Questions & Mysteries Why do you just assume Sanji defeated Page One?

Is the Anime Reliable?

• Total voters
Not really trying to debate either but seemingly you had a question in a thread and also clear the confusion as I believe you misunderstood my point
Didn't he explicitly say in the manga "My apologies Red hair, but I'll be going at him with the intention to kill" or something along those lines? I could be wrong but right before they fought I'm pretty sure he said something like that.
@Den_Den_Mushi would know better but I think Mihawk words are translated to "I am sorry Red Hair but this blade knows no restraint" which can be implied in multiple ways but the way I see it is that Mihawk's is capable of so much destruction with that blade that he would have to purposefully restrain himself if he truly intends for Luffy to not die in that clash at all. It is further supported by the fact that Mihawk with a basic swing of his blade manage to cut the Iceberg size of entire Marine Ford Island, upon landing that attack would have surely killed Luffy.

I wasn't really asking if prime vista could replicate Oden's feat tho. Oden's performance against Roger was much worse than Vista's performance against Mihawk so there's no point in specifically comparing Oden and Vista. I just don't think that Vista could stall Roger like he stalled Mihawk. Also Oden was not a rookie at that point. When he fought Roger he had already been with the WB pirates for four entire years.
I think you misunderstood this, I was more comparing Rookie Oden's performance against Whitebeard to Vista's performance against Mihawk to show that in One Piece a simple clash is not always indicative of anything from power scaling stand point. Since Whitebeard and Mihawk are people with personality to pull punches Vista and Rookie Oden, fighters significantly weaker then them seemingly walked out of their respective clashes not looking demonstratively worse than their opponents. But same Rookie Oden fought Prime Whitebeard's equal or perhaps slightly inferior Gol D Roger, whose personality is not that of someone pulling great deal of punches, he got embarrassed.

Now if Mihawk actually put as much effort against Vista as Roger did against Rookie Oden, meaning use a special named technique and perhaps even Haki, he would surely be able to launch Vista the same way. As a matter of fact even Mihawk's attack that Jozu blocked would launch Vista.

That's because Roger's dead bro lol. Mihawk def did not have the title when Roger was still alive.

Like I said, this will be my final post on this debate (don't wanna have you're page One and Sanji thread become a Mihawk debate forever lmao).
Well I was more referring to fact that Roger even when he was alive was not recognized by the World as strongest swordsman of his era like Mihawk is recognized as strongest swordsman of his era which is one point in Mihawk's favor.

So after chapter 977, on the last page, we see the tease of the introduction of the flying six. I can see 11 legs, so six people in total. The last leg is blocked off by the speech bubbles. That means that all six members of the flying six have gathered. So I guess that Page 1 is still alive and well.

So I guess the author of the thread is right, Page One is still alive and well and can fight. We never saw the conclusion of Sanji vs Page One, even though Sanji was seen to deliver the last attack in the air. Page One appears to be walking just fine, i'd say Sanji only managed to give him an L but was far from beating him into submission. Clearly Oda is rearing Page One up for another fight, and if Page one is still standing and ready to fight, then Sanji didn't do enough to beat him like Luffy beat Cracker i'd say.

:kayneshrug:

Zoro killed the magistrate because the magistrate is such a fodder that he can't even survive a casual unnamed flying slash from a seppuku knife Zoro. :luuh:

Besides, whomever Zoro choose to kill or not to kill is bloody irrelevant with how Sanji failed to take out Page One.

Try again next time.
He failed to take out guys who were after him and Kamazou is one being like that and Sanji didn't failed as he beat him up to the point he never came back for 2 weeks and never done anything else. Try again just because someone if they do return doesn't erase they are defeated. By that Logic, Luffy is failure for letting major final bosses of each come back in the end since they don't die. Stupid headcannon to say someone comes back meaning they weren't beaten :luuh:.

So after chapter 977, on the last page, we see the tease of the introduction of the flying six. I can see 11 legs, so six people in total. The last leg is blocked off by the speech bubbles. That means that all six members of the flying six have gathered. So I guess that Page 1 is still alive and well.

So I guess the author of the thread is right, Page One is still alive and well and can fight. We never saw the conclusion of Sanji vs Page One, even though Sanji was seen to deliver the last attack in the air. Page One appears to be walking just fine, i'd say Sanji only managed to give him an L but was far from beating him into submission. Clearly Oda is rearing Page One up for another fight, and if Page one is still standing and ready to fight, then Sanji didn't do enough to beat him like Luffy beat Cracker i'd say.

:kayneshrug:
Idk Oda will do rematches even IF PO came back since if that is case we saw Holdem came back, Kamazou came back, so rematches for Luffy and Zoro on that or as well Batman too. Pretty sure Oda have them face someone tougher instead doing rematches to waste the pages that we already know outcome on. Also got to see or not if that truly PO and not someone else.

3 characters all attempting the same goals is not a "rivalry."

A rivalry would be 3 characters with equal or near equal accomplishments and capabilities all attempting the same thing, each having a legitimate shot of pulling that goal off. Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten from Kingdom are a true rivalry, Luffy, Kidd, and Law are not even close to a rivalry.

I'm sure I don't need to emphasize just how far away Law and Kidd are from Luffy as far as accomplishments go, Law got close to defeating Doffy but ultimately failed, and Kidd's best feat post TS is sinking two of Big Mom's ships while Luffy defeated two of her commanders.

