Character Discussion Why Mihawk doesn't fight non swordsmen?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
That was after Whitebeard got stabbed my Squardo, fisted by Akainu and gangbanged by everyone, but he admitted that Cancerbeard without battle damage was stronger than him
No he didnt.
He did the opposite. If whitbeard was stronger he would fight him
Once he saw jozu and Co jump to save him he lost interest this is before squardos stab.

No he didnt.
He did the opposite. If whitbeard was stronger he would fight him
Once he saw jozu and Co jump to save him he lost interest this is before squardos stab.
Why did he attack Whitebeard while saying "I want to measure the distance between you and me" then? Anyway, Marineford power-scaling is whacky asf anyway since back then Oda had barely invented Haki and didn't know wtf he was doing

BUT saying that Mihawk didn't fight Whitebeard because he's weaker than him that he can't bother is plain untrue and disingenuous since he attacked East Blue fodder and Pre-TS Luffy without hesitation, so he definitely would have no problem fighting Whitebeard if he clearly has no problem attacking actual fodder characters

HA001

Why did he attack Whitebeard while saying "I want to measure the distance between you and me" then? Anyway, Marineford power-scaling is whacky asf anyway since back then Oda had barely invented Haki and didn't know wtf he was doing

BUT saying that Mihawk didn't fight Whitebeard because he's weaker than him that he can't bother is plain untrue and disingenuous since he attacked East Blue fodder and Pre-TS Luffy without hesitation, so he definitely would have no problem fighting Whitebeard if he clearly has no problem attacking actual fodder characters
At no point does he say you and me.
He says us ie the wsm to the rest of the world.

Because he as he said to sengoku and at the end of the war only showed up in the first place for whitebeard.

At no point does he say you and me.
He says us ie the wsm to the rest of the world.

Because he as he said to sengoku and at the end of the war only showed up in the first place for whitebeard.
Anyway MF was bullshit power-scaling wise and whether Cancerbeard was stronger or not, Mihawk wouldn't have fought him anyway. Not because he was stronger or weaker, but because plot would have prevented it since that's not what Oda had planned

HA001

That doesnt change my point does it

he attained a title years ago and has done fuck all since
just a bloke waiting to get beat.
Because he has no worthy challengers left. Was clearly stated in his vc. Thats why he spends his time sailing for fun.
Hes waiting for a fight not to be beat. And he only gets that fight when zoro surpasses yonko shanks.

Because he has no worthy challengers left. Was clearly stated in his vc. Thats why he spends his time sailing for fun.
Hes waiting for a fight not to be beat. And he only gets that fight when zoro surpasses yonko shanks.
I know the lame backstory excuse
that "no one is worthy "

there's a gorosei wildcard with a sword
2 guys that just came out of the military draft from nowhere
Theres a yonko who got stronger after their duels 13 yrs ago but is not "worthy " because he has one arm
and there are other strong fighters Kaido , Blackbeard etc . Thing is as we saw with the CG chap not long ago , he is averse to challenging these lot.

The bloke isnt interested in anything higher than what he currently is . He is waiting to get beat. its as simple as that . Mihawk doesnt fight anyone relevant because he has capped his ambition.

Funny how you're the one to misquote Mihawk's words and then talk about someone else being disingenuous.

What Mihawk said was "measure the true distance between us and that man"

Why would you deliberately ignore the difference between single and plural? Unless Mihawk considers literally everyone on the Navy's side (including himself) equal to one another, then that statement makes zero sense from a powerscaling perspective.

What Mihawk was measuring was how difficult it would