Current Events Why is it that X Tobi Roppo gets called the weakest whenever a SH beats them?

Because people refuse that Strawhats are that strong and breathing YC tier on the neck.
"Luffy couldnt beat YC3 with Nami's help so no way Franky, Robin and alike can do anything close"...
If people understood match-ups, they wouldnt be surprised and downplaying F6...
I agree
Oda was just throwing bad match ups for Luffy the whole time… this was in order to actually make him more complete and more rounded fighter…

- In his fight with Hody, Luffy stated his haki is still weak to defend against sharp things…

- Next we have Doflamingo where he was fighting sharp threads the whole fight… for Doffy to expose a new weakness in Gear 4th, stalling it by Awakening and not fighting head on with your body…

- Cracker followed same method as Doffy with his busicuit soldiers and hiding his body…

- Katakuri was basically predicting Luffy’s future.

- And then Kaido was only getting affected by advanced armament and + higher techniques..

Basically, Oda never throw an opponent that can be good match for Luffy…

I would say Dressrosa level Luffy would wipe the floor with Jack/Smoothie based on their skillset… and because of fighting style… I didn’t add Queen because of his poison which nearly killed Luffy in Udon.. and we don’t know much about King…

but this is how match ups play a role… Jack fighting style is PEFECT for Luffy to dominate

Luffy has stronger strike, more agile, more everything in every area against him… even during Dressrosa arc

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

I would say Dressrosa level Luffy would wipe the floor with Jack/Smoothie based on their skillset… and because of fighting style… I didn’t add Queen because of his poison which nearly killed Luffy in Udon.. and we don’t know much about King…

but this is how match ups play a role… Jack fighting style is PEFECT for Luffy to dominate
Not sure if there are people left who are a good match-up for Luffy... It's people like Garp and Blackbeard but we dont see such often...
The reason why he couldnt beat Calamities either is because they would have outlasted his Gear 4, easily and all 3 of them have sharp weapons so they are one clean hit away from harming Luffy significantly if not straight up defeating him...

Even now, he is still at a match-up disadvantage against King and unlikely to stand a chance at victory against him.
There arent many opponents who have regular bodies, dont fight with an element they manipulate, dont use sharp weapons for Luffy to shine. Like I said, in Luffy's path, only Blackbeard fits that description and even he used sharp weapons in the past...

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
probably sanji fans saying that to try hide they are stronger than Sanji same scene as Kings KO RS sanji :milaugh:
Or maybe cover the notion that Black Maria is likely the weakest and he still didn't free himself off those nets despite he had material time to attain that without risking to hurt her fundamentally.

TobiRoppo fights are too short,people are just disappointed!
Post automatically merged:

I agree
Oda was just throwing bad match ups for Luffy the whole time… this was in order to actually make him more complete and more rounded fighter…

- In his fight with Hody, Luffy stated his haki is still weak to defend against sharp things…

- Next we have Doflamingo where he was fighting sharp threads the whole fight… for Doffy to expose a new weakness in Gear 4th, stalling it by Awakening and not fighting head on with your body…

- Cracker followed same method as Doffy with his busicuit soldiers and hiding his body…

- Katakuri was basically predicting Luffy’s future.

- And then Kaido was only getting affected by advanced armament and + higher techniques..

Luffy has stronger strike, more agile, more everything in every area against him… even during Dressrosa arc
Yep,I agree 100% with everything you wrote,pure Brawlers like Jack are the Perfect Match up for Luffy!Dressrosa Luffy beats Zoan type commanders without much trouble!

weakest roppo is between maria or page 1
Page one ability in hybrid is pretty impressive. I would honestly bet on him over Sasaki. Sasaki and WS probably gets propped up within the group coz they are much more established pirate captains and are much older. Page one feats though are better for sure.

cp9 fights took 1-2 chapters except for M3 fights, monster chopper literally washed them and mind you they knew haki according to vivre card. And those same cp9 were one-shotting luffy and zoro just a day before. Power creep was massive but no one criticizes it because nostalgia una. if enies lobby was going on right now they woudl say the same thing, "oda is rushing to cover the chapters he wasted on kokoro and that little girl", "Cp9 are just huge disappointment" and "they lost in 1 chapters" and blah blah blah

thank god there werent forums in that time. or maybe there were but not this big

Last edited:
At present, Hawkins may really be inferior to Maria
The author can also let Jinbe fight Jack instead of wsw from the beginning
Hawkins is fighting Killer, a rooftop fighter. Black Maria fought Robin. Hawkins >>> Black Maria. And Black Maria has a HIGHER RANK.

So don't give me this b.s. about WW < Jack because of his rank, when Oda specifically stated that you have TO EARN A SHOT for the title, and Who's Who hasn't gotten his shot yet.

You don't automatically put Calamity > Tobi Roppo, just like you don't automatically put Tobi Roppo > Headliners. You have to SHOW FEATS in battle.

The author can also let Jinbe fight Jack instead of wsw from the beginning
Mate Jack is INJURED. He had to be injured as a result of the "rematch" with Minks. What sense does it make for Jinbe to fight a half-dead person?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Hawkins is fighting Killer, a rooftop fighter. Black Maria fought Robin. Hawkins >>> Black Maria. And Black Maria has a HIGHER RANK.
i agree with this but i dont think who's who is stronger than jack.

jack could fight the mink dukes on par for over 5 days. i place the minks right at YC3. who's who got low to mid diff'd by jinbe. i place jinbe around yc3 ish range but who's who is definitely lower.

i agree with this but i dont think who's who is stronger than jack.

jack could fight the mink dukes on par for over 5 days. i place the minks right at YC3. who's who got low to mid diff'd by jinbe. i place jinbe around yc3 ish range but who's who is definitely lower.
At the end of the day that's all headcanon. No one knows Jinbe's true powerlevel.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
At the end of the day that's all headcanon. No one knows Jinbe's true powerlevel.
the only fights in the series where jinbe has truly run out of gas was against ace and at marineford.

if you scale him against a pre whitebeard pirates ace, he should be around the level of an executive. assuming he grows over time as well and the way he's been portrayed along with sanji, zoro and luffy ~ i think yc3 ish range is a fairly decent call.

the only fights in the series where jinbe has truly run out of gas was against ace and at marineford.

if you scale him against a pre whitebeard pirates ace, he should be around the level of an executive. assuming he grows over time as well and the way he's been portrayed along with sanji, zoro and luffy ~ i think yc3 ish range is a fairly decent call.
Pre-Whitebeard Ace, was what, Yamato level? Is Yamato clearly not > Jack?

And the question is how much did they all improve from then? Like I said it's all speculation.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Pre-Whitebeard Ace, was what, Yamato level? Is Yamato clearly not > Jack?
i think yamato and ace just clashed. they didnt really fight a draw out battle like jinbe and ace did. else ace was gonna get stomped.

either that or yamato improved leaps and bounds by fighting kaido regularly hoping to be strong enough to beat him on the day of the fire festival (20 years after toki's prophecy). since she had no idea that momonosuke or the scabbards were alive and that there is going to be an alliance which will fight kaido on that day, in her mind she was supposed to free wano by becoming oden on the day. maybe that's how she got so much stronger over these 4-5 ish years idk im just spitballing ideas.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Jinbe's power level is not that complex to discern.

Pretty much what it takes to mid diff a Tobi Roppo that is presumably amongst the strongest ones. And barely mid diff.

YC2-YC3 ballpark on paper for now. Let's see if this is how it remains or if WsW gets back on track or Jinbe shows new compelling attacks but he used a secrete tech.