Character Discussion Why Mihawk doesn't fight non swordsmen?

Coz they aren't on his level. Most top tiers are humans that's why humans are excluded from WSC title.

The same is true for WSM. Swordsmen are the strongest in history that's why Roger matched the WSM, a one armed swordsman matched the WSC. So the WSM also doesn't include swordsmen.

Which means whoever is the WSS is also the strongest. That's why he only fights swordsmen coz only swordsmen could give him a challenge.

Last edited:
WB is a skilled "Blade" user so he is considered "Swordsman" The only reason he held that title as the Strongest Man is because he had that devil fruit. So even if Mihawk can beat Prime Beard. He still won't be able to "Destroy the World".

Having the ability to Destroy the World does not mean you are the Strongest Fighter. BUT Prime Beard at that time WAS Strong enough to fight on EQUAL terms with Roger who Garp can also match. AND out of all of them HE HAD the means to DESTROY the World.

SO Prime Beard IS the STRONGEST MAN.

Mihawk TITLE is the only TITLE that isn't tied to a DEVIL Fruit. Its PURE Strength and Skill. Meaning if Prime Beard is on the same era as Mihawk and Shanks. He would also be a contender for the title "Strongest Swordsman".

That is my take ~

AND out of all of them HE HAD the means to DESTROY the World.
Do we know his quakes can reach islands hundreds or thousands of km far away?

IF we do extrapolate these to global scale

then we have all the right to extrapolate this one to global scale too. It was just a casual hakilet slash meant to scare some rookie after all. So he should be able to cut off a chunk of the planet right?

Obviously I am just using the same measures for both, mihawk and wb, here. Not that I'd argue either of those could literally destroy the world. It's exaggeration.

Mihawk certainly took down many non-swordfighters as well as top level pure swordsmen.
Though Oda needs to show a couple examples if we don't want an empty-hyped Mihawk narrative that only matters for zoro.

Looking forward for him to have his shine and wank-flashbacks/tellings about previous feats. Now that Garp, Kuzan, Hancock, shanks etc have gotten theirs.

Master Swordsmen Fight end in a True Mano a Mano Exchange
They are Legends Among Men, They are Prideful & Fight like Cowboys

Mihawk is Strongest Swordsman, meaning He can Perform Strongest Sword Attack Possible, otherwise He wouldn't be WSS
Since it's Confirmed that a Sword Attack relies on your Physical Stats + Haki, then that means Mihawk's Final Attack is Unrivaled
The Stronger Mihawk's Opponent is, the Higher the Technique needed to beat him, and Best of them requires Mihawk's Final Attack

Since No Swordsman can Beat Mihawk in such Exchange, and Wano Confirmed over & over again that Ultimate Sword & Haki Attacks cannot be Matched by any DF Technique, it simply shows that No One is Stronger than Mihawk in a 1v1 Duel, because No Character has an Attack that can Overpower Mihawk's 100% Output (If there is, He wouldn't be WSS)

So Mihawk doesn't Fight anyone really, cuz even Shanks didn't force him to Reveal his Trump Card, and Mihawk doesn't believe there is anyone Stronger than Shanks/Roger to Face him

Swordsmen, No Swordsmen, DF User, No DF, Haki, No Haki, Sword, Staff, Gun ... etc
Whatever They have, Mihawk is No. 1

Only Final Villain, Luffy, Zoro, Blackbeard & maybe some Ancient Legends can be Stronger than him
The Rest are not

Do we know his quakes can reach islands hundreds or thousands of km far away?

IF we do extrapolate these to global scale

then we have all the right to extrapolate this one to global scale too. It was just a casual hakilet slash meant to scare some rookie after all. So he should be able to cut off a chunk of the planet right?

Obviously I am just using the same measures for both, mihawk and wb, here. Not that I'd argue either of those could literally destroy the world. It's exaggeration.

Mihawk certainly took down many non-swordfighters as well as top level pure swordsmen.
Though Oda needs to show a couple examples if we don't want an empty-hyped Mihawk narrative that only matters for zoro.

Looking forward for him to have his shine and wank-flashbacks/tellings about previous feats. Now that Garp, Kuzan, Hancock, shanks etc have gotten theirs.
Won't deny anything here. But Thing is as far as titles go we have nothing to back any of them. So far only WB was wanked so far as "He could Destroy the world". And using what little we have for each character we can safely assume the only reason Prime Beard was considered the WSM even thou Roger and Garp were alive is him having that fruit.

I am curios how do rank the titles? I think

WSM is above WSS and WSC because of that fruit.

My short "why" is i am ranking them this way.

WSM = Power that can Destroy the World - the user is one of the top tiers and can be fought off but has the edge over them.
WSS = The Strongest Blade - the user arguably "should" have the strongest 1 shot attacks against living things. Other than that unknown.
WSC = Strongest Physical Body out of everyone around the world - the user can be stopped by Shanks and can be destroyed by the WSM fruit.