Current Events Why is it that X Tobi Roppo gets called the weakest whenever a SH beats them?

Hawkins is fighting Killer, a rooftop fighter. Black Maria fought Robin. Hawkins >>> Black Maria. And Black Maria has a HIGHER RANK.

So don't give me this b.s. about WW < Jack because of his rank, when Oda specifically stated that you have TO EARN A SHOT for the title, and Who's Who hasn't gotten his shot yet.

You don't automatically put Calamity > Tobi Roppo, just like you don't automatically put Tobi Roppo > Headliners. You have to SHOW FEATS in battle.

Mate Jack is INJURED. He had to be injured as a result of the "rematch" with Minks. What sense does it make for Jinbe to fight a half-dead person?
Jack told F6 not to go to the injured scabbards. They're not something you can handle, which means that the injured jack is also better than F6

jinbe is someone who blocked big mom's attacks the previous arc and low diff'd who's who (who is one of the strongest tobi roppo). franky and robin dont even use basic haki and both were pushed to really difficult fights against their matchups this arc. there's no way jinbe is closer to franky and robin than the M3. if anything the new M3 has jinbe instead of luffy in it.

jinbe is far too established and strong to be put along side the mid trio. if anything all this is just jinbe downplay.
Low diff :mihugh: your dream seems nice :arnoling:

I literally explained to you that rank automatically =/= strength, and you're asking me if I can read?

Who's Who never got a shot to face a Calamity 1 v. 1 for the title, because he's a NEWCOMER. Just like Hawkins was a NEWCOMER, even though he's clearly stronger than fucking Black Maria or whatever.

Hawkins = Headliner

Black Maria = Tobi Roppo (Strongest Headliner)

Is Hawkins < Black Maria?
Stop with your nonesense. Nowhere is it stated he a new comer and nowhere is it implied Tobbi Robbo are Commander level. All of them got wreck by the weaker SH and WW got mid diff by Jenbei. Jack>WW.
Post automatically merged:

I agree
Oda was just throwing bad match ups for Luffy the whole time… this was in order to actually make him more complete and more rounded fighter…

- In his fight with Hody, Luffy stated his haki is still weak to defend against sharp things…

- Next we have Doflamingo where he was fighting sharp threads the whole fight… for Doffy to expose a new weakness in Gear 4th, stalling it by Awakening and not fighting head on with your body…

- Cracker followed same method as Doffy with his busicuit soldiers and hiding his body…

- Katakuri was basically predicting Luffy’s future.

- And then Kaido was only getting affected by advanced armament and + higher techniques..

Basically, Oda never throw an opponent that can be good match for Luffy…

I would say Dressrosa level Luffy would wipe the floor with Jack/Smoothie based on their skillset… and because of fighting style… I didn’t add Queen because of his poison which nearly killed Luffy in Udon.. and we don’t know much about King…

but this is how match ups play a role… Jack fighting style is PEFECT for Luffy to dominate

Luffy has stronger strike, more agile, more everything in every area against him… even during Dressrosa arc
Gtfo we didn't even see Jack hybrid and Jack was facing the Dukes back to back. Luffy would have a crazy time trying to put Jack down. Stop trying to chsnge history. Luffy struggled woth every commander he faced.

Because except for ulti and drake they don't even have basic fucking hardening, that's just sad
WW has hardening

Pre-Whitebeard Ace, was what, Yamato level? Is Yamato clearly not > Jack?

And the question is how much did they all improve from then? Like I said it's all speculation.
Yamato improved since she has just told her dad that. Jinbei is Around Jack level or slightly below. He not beating Queen or King.

Last edited:
Yamato improved since she has just told her dad that.
They all fucking improved.

Jinbei is Around Jack level or slightly below. He not beating Queen or King.
Based on nothing. You can put him there for convenience but no one knows.

Jack told F6 not to go to the injured scabbards. They're not something you can handle, which means that the injured jack is also better than F6
Most of them can't do shit against Scabbards. But Jack will ALSO fail against 1 Scabbard so he can't either. There is no chance in fuck half-dead Jack is beating Who's Who.

Not sure if he thought he could take them on by himself but I guess it's at least in the realm of plausible.

He is durable and powerful. Jinbe is likely less durable and more versatile and he took on 1 of them very handily though 6 of them would likely be too much I guess.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Not sure if he thought he could take them on by himself but I guess it's at least in the realm of
i mean jack is kinda stupid. he assumed he could take on fujitora, sengoku and tsuru all alone and he also thought he could bring down zunisha.

i personally wont take any of jack's claims on face value and use it in powerscaling without adding an asterisk to it.

i mean jack is kinda stupid. he assumed he could take on fujitora, sengoku and tsuru all alone and he also thought he could bring down zunisha.

i personally wont take any of jack's claims on face value and use it in powerscaling without adding an asterisk to it.
I thought so too.

It makes very little sense that he can tackle all F6 combined. And highlighted why.

They all fucking improved.

Based on nothing. You can put him there for convenience but no one knows.

Most of them can't do shit against Scabbards. But Jack will ALSO fail against 1 Scabbard so he can't either. There is no chance in fuck half-dead Jack is beating Who's Who.
Huh how the hell would he fail against one sccabard when he faced 2 back to back for 5 days

Why didn't Franky fight Trebol? Why didn't Robin fight Diamante with this move?

Jack > Who's Who is pure fucking headcanon. It's like saying Izo > Blackbeard, because Blackbeard had a lower rank. Or Hawkins < Black Maria because she's a Tobi Roppo but he's just a headliner.
Because Diamante and Trebol are trash, one was defeat by Kyros another was neg diffed by Law, while low rank executive Gladius was more impressive and was about to be low diffed by Robin.

Jack > Who's Who is pure fucking headcanon. It's like saying Izo > Blackbeard, because Blackbeard had a lower rank. Or Hawkins < Black Maria because she's a Tobi Roppo but he's just a headliner.
No, it's manga fact until further notice. Who's-Who had adjacent portrayal with Sasaki, who lost to Franky.

Don't bring Worstgen characters into this. First, no one knew Blackbeard's potential and Hawkins's a newcomer. Second, they're special characters.

I think its because we saw the struggles and growth Luffy had to go thru with Doffy, Cracker and Katakuri... Cracker is usually someone either sanji or wheoever is under him would deal with, in terms of ranks.

And oda hyped the tobi roppo to be characters that can give the likes of Jack. Queen and King a challenge.

We now know that's cap to the highest degree, but the initial build up was there. People thought this would be like the cp9 fights but it really wasn't. If anything I could say it's a bit underwhelming on its own or if you compared the two.

But basically when you have Luffy struggle for hours against both a 3rd & 1st commander, but then have some of the strawhats deal with the tobi toppo, who are presented as a group slightly under the commanders & those same strawhats haven't really had a fight until this point... it gives the impression that either Oda just said fuck it & made them a lot stronger OR the tobi roppo didn't live up to the hype that oda said they were at.

Though I do think Black Maria is the weakest, but it's not because Robin beat her, I just genuinely think she's the weakest one.

No, it's manga fact until further notice. Who's-Who had adjacent portrayal with Sasaki, who lost to Franky.

Don't bring Worstgen characters into this. First, no one knew Blackbeard's potential and Hawkins's a newcomer. Second, they're special characters.
They're ALL NEWCOMERS. WW was in prison, and then he had his own crew. And Ace literally told Blackbeard to take charge of the 2nd division. Higher rank doesn't automatically guarantee higher strength. Same with Garp being a Vice-Admiral.

Who's Who is not "adjacent" to Sasaki. When Kaido was talking about Tobi Roppo vs. Calamities, Who's Who was the only one on panel

They were mentioned together simply because they had their own crew, unlike Page 1 or Ulti who are just kids.

Last edited:
They're ALL NEWCOMERS. WW was in prison, and then he had his own crew. And Ace literally told Blackbeard to take charge of the 2nd division. Higher rank doesn't automatically guarantee higher strength. Same with Garp being a Vice-Admiral.

Who's Who is not "adjacent" to Sasaki. When Kaido was talking about Tobi Roppo vs. Calamities, Who's Who was the only one on panel

They were mentioned together simply because they had their own crew, unlike Page 1 or Ulti who are just kids.
And what’s your headcanon on drake not being mentioned if it’s simply because Who’s who and Sasaki had crews?

And why was Whos whos crew concerned about Sasaki beating them? And whos who is a loud mouth thats nothing but talk literally that’s what his fight showed.

“I’m a combat genius” “Why are you getting mad” “You’re fast for a fishman” he says shit and talks smack but can’t back it up. Whos who is a Tobi Roppo level character done.

Again, ranking takes precedent until further notice. Who's-Who's done nothing to prove he's exceptional. If anything, he is slightly above Sasaki based on the rivalry comment.

And the Marines is a much larger organization with countless people of most tiers. It's not the same thing.

i still think jinbe's gonna have a go at jack after jack skewers inu so that oda gets to further lay emphasis on how jinbe is stronger than the other mid tier strawhats.

he is too established and strong to belong in the same tier as robin, franky and brook.

really interested to see where jinbe finally ends up in the crew in terms of the dynamics in the strawhats as well.
While I know Jinbe is strong, him beating Jack won't prove much ( at least to me ). Jinbe has a few cuts & bruises from WsW but he's ultimately fine for the most part.

Jack fought a sulong mink army + inu & neko, got a little time to recover and went after Inu again.

A severely injured Jack vs Jinbe isn't even a fair match up to say where Jinbe ranks.

I think jinbe and Jack are comparable to each other, if they're both healthy,, maybe give Jack more endurance but they're more or less equal in my mind. Even now I don't see Jinbe dog walking Jack like he did with WsW

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
While I know Jinbe is strong, him beating Jack won't prove much ( at least to me ). Jinbe has a few cuts & bruises from WsW but he's ultimately fine for the most part.

Jack fought a sulong mink army + inu & neko, got a little time to recover and went after Inu again.

A severely injured Jack vs Jinbe isn't even a fair match up to say where Jinbe ranks.

I think jinbe and Jack are comparable to each other, if they're both healthy,, maybe give Jack more endurance but they're more or less equal in my mind. Even now I don't see Jinbe dog walking Jack like he did with WsW
yeah it isnt about that tbh. point was oda has to clearly structure the crew in terms of powerscaling. a similar example would be enies lobby and right after it where you can compare the strawhats using their bounties and doriki of the opponents they fought.

i think with the end of this arc, we're due for a similar update with new bounties to all the strawhats. luffy will be officially an emperor of the sea so the ranking and structure of his crew his important.

It's not that Jack assumed he couldn't. Jack was dealing with the minks on Zou, got a report of doffys capture and set out to try and rescue him because of the ties doffy has to kaido... there wasn't really time to form a plan or request backup since they're out at sea.

Plus Jack is extremely loyal to Kaido & if Kaido needs something done then Jack will at least step to the challenge and try to do it. Unlike king or queen that don't do much of anything.

yeah it isnt about that tbh. point was oda has to clearly structure the crew in terms of powerscaling. a similar example would be enies lobby and right after it where you can compare the strawhats using their bounties and doriki of the opponents they fought.

i think with the end of this arc, we're due for a similar update with new bounties to all the strawhats. luffy will be officially an emperor of the sea so the ranking and structure of his crew his important.
Maybe... but with how disappointing the tobi toppo have been as a whole, I don't find it surprising that people think the strawhats and/or the tobi roppo are weak.

People just wanted a good match for the strawhats & we didn't get that.