Character Discussion Why does Sanji elicit such seething hatred from certain readers?

title brought to you straight from the clickbait school of disingenuousness.
Why does Sanji elicit such seething hatred from certain readers?
premise that he elicites hatred. false.
premise that its only from certain readers. false.

why do threads from Sanji apologists always end up being a complete dumpsterfire and ultimately bite them in the ass?

even his diehard fans are jumping ship now. hes become that bad.
its not like Sanji was always disliked that much. it only started with post-TS.
I think the biggest reason people increasingly became fed up with Sanji was his role during WCI and everything surrounding Germa. that was the final straw that broke the camels back.
before WCI I acutally enjoyed reading Sanji panels, but his good moments are very rare now. if they even exist at all.

Despite all the very well structured arguments, in the end is just because a gag character is on par with Zoro in portrayal and powerlevels, they even have the same title, and some simply can't accept that.

Not sure but it’s likely because initially Zoro was written to have a rivalry with Luffy. However this was scrapped and Luffy was instead put on a pedestal and Zoro and Sanji was given the rivalry rather than Luffy and Zoro so a lot of the more toxic Zoro fandom try and devolve Sanji to erase this rivalry and say Zoro still is written to rival Luffy
Pretty much this.

Would be helpful if you be more specific.

I like Sanji. Just hate how he has been written since WCI. Early Wano was still good in my opinion. But since he left P1 and Ulti for Nami and Usopp to help LUFFY with fodders...

But as I said I like Sanji. Just hate some attitudes he had this raid and that bullshit power up.

Imagine keeping up in strength with the future WSS despite training with the current one while a mere cook got his strength by running from some freaky okamas :suresure:

And in this current arc:
-Zoro: 4 powerups.
-Sanji: 1 (2 if RS is used in battle).

Simply disgraceful so no wonder.
That's why :milaugh:
Thank you for a demonstration

I like Sanji. Just hate how he has been written since WCI. Early Wano was still good in my opinion. But since he left P1 and Ulti for Nami and Usopp to help LUFFY with fodders...

But as I said I like Sanji. Just hate some attitudes he had this raid and that bullshit power up.
Isn't that what literally did Zoro back in Enies Lobby when Usopp was separated from the group?
Or when in DR they all made groups to go to different places and no one "cared" about Usopp since they had confidence in him?
Or in Thriller Bark...
Or Arabasta...
You see the pattern?
:milaugh:

Isn't that what literally did Zoro back in Enies Lobby when Usopp was separated from the group?
Or when in DR they all made groups to go to different places and no one "cared" about Usopp since they had confidence in him?
Or in Thriller Bark...
Or Arabasta...
You see the pattern?
:milaugh:
Sorry I don't get it.

Usopp wasn't even part of the raid to Enies Lobby initially was he? Zoro didn't let Usopp to fight someone like Jabura or Kaku, he was about to handle both if Usopp didn't messed up.
Thriller Bark when that happen?
Alabasta? He was with Chopper.
Dressrosa? He was in a group with Robin and I don't remember who else.

No one ever saw a strong guy going after Usopp/Nami and said "You are good you can handle".

Sorry I don't get it.

Usopp wasn't even part of the raid to Enies Lobby initially was he? Zoro didn't let Usopp to fight someone like Jabura or Kaku, he was about to handle both if Usopp didn't messed up.
Thriller Bark when that happen?
Alabasta? He was with Chopper.
Dressrosa? He was in a group with Robin and I don't remember who else.

No one ever saw a strong guy going after Usopp/Nami and said "You are good you can handle".
Bruhh, what a comprenhension xD.
Zoro's example is only the first, the rest are examples in general about SHs and how they act with these things lmao.
When Usopp was "lost" from the group heading to the towers of EL, Nami was starting to panic since Usopp was alone in a place infested of marines and said something like "he is not Luffy". Zoro on the other hand said "don't worry about him, no one of our group would die easily, either way they won't stay with us until now" or something like that.

And well, if you don't get the rest of the examples based on this one, you're hopeless :milaugh:

Bruhh, what a comprenhension xD.
Zoro's example is only the first, the rest are examples in general about SHs and how they act with these things lmao.
When Usopp was "lost" from the group heading to the towers of EL, Nami was starting to panic since Usopp was alone in a place infested of marines and said something like "he is not Luffy". Zoro on the other hand said "don't worry about him, no one of our group would die easily, either way they won't stay with us until now" or something like that.