Luffy, Kidd, and Law are not real rivals as Kidd and Law have done nothing to warrant us believing that they actually stand a legit chance at outshining Luffy this arc (for example, Shin is the MC of Kingdom and he has been completely outshined by Ouhon and Mouten on a few separate occasions, and has outshined them on others. They all share the same goals, and it is anyone's game as for who will reach those goals first.)

Similarly, Sanji and Zoro are not rivals. Sanji has never once in this entire manga accomplished more than Zoro has over the course of an Arc. Hell, the only time Sanji debatably accomplished even as much as Zoro did was back in Arlong Park where Zoro was brutally wounded the entire time, and that's it.

Drawing two characters standing next to each other and competing is not a rivalry. Drawing two characters who actually have a legitimate shot at defeating or outshining the other one is a legit rivalry. Law and Kidd will never outshine Luffy, and Sanji will never outshine Zoro.

This is the unfortunate reality.
Nah, with how much Oda pushes this more than one occasion if it was not to be taken serious, Oda wouldn't push too much like he been in current chapters since timeskip. Kidd and Law will be WB/Shiki to Luffy and make sense to have Major Pirate rivals than just BB who is next Xebec. It fits all around and make sense there especially how Oda always push Kidd and Law to have most impact of the Supernovas from WG than just Luffy on what they have done, so make sense to see them like that.

Sanji and Zoro are rivals. It been shown many times Oda put them in heavy competition with each other like Naruto and Sasuke. It shown every time they don't want to accept other insults and being better than them and been shown for a long time since their first fight with each other. Wano been pushing that already and it's illogical to say Oda stop thinking like that when he didn't. The unfortunate reality is just an 'small community' who too stuck up in their headcannons to think it's in their mind while Oda is pushing his own narration we should respect on these relatinoships. Whether you like it or not, it going to stay and will continue to be there. Kidd and Law have got upper hand on Luffy before and Sanji have already prove on his side too.

This doesn't make sense

Eh it does he tried it and again overestimated himself Sanji is the one who lost an leg duell against Vergo a Pica level fighter
While Law defended against Doflamingo and Fujitora Sanji was nearly one shooted by Doflamingo
He couldnt get a steel door open while Franky could do it
Couldnt defeat even Daifuku or Page One who are not even executive level

Jinbe is going to take Sanjis position as the 3rd strongest thats why Sanji is taking Ls after Ls in the new world
Oda has us slowly accepted as the fact that Jinbei has overtaken Sanji

Eh it does he tried it and again overestimated himself Sanji is the one who lost an leg duell against Vergo a Pica level fighter
While Law defended against Doflamingo and Fujitora Sanji was nearly one shooted by Doflamingo

Jinbe is going to take Sanjis position as the 3rd strongest thats why Sanji is taking Ls after Ls in the new world
Nah just Zoro and Sanji beaten PO and Vergo couldn't take him out in nerf state and failed his mission to kill him and others.

Doflamingo needed to try with him while calling him strong.

Stuff design to deflect blunt hits is shown like WB's can't break through stuff at MF? Is WB weak now? Try again.

Daifuku was stop by him and PO was defeated for 2 weeks. What Headcannon you have?

Nah, but will say Zoro is taken out as VC and M3 in both power and bounty after Ls of NW he taken and Wano showing that. Jimbei actually got better qualities than Zoro to lead and more power to boot. All make sense and feels right given once you fainted to weak hit on shoulder, your not longer among strong like that now.

Nah just Zoro and Sanji beaten PO and Vergo couldn't take him out in nerf state and failed his mission to kill him and others.

Doflamingo needed to try with him while calling him strong.

Stuff design to deflect blunt hits is shown like WB's can't break through stuff at MF? Is WB weak now? Try again.

Daifuku was stop by him and PO was defeated for 2 weeks. What Headcannon you have?

Nah, but will say Zoro is taken out as VC and M3 in both power and bounty after Ls of NW he taken and Wano showing that. Jimbei actually got better qualities than Zoro to lead and more power to boot. All make sense and feels right given once you fainted to weak hit on shoulder, your not longer among strong like that now.
Nerf state ??? he didnt look like he was nerfed though Cesar wounded him he was perfectly fine afterwards so nah

Doflamingo toyed with him he laughed at him if he was truly strong he wouldnt need seconds to finish him off for Law he needed consecutive fight for Sanji he needed nothing

Daifuku stoped him and overpowered him Daifuku is just normal fighter he and Sanji couldnt do anything

He wasnt q.q dont cry with Jinbe Sanji will join the loser club where he belongs to

Sade

Berserk

For now Jimbe is stronger
After Wano ? I doubt, Sanji will be able to give Jimbe an extreme diff fight

For now Jimbe is stronger
After Wano ? I doubt
You know the Sanji fans are like an broken relationship with Sanji youre a person in a relationship but your partner constantly disappoints you or cheats on you but since your blind you forgive the person every time and every time the person makes you hope you get excited and then to be disappointed again

Sanji fans are sad....

You know what Sanji is the strongest person in OP the problem is Oda q.q

You know the Sanji fans are like an broken relationship with Sanji youre a person in a relationship but your partner constantly disappoints you or cheats on you but since your blind you forgive the person every time and every time the person makes you hope you get excited and then to be disappointed again

Sanji fans are sad....

You know what Sanji is the strongest person in OP the problem is Oda q.q
Still waiting for the day that he is going to be the most dangerous from the Strawhats to the World Government

:pepemotion: