Why do you feel curious about the person above you?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
---> Elder Child ?
I have two older sisters..

Yes.

---> Autonomous, Confident in trying and initiating ?
Not really. I feel like I'm weak willed in general. I'm also pretty risk averse.

---> Authoritative Parent and you didn't feel love ?
Authoritative parent yes, "didn't feel love", maybe? I once contemplated running away from home when I was younger, but now I'm very grateful to and satisfied with my parents. I certainly feel their love now.

---> You create music ?
No.

---> You did study some Science / Light Engineering stuff ?
Computer Science.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I have two older sisters..

Yes.

Not really. I feel like I'm weak willed in general. I'm also pretty risk averse.

Authoritative parent yes, "didn't feel love", maybe? I once contemplated running away from home when I was younger, cut now I'm very grateful to and satisfied with my parents. I certainly feel their love now.

No.

Computer Science.
Cinera, what would you do with a million dollars?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Cinera, what would you do with a million dollars?
Probably invest 900K (or maybe 800K if I'm feeling like donating 100K to charity).

Live off the 100K for a few years. Things I'll do with it:
  • Quit my job (doesn't matter much since I'm living off my parents, but now I don't need the extra cash).
  • Buy a new spruced up laptop.
  • Get some new clothes.
  • Join a gym.
  • Get a therapist for my mental health issues?
  • Maybe get some cosmetic make overs?
I'll use the new free time to focus on self studying and improvement, do some personal coding projects, contribute to Open Source, etc.

After around 2 - 4 years, I'd probably apply for a Masters or PhD in the US/UK/Canada or continental Europe.

After graduating, I might look into trying my hand at the start up world, or perhaps secure a six figure job. I could live off the interest on the money I invested, but I probably wouldn't.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Cinera :

-> Favorite Disney Movie
-> An existing guy / or a fictional one that you could consider a Role Model
Been a long while since I watched Disney movies, too long to actually remember which one I liked best. The me that liked them is a completely different person from current me, so it's not accurate. I'd say "Lion King" cause it's the first that comes to mind when I think Disney Movie, but I had no idea if I liked it best. I did like one of their songs I guess.

I don't really have any role models currently. I don't really have my shit together enough to be ambitious — I'm not functional enough to have a role model.
My goals for life currently are basically (in order of priority):
  1. Become a competent software developer.
  2. Move to a first world city.
  3. Get employed in a high renumeration job.
  4. Find love.
When I was a more functional person, I did admire Sir Alan Turing.

Been a long while since I watched Disney movies, too long to actually remember which one I liked best. The me that liked them is a completely different person from current me, so it's not accurate. I'd say "Lion King" cause it's the first that comes to mind when I think Disney Movie, but I had no idea if I liked it best. I did like one of their songs I guess.

I don't really have any role models currently. I don't really have my shit together enough to be ambitious — I'm not functional enough to have a role model.
My goals for life currently are basically (in order of priority):
  1. Become a competent software developer.
  2. Move to a first world city.
  3. Get employed in a high renumeration job.
  4. Find love.
When I was a more functional person, I did admire Sir Alan Turing.
Alan Turing. From what I know of him, I do really like this guy, he seemed to be a really gentle human being. 😸

Ah, usually I ask what is the 'Disney Favorite Movie' to understand someone. But since you didn't seem to see a lot.

Still, it is interesting to see that you did liked it. You could have hated it but something on the animation, Simba, Pumba and Timon, was somewhat agreeable to you.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Alan Turing. From what I know of him, I do really like this guy, he seemed to be a really gentle human being. 😸

Ah, usually I ask what is the 'Disney Favorite Movie' to understand someone. But since you didn't seem to see a lot.

Still, it is interesting to see that you did liked it. You could have hated it but something on the animation, Simba, Pumba and Timon, was somewhat agreeable to you.
Well, I am really not the same person I was when I watched Disney movies. I've undergone like three paradigm shifts in my life, and all were after the time when I was a fan of Disney movies.

Well, I am really not the same person I was when I watched Disney movies. I've undergone like three paradigm shifts in my life, and all were after the time when I was a fan of Disney movies.
3 Paradigms Shift ?

I'm curious :

Faith / Wealth / Job / Love / Ability / Handicap ?

What are the things that made you change the Way you see life 3 times ?

😓

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Faith / Wealth / Job / Love / Ability / Handicap ?
I'm not sure what question you're asking here?

What are the things that made you change the Way you see life 3 times ?
  1. I became an atheist.
  2. I got involved in the rationalist community and adapted their philosophy.
  3. I stopped believing (as much) in my own exceptionalism. This came along with some other changes: I became depressed/dejected/jaded, I lost my former ambitions, stopped loving myself, stopped valuing myself so highly.

I'm not sure what question you're asking here?

1. I became an atheist.
  2. I got involved in the rationalist community and adapted their philosophy.
  3. I stopped believing (as much) in my own exceptionalism. This came along with some other changes: I became depressed/dejected/jaded, I lost my former ambitions, stopped loving myself, stopped valuing myself so highly.
So...

You decide to able control of your beliefs and to make a big step in your means to move forward, to reach your goals.

You want stuff. Like money, like a good situation in a 1rst world country and you have definite steps :

-> learning this
-> being accepted in that
-> moving in that city with X $
-> invest in that

While before you "Believed" in a sort of Fate, of Destiny helping you to naturally find opportunities.

You spoke of Alan Turing, a genius ( at the Roots of programmation or something like that ? ).

Are You Wanting to acquire, to achieve, to move somewhere out of pure determination and desire

OR

Are you fleeing something ? ( Like Poverty ? )

🇻🇳

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Are You Wanting to acquire, to achieve, to move somewhere out of pure determination and desire

OR

Are you fleeing something ? ( Like Poverty ? )

🇻🇳
I come from an upper class family (relative to Nigerian standards anyway). I'm just a very bad cultural fit here. I do not like the country, I do not like its culture, its people, their norms and values. I tend not to agree with them and embody different norms/values. I would be much happier outside here. On priors, a Western First World city is likely to be a much better fit for me culturally than where I currently reside.

If I do get my shit together, I'll probably be able to have a larger impact in a First World country as well.

I come from an upper class family (relative to Nigerian standards anyway). I'm just a very bad cultural fit here. I do not like the country, I do not like its culture, its people, their norms and values. I tend not to agree with them and embody different norms/values. I would be much happier outside here. On priors, a Western First World city is likely to be a much better fit for me culturally than where I currently reside.

If I do get my shit together, I'll probably be able to have a larger impact in a First World country as well.
I continue a bit :

-> You valued yourself a lot : maybe that you were getting things far easier than your pairs in school

->
1. You want to go in a 1rst World country.
2. Become a software developer
3. Gain a lot of Money. By 1rst World Standard or Nigerian Standard ?
Maybe you hope to join a succeeding Start-Up or becoming a Software Developer more Valuable than the others ?
4. An interesting thing you said is "Impact" , you want to have an impact. On society ? 1rst World Society ? Nigerian Society ? The World ? You hoped ( and still desire ) to be the initiator of a technological revolution ? An ideological Revolution ?

🌴

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
3. Gain a lot of Money. By 1rst World Standard or Nigerian Standard ?
A six figure salary would be very satisfactory.

Maybe you hope to join a succeeding Start-Up
Start up was if I received a million dollars. It's something I can try it if I have a sizeable financial cushion.

becoming a Software Developer more Valuable than the others ?
Yeah, I'd like to be among the top 1% of professionals in my chosen field.

4. An interesting thing you said is "Impact" , you want to have an impact. On society ? 1rst World Society ? Nigerian Society ? The World ?
I don't really care about Nigerian society. I wanted to have impact on the world at large. It's not really a goal for me now, I don't have lofty dreams right now. It's something I might start thinking about once I've accomplished my more immediate goals though.

ou hoped ( and still desire ) to be the initiator of a technological revolution ? An ideological Revolution ?
I did want to make sizeable technological contributions I think. I may have wanted to make ideological contributions once upon a time, but I'm not really that person anymore.

Thanks for all the questions, I seem to enjoy talking about myself.

A six figure salary would be very satisfactory.

Start up was if I received a million dollars. It's something I can try it if I have a sizeable financial cushion.

Yeah, I'd like to be among the top 1% of professionals in my chosen field.

I don't really care about Nigerian society. I wanted to have impact on the world at large. It's not really a goal for me now, I don't have lofty dreams right now. It's something I might start thinking about once I've accomplished my more immediate goals though.

I did want to make sizeable technological contributions I think. I may have wanted to make ideological contributions once upon a time, but I'm not really that person anymore.

Thanks for all the questions, I seem to enjoy talking about myself.
Thank you for your answers.

I noted the fact that while you really want to "enter the Business / Wealth / Technological Game", probably to gather smart people who are more like you and build a comfortable environment. YOU STILL want to find love.

🏵️

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Thank you for your answers.

I noted the fact that while you really want to "enter the Business / Wealth / Technological Game", probably to gather smart people who are more like you and build a comfortable environment. YOU STILL want to find love.

🏵️
Gargo come here! I noticed you use emojis a lot, what is your favourite emoji?

Gargo come here! I noticed you use emojis a lot, what is your favourite emoji?

My favorite : This one ->>> 🏵️

❤️ Still an enigma : who decided that Heart means Love ?
Okay I get it. You can feel a big, like really big heart ache when an injustice occur.

🌴. Is discret. Can be put anywhere. The more practical one I would say.