Character Discussion Why Enma and the Raid Suit are completely diffrent types of power-up

Which is worse?

• Lanji's power-up is worse obviously

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • ZoLo's power-up is worse obviously

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
The power up debate will never end. Personally I like them both. Raid suit and Enma are both cool power ups.

People saying raid suit makes Sanji weaker is just wrong though. The raid suit is a heat and fire immune object ergo heat based techniques like Sanjis own DJ is unusable unless Sanji can creat heat that surpasses the suits durability.

Enma on the other hand is such a cool concept that is common in many RPGs but not seen in One Piece yet: Limit Break. Enmas ability to supercharge a single attack by allowing the user to send as much haki as they want through it is a cool concept and really fits with Zoros fighting style.

Both are cool power ups raid suit gets a bad rap though

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
The people that bash him for using the Raid Suit too soon would rather him wait for someone to almost die before using it, and even them they would argue that he should stop being a bitch about it and just use it already. It's trashing a character just for the sake of trashing a character.
It's just laughable. :milaugh:

The people that bash him for using the Raid Suit too soon would rather him wait for someone to almost die before using it, and even them they would argue that he should stop being a bitch about it and just use it already. It's trashing a character just for the sake of trashing a character.
It's just laughable. :milaugh:
They call Sanji a fodder because he uses a power-up to get stronger but they don't say anything about Zoro using Enma which is a power-up itself.:milaugh:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Hey, go to sleep, you're crazy.
When you lose your sanity completely, I will go to you. @BigMemeWasHere :moonwalk:
Don't tell me what to do! Nobody order BigMemeWasHere! I'm going to sleep now but not because you told me, I do so because I want to!
:tch:
Btw BigMemeWasHere isn't crazy, BigMemeWasHere is sensation.

:king:
Post automatically merged:

ITS NOT A POWERUP! ITS JUST A TRAINING TOOL!!!:lusalty:
:ihaha:
Keep deluding yourself ZoLotard, the truth is Oda made ZoLo lose his sword like an idiot to give him a power-up.

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

Don't tell me what to do! Nobody order BigMemeWasHere! I'm going to sleep now but not because you told me, I do so because I want to!
:tch:
Btw BigMemeWasHere isn't crazy, BigMemeWasHere is sensation.

:king:
Post automatically merged:

Keep deluding yourself ZoLotard, the truth is Oda made ZoLo lose his sword like an idiot to give him a power-up.
I am very hot, that must be why life wants to fuck me.:blush::blush:

Zoro's powerup is an internal one, meaning Enma helps Zoro to get strong, not by giving him a new trick, but forcing him to reach a new level of what he already had. It isn't the culmination of anything storywise
Yeah not like he's ever had an argument over the ownership of Shusui or that the sacred status of Shusui was our introduction to Wano or anything.

Doggo

Yeah not like he's ever had an argument over the ownership of Shusui or that the sacred status of Shusui was our introduction to Wano or anything.
The Wano thing was about Shuusui.
Again, Enma had no reason to exist, since we had been introduced to Nidai already.
Just another reason to wank Oden.
Culmination of Oden's wank. happy now?

The Wano thing was about Shuusui.
Again, Enma had no reason to exist, since we had been introduced to Nidai already.
Just another reason to wank Oden.
Culmination of Oden's wank. happy now?
If I had to set up Shusui in story, I'd probably have Zoro obtain it in a questionable manner that triggers people who are in the know, then have Zoro earn it by putting on a big show and unintentionally impressing people like he does 95% of the time he draws a blade. But to do that he'd probably need a different third sword that's also good enough for him to accept as a replacement...

Maybe I could use Nidai but that's probably redundant with Sandai around especially if I want to build a story there

Doggo

If I had to set up Shusui in story, I'd probably have Zoro obtain it in a questionable manner that triggers people who are in the know, then have Zoro earn it by putting on a big show and unintentionally impressing people like he does 95% of the time he draws a blade. But to do that he'd probably need a different third sword that's also good enough for him to accept as a replacement...

He should have just kept it instead of being "convinced" by Hyori.
Then, after the cuts Kaido in dragon form above the capital, like the legends about Ryuma, people would feel way better about him using it.
If then he decides to leave it at wano, receiving a replacement for it, as a "thanks" from Wano people, that would be ok.
Instead he takes a sword he still didnt master to fight 2 yonkos.
Moronic writing at its finest.

So he should disrespect his allies and prove himself worthy of it (not that he even wants or needs it back, it's a sword not a power up) by using it? That doesn't make sense.

Two plot threads: Zoro turning a sword black, and Zoro surpassing Oden and Ryuma. He is logically set up to do both with this battle and yet it doesn't narrow where his story goes from here. That's... not bad writing.

Anyway, power ups aside since we're talking about Enma, it's actually Zoro wank. By virtue of victory over Kaido Zoro can he favorably compared to Oden by those who knew him and keep him on a pedestal.

Doggo

Nami and Usopp dont have the physical capabilities to use the Raid Suit.
If Usopp use the suit boosts to kick something, his leg will probably shatter, because he doesnt have the natural resistance to sustain the impact. Same with Nami.
Raid Suit is a free upgrade, but it's not THAT free.
Calm your titties.