And well, if you don't get the rest of the examples based on this one, you're hopeless :milaugh:
Usopp was left with fodders not big names as Jabura, Kaku or even Kalifa.

Sanjino is a source of fun but if I had to be honest I'm one of the few Grandmaster fans believing he will likely flip slightly stronger than Yamato in order for the M3 rank to keep flourishing. I think the M3 concept is not just abstract but concrete since Zoro and Sanji always took on the strongest guys and were now even defined as wings.

Not irrelevant. One thing is Strawhats be okay about Usopp taking some fodder marines. Other thing is Sanji that got outpowered by Hybrid P1 be okay with Usopp protecting Nami from him and Ulti.
Because you are using that retarded mentality of powerlvl stuff you don't get it.

That's completely irrelevant. In each arc, they go their own way and do their own stuff, and they have confidence in each other regardless the situation. That's what Zoro explained.
That's why they were chilling when the weak trio got lost ahead in a misterious island with unknown dangers (Thriller Bark).
That's why Franky was saying "cmon Usopp, do it" while he was surrounded by marines and Doflamingo's executives and after being defeated by them he was still saying something like "cmon Usopp, you always get it somehow". He didn't say "shit, Usopp won't do it, he can't, he is a weakass", etc.
Etc...
Etc.

I guess you hate Luffy since he ignored Big Mom while she was chasing Nami in his face because he wanted to go after Kaido.
And after Franky saved Nami from Big Mom, Luffy said "nice, I know I can count on you" -> go after a Yonko, whatever, it's some random. :milaugh:

Etc...
Etc.
So your dislike for Sanji is ridiculous and totally stupid. With the same logic you dislike all SHs lmfao :suresure:

Shame on Sanji for having faith in Usopp and Namis abilities I guess? And shame on him for trying to keep Luffys energy up before he fights a literal emperor of the sea..

Because you are using that retarded mentality of powerlvl stuff you don't get it.

That's completely irrelevant. In each arc, they go their own way and do their own stuff, and they have confidence in each other regardless the situation. That's what Zoro explained.
That's why they were chilling when the weak trio got lost ahead in a misterious island with unknown dangers (Thriller Bark).
That's why Franky was saying "cmon Usopp, do it" while he was surrounded by marines and Doflamingo's executives and after being defeated by them he was still saying something like "cmon Usopp, you always get it somehow". He didn't say "shit, Usopp won't do it, he can't, he is a weakass", etc.
Etc...
Etc.

I guess you hate Luffy since he ignored Big Mom while she was chasing Nami in his face because he wanted to go after Kaido.
And after Franky saved Nami from Big Mom, Luffy said "nice, I know I can count on you" -> go after a Yonko, whatever, it's some random. :milaugh:

Etc...
Etc.
So your dislike for Sanji is ridiculous and totally stupid. With the same logic you dislike all SHs lmfao :suresure:
No dude I completely understand powerlevels. There is no fucking reason Sanji don't helping Usopp and Nami against Ulti and Page One to go help Luffy with fodders.
Post automatically merged:

Shame on Sanji for having faith in Usopp and Namis abilities I guess? And shame on him for trying to keep Luffys energy up before he fights a literal emperor of the sea..
Yes shame on Sanji to believe a guy that overpowered his Raid Suit would be defeated by Nami and Usopp.
Didn't you read the fucking chapters after that? They were nearly dead. If wasn't for Tama and then BM they would have died to P1 and Ulti. How the fuck you are still defending that Sanji's decision?

Despite all the very well structured arguments, in the end is just because a gag character is on par with Zoro in portrayal and powerlevels, they even have the same title, and some simply can't accept that.

Pretty much this.
Zoro was never a rival for Luffy since he has always been from the start his strongest and most dependeable ally not a rival, and thus in portrayal the two have always been very close.

And only an idiot would honestly think Zoro is on the same level as Sanji given both character's feats since the start of the story, and i dont even have words to describe someone who honestly think Sanji is Zoro's rival.