Manga you can argue that king damaged him a bit

In the anime he wasn't even bleeding, his sunglasses weren't broken (technically), his hair wasn't even messed up

So now the anime somehow managed to trash on both king and sanji at the same time

:snoopy:

How the hell is that even possible?

The anime is filler but they probably know some staff the average fan doesnt. It think the only things we should take seriously are the details oda simply forgot about as the story progressed and informed toei to add them in their episodes (like the 1% man). Other than that, the one piece anime after the timeskip is trash and i am really surprised that they havent cancel it yet. There are numerous examples to support that with the latest being hybrid's Drake ridiculous design(like he wasnt already mistreated enough).

He didn't low diff him in the Manga

In the Manga sanji got hit because he got distracted

The anime is just so weird, like they actually tried to do something with king but realized how bad they messed up and didn't have the balls to go through with it

For instance they added sanji's glasses getting broken only for them to reappear later

King only did little to no damage, atleast in the Manga you can argue that king damaged him a bit

In the anime he wasn't even bleeding, his sunglasses weren't broken (technically), his hair wasn't even messed up

So now the anime somehow managed to trash on both king and sanji at the same time

:snoopy:

How the hell is that even possible?
Sanji wasn't distracted though he was directly looking at king at least in his direction. The panel with nami didn't cause a distraction, sanji was focused on momo and king who was infront of him grabbing him.

Sanji wasn't distracted though he was directly looking at king at least in his direction. The panel with nami didn't cause a distraction, sanji was focused on momo and king who was infront of him grabbing him.
He gave a thumbs up to momo and got hit

The anime somehow managed to add a filler scene that ruined both characters

Now katakuri stans can argue that katakuri's knee>>>King's beak

Because katakuri actually managed to hurt a raid suit user

While king couldn't break sanji's sunglasses

See how fucked up filler scenes are?

It doesn't make sense

Yes it looks cool and all that

But story wise having things like a sumo being able to match luffy's physical strength, is absolute garbage tier writing

Toei knows zkk is happening, theyre very careful with Zoro. Rooftop Zoro will be godly. :steef:

the anime is proving them wrong, Apoo was always low diff material for Zoro.(look like a true pirate hunter btw) Useless kidd would have to go all out to defeat Apoo. If Zoro tanks Hakai, good luck anti-zoro pirates.