General & Others Why is that Kid and Law despite being Luffy's rivals

Because Oda is just an outsider of his own manga. You have to view things as how Oda created them, not to how fanbase wants it.

The bounty is not given by Oda... I mean, it is given by the World Goverment with the info they have.

Law and Kidd should just get the split bounty of Big Mom... which is 2.17 billion, even lower than Teach's first Yonko Bounty. Yet, they still didnt beat her, so their real threat power should be 2 billion at best just as Crocodile.

While Luffy indeed damaged Kaido for like... the 80%? So yeah, Luffy should have 3 billion and Law&Kidd 2 billion.

But since they were the captains... and the info is limited, they get equal potrayal.

get absolutely stomped by luffy in a 1v1

- so oda has been pushing kid and law to be luffy's rivals for the PK race again and again

according to many series , going for the same path and being toe to toe in the competition means being equal or on the same level in strength

kid / law / luffy have been competing for the PK race and thus they are rivals
if u look at the panels above , then u will surely believe that these 3 characters are equal in strength
especially in the bounty panel , where the wg perceives them as a threat on the same level

but when we actually look at their individual feats and portrayal outside these panels , then luffy absolutely shit stomps kid and law in a 1v1

infact i will go as far as to say that even in a 1v2 , luffy is beating kid and law
then why is that despite oda portraying these 3 on the same level most of the time they are on panel , luffy is actually tiers above in strength .
:cheers:

Yeah Kid and Law are getting butt-fucked by Luffy; Shanks and Blackbeard are Luffy's true rivals

I don't want to see Kid's failures being used as excuses to drag Luffy down, they're not comparable