Character Discussion Why does Sanji elicit such seething hatred from certain readers?

I was mad at sanji first because his will got broken and he decided to postpone the fight with Queen. But seems like he is fighting him afterall. So everything is fine by now. I just can't stand when Sanji sometimes acts like a pussy, when in fact he is the 3rd strongest in the crew and arguably has the potential for CoC. Acting like a pussy kinda destroys this ideology of mine. So pls oda, don't make sanji ever pussy out again.
But even luffy acts like a pussy in most of his fights? What the difference

It's many reasons they hate him & who care if they do most that hate sanji are just stuck in there own world that & it only evolve around there favourite character, so truth is twist, bend etc when it comes to my boy but it's OK because I'll do me
Post automatically merged:

What you both mean by acting like a pussy?
This is literally the first time I see Sanji acting like a pussy. Never saw Luffy acting like that.
? Luffy ran from kata & even big mom in udon before old man told him to try & block her & if I recall he did it again cracker

Last edited:
I think the problem is the Sanji fans and writing.
Personally, I used to love Sanji but it’s hard to be a fan of a character the author doesn’t like.

The problem that I have with the fans:
1. Everytime Sanji does something cool it doesn’t need to be compared to what Zoro does. Even when I was a Sanji fan I knew Zoro was always stronger so I never tried to compare feats between the characters.

2. Sanji will never be as strong of a character as Zoro and the fans need to let it go. He always fights the 3rd strongest in the arc while Zoro fights the 2nd.

3. Zoro fans are not innocent we don’t have to shit on Sanji everytime Zoro does something. Let Sanji have his moments.

The Problem With Oda:
1. The training during the Time Skip. There is no way that you can expect me to believe Sanji is coming out of the time skip as strong as Zoro or Luffy when he was trained by Ivankov while Zoro was trained by the WSS and Luffy was trained by the Right hand of Roger.

2. I don’t like Sanjis gag and making him wear a dress and run around while the other characters we actually training wasn’t my cup of tea.

3. In Fishman Sanjis feat was tag teaming Wadatsumi. (I wanted more from Sanji but I was fine with this because I knew they hadn’t gone all out).

4. In Dressrossa Sanji got destroyed by Doffy and couldn’t do anything to save the crew at this point im wondering did he train at all.

5. In WCI he couldn’t save Luffy from the fodder Big Mom Pirates. He didn’t fight anyone but Luffy. His big moment was making a cake for the enemy. He lost to judge because he doesn’t want to hit someone innocent. This is when I started to hate his character. On top of that he won’t hit a women yet he attacked Big Mom. I didn’t like him leaving to go to WCI in the first place.

6. Until Wano Sanji didn’t have a fight that made him look remotely impressive nor did he have a hype moment. He was shitted on by Oda and I felt like he lagged behind Luffy and Zoro. I don’t enjoy him running from Queen to think I don’t care at this point. We all know he won’t lose his emotions so it’s no real sense of danger. I hated the Black Maria situation you attacked Big Mom why not attack her at least run away (but now you can run from Queen).

7. I forgot to mention Punk Hazard getting his leg broken by Vergo who shouldn’t have been an obstacle for Sanji.

8. Sanjis best post ts feats were blitzing Oven and dodging a Jellybean from Katakuri.

Oda destroyed Sanjis character and it will be hard to redeem him.

From what I understand one reason Sanji is picked on by some fans regards the way he treats the female sphere, but sometimes it's just banter regarding his power level or matters regarding will power.

Sanjino is a source of fun but if I had to be honest I'm one of the few Grandmaster fans believing he will likely flip slightly stronger than Yamato in order for the M3 rank to keep flourishing. I think the M3 concept is not just abstract but concrete since Zoro and Sanji always took on the strongest guys and were now even defined as wings.
Yamato may end the arc stronger than Zoro and Sanji, but they will be stronger by the time that the next major fights roll around

How is Nami a whore? Aren't you guys too comfortable using this word?
She had to get money to pay Arlong somehow....
:happinesspunch:

Yamato may end the arc stronger than Zoro and Sanji, but they will be stronger by the time that the next major fights roll around
Zoro entered the arc stronger than Luffy
:doffytroll:
He always had Asura and thus would have done way better than Luffy did VS Kaido the first time both meet.

She had to get money to pay Arlong somehow....
:happinesspunch:

Zoro entered the arc stronger than Luffy
:doffytroll:
He always had Asura and thus would have done way better than Luffy did VS Kaido the first time both meet.
Zoro was always stronger than Luffy. Yamato is older than him so I'm not sure when Zoro surpassed her. I would say at least post-timeskip Zoro was already stronger than Yamato. Maybe even before that.

Yes, it's inexplicable. It's like they masturbate wildly against a character
Many of the people who hate Sanji are Zoro fans

The same is true of the two in the cartoon, so it's not surprising