Chapter Discussion Why Is Everyone Sold on Xebec Being Evil????

Because the two most goody goody people of that era fought against him. While 4 notorious "bad pirates" served under him (captain john, shiki, kaido, bm)

Im- king of the world
Shiki - wanted to be king of the world
BM & Kaido - want to do the same
Bkackbeard - wants to do the same
Xebec- wanted to do the same
Roger - didnt want to conquer anyone or anything

Anybody that wants to rule the world is not "good" in the manga, morally. Despite Roger being called a demon or w.e, what they dont call him is evil morally. Hence why the likes of Garp and etc respected him.

And squardo thing is always overblown when it comes to Roger. That was more than likely an act of self-defense where Squardo's crew was trying to mess with them.

Could Xebec have had some secret info on the WG? More than possible. Does that mean it makes him a good guy? No.

Post automatically merged:

No matter what happens I don't see why any supposedely ''good'' person would protect the CDs.
Noone did more harm to civilians than those bastards.
Pirates maybe ruthless but the WG has the means and the will to enslave the whole world.
@Sadistic Senpai has a point and I don't understand the scepticism of most replies lol

Even if Rox was the worst Roger and Garp should've let him destroy the WG and then destroy him :p
They protected the CD AND the slaves, not just the cd.

Last edited:
You make sense, but Sengoku wasn't lying about Luffy. Luffy is not a good guy. He should be jailed.

None of these people are saints including selfish Luffy.
Exactly the point!

Roger believes in freedom of the seas.....Xebec was trying to take over the world aka control of the seas. If even he was more of an anti-villian with good intentions, his actions and methods were not the way and had to be stopped.
That's what Sengoku and WG are advertising though! This is my point, Xebec could have wanted "liberaty" and not be a "tyrant"
But simply just like Roger is being demonized by WG
Just like Fisher Tiger is being demonized by WG
Same is happening to Xebec, while Roger 38 years ago simply DID NOT know the full picture as Xebec did!

wrong translation?:owo: mangastream say next thing:

also if Rocks main goal was becaming Pirate King, it better explane his attack on CD, and fact that he got to the restricted themes by WG.

Yet, if Rocks goal was exactly becaming Pirate King, that will mean that Roger after 12 years changed his mind and went Rocks road.
Exactly, Xebec road is exactly what Roger followed 12 years later which is exactly what Luffy is following now!

And dude EVEN if right translation is "king of the world"
It could just be a wrong advertisment by Sengoku and WG to paint him as a tyrant!

Are people having a hard time believing that the WG lied about his goal????
and changing it from "liberating the world from CD and Imu" into "tyrant wanting to be king of everything"

Is it really hard for WG to lie about this?
Lol
People take the navy's words and WG words as sacred and holy it seems! as if they never lied before and painted their enemies with the worst

Last edited:
All good points, but I’m inclined to believe that Rocks has more redeeming qualities than the WG would have us believe simply because he’s a D. Wherever they fall on the morality scale, most D.s have been portrayed as protagonists (or adjacent) through the series, often in direct comparison to the WG. Sure, Xebec led several major series “villains,” but they’re really only considered such because they are obstacles to the main character’s goal...when compared to the WG, they aren’t necessarily evil.
Dude!
Fisher Tiger who is a hero in our book!
He led both:
Jinbe
Arlong

Look at jinbe and look at what Arlong did to Nami!

Xebex led both, the good guy (WB) and bad guy (Kaido) and the one who started good and ended bad (Linlin)

It's NATURAL for a villain to follow another villain!
BUT it's not natural to see a good person "specially with Jinbe's pride or WB pride" to accept to follow a person they do not believe in!

Xebec leading some villains is the same as Fisher Tiger leading Arlong and KEEPING HIM IN CHECK

Xebec could have kept Linlin and Kaido in Check as well! He's a true leader afterall (leading 3 future emperors)

My guide for Xebec is coming from WB! Knowing WB mentality and how good he is, and how prideful he is, he would rather die than follow someone he does not believe in!
WB will not follow a man just because he is stronger!
If people believe that, they do not really know WB!

Xebec had kaido who love torture, BM a tyran, shiki who is another kidd. Only WB is soft here, but maybe he was the vice captain. now imagine their captain lol! He has even a face like kenpachi of bleach :gokulaugh:
Roger had Rayleigh, shanks, oden, all "good" people.
WB is more than enough for me!
Cause Linlin character is changeable, she is moody, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Kaido was still young, we know nothing of how he was like
Same with Others

BUT WB, we saw a flashback of his youth wanting a family! The dude character stayed consistent through all of his life!

.....Just LOOK at him! XD
Lol
So, Ivankov, Shanks, Jinbe are evil then!
Because they all had a panel looking like that in the past hahaha
Do not judge a book by its cover

Mangastream is pretty shitty so I'll stick with Jaimini until the Viz.
yep I agree haha
Mangastream is worst source!
But as I stated!
EVEN if it was "King of the world"

People do not understand that the WG enjoys hiding the full truth and spreading lies!
It is not the first time they would accuse their enemies of beibg the worst and wanting to rule all the world with iron fist...etc to intimidate people and wash their brain into believing he's evil as fuck

The possibility of him being a person who wanted "freedom" or wanted "liberity" from CD and Imu is fucking high as hell for me!
And simply that ideology which Roger after 12 years he DID the same! And now Luffy is doing the same, That ideology is what WG fears the most to where they brand and paint those characters as worst criminals

Dragon right now is Worst Criminal and most wanted man because of this!

WG demomizes him, and is making him look like a villain because of it!

We simply don't believe that with Dragon cause we got to know him more!
But with Xebec, we would need to know him more! And for me, because I know WB character the most! I trust WB a whole lot more than Garp or Roger with all respect!
Garp as Brago said, a walling contradiction, he says he doesn't wanna serve CD yet as vice admiral if he was ordered by Sengoku to do something he was doing it!
What the fuck is different!

As for Roger, he was no saint either as he commited bad shit as well!

Wb on the other hand, I can get behind him with closed eyes!

Because the two most goody goody people of that era fought against him. While 4 notorious "bad pirates" served under him (captain john, shiki, kaido, bm)

Im- king of the world
Shiki - wanted to be king of the world
BM & Kaido - want to do the same
Bkackbeard - wants to do the same
Xebec- wanted to do the same
Roger - didnt want to conquer anyone or anything

Anybody that wants to rule the world is not "good" in the manga, morally. Despite Roger being called a demon or w.e, what they dont call him is evil morally. Hence why the likes of Garp and etc respected him.

And squardo thing is always overblown when it comes to Roger. That was more than likely an act of self-defense where Squardo's crew was trying to mess with them.

Could Xebec have had some secret info on the WG? More than possible. Does that mean it makes him a good guy? No.

They protected the CD AND the slaves, not just the cd.
I love how you ignored the most prideful and good hearted of all WB in your argument

For me WB being on his side is more than enough!

WB is a free pirate! He does what he believes in!
Garp is following his duty only and the fact he does not like talking about the incident means there is more to it and the victory felt bittersweet cause they felt they defeated the good guys here and they protected the bad guys

Roger ended up following the same path as Xebec by looking into Taboo subjects!
So, Roger was in the dark about the truth at that time and Xebec was simply the wake up call for Roger to look into this stuff!

Last edited:
Sengoku isn't exactly a bastion of truth and justice given what he's overseen as Admiral and Fleet Admiral, so yeah, I agree there's probably more to the story than what he's saying.

Evil's a strong word in One Piece, and its one I think that Oda tries to avoid for the most part. There will be more nuance to Rocks than what Sengoku is showing.

But I'd be very surprised if he was a good man. At best, we're talking a well intentioned extremist, and that's being generous given his rather tyrannical dream. King of the World is putting him in direct opposition to Luffy's ideology, and as the protagonist he's the one we sort of judge everyone in comparison to.

And the fact he seems like the progenitor to Blackbeard isn't helping his case either.

Exactly the point!

That's what Sengoku and WG are advertising though! This is my point, Xebec could have wanted "liberaty" and not be a "tyrant"
But simply just like Roger is being demonized by WG
Just like Fisher Tiger is being demonized by WG
Same is happening to Xebec, while Roger 38 years ago simply DID NOT know the full picture as Xebec did!

Exactly, Xebec road is exactly what Roger followed 12 years later which is exactly what Luffy is following now!

And dude EVEN if right translation is "king of the world"
It could just be a wrong advertisment by Sengoku and WG to paint him as a tyrant!

Are people having a hard time believing that the WG lied about his goal????
and changing it from "liberating the world from CD and Imu" into "tyrant wanting to be king of everything"

Is it really hard for WG to lie about this?
Lol
People take the navy's words and WG words as sacred and holy it seems! as if they never lied before and painted their enemies with the worst
Roger is considered the worst demon etc etc even more so than Xebec, has the WG members like Sengoku ever advertised him as having the ambition to take over the world? No.

And sorry man, but anybody that wants to rule the world isnt looking for liberty in this manga, you're flat out going against the theme if liberty vs rule.

I love how you ignored the most prideful and good hearted of all WB in your argument

For me WB being on his side is more than enough!

WB is a free pirate! He does what he believes in!
Garp is following his duty only and the fact he does not like talking about the incident means there is more to it and the victory felt bittersweet cause they felt they defeated the good guys here and they protected the bad guys

Roger ended up following the same path as Xebec by looking into Taboo subjects!
So, Roger was in the dark about the truth at that time and Xebec was simply the wake up call for Roger to look into this stuff!
Tiger Fisher led Jinbei and Arlong, yes. Tiger Fisher never had any ambitions to rule.

Roger > WB. When it comes to being the good guy. You and others trying to paint Roger as some guy who did horrible shit unlike WB doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

WB is the outlier , you're making the outlier into the rule. So what if the good WB was on his crew? That just means WB wasnt always a goody goody. Just cause WB was there you're gonna ignore, Captain john was a morally corrupt pirate. Shiki,Kaido,BM who all have ambitions to rule the world like Xebec is pointed out to? Blackbeard, who dedicated his ships name to him and also wants to fuck up the world?

So what if he wanted to go against the WG? Blackbeard does as well, Shiki wanted to as well, Bm and Kaido want to as well.. going against the WG doesnt make you an automatic good guy here. Neither does having WB on your crew.

Roger did not follow the same path as Xebec,lol. The man simply traveled to the place that was never traveled to, and became the freest man on the seas in his own eyes. He had no intention of ruling, he had no intention of becoming king of the world or pirates. As for taboo subjects of the world, I'm pretty certain all of the yonko are into them.

Last edited:
I

Inspector_Mu

Roger to Rayleigh " let us turn this world upside down"
The dude is the reason why there are many lawless pirates roaming the seas

Xebec wanted to take down CDs
Teach wanna do something, maybe take down CDs too
Every D despises cruel CDs leadership

Also was Kaido cruel back then? I dont think
The dude probably became suicidal and tyrant after Rocks got beaten

Yea I wouldn't be too quick to label him as a dark D. But the fact that BB has named his ship after him could be a hint that he was indeed a dark person.
Roger though was not a saint. I think we can all agree on that one. WB is actually the more morally upright of the two by all manga accounts.

M

MD Zolo

Very good thread @Sadistic Senpai

The history is written by the winners and Sengoku will never say bad things about the WG to new generation marines. Right now, Oda wants us to believe Xebec is an evil person. Things can certainly change in the future when Oda shows us his side of the story.

Will he be the pirate with an eyepatch in the final scenes of One Piece? :unsure:
At best it will be like Katakuri. And most of us forget that he killed all of his chefs because they saw his face.

A more balanced story would be like Doffy's and it is really difficult to have any sympathy for the guy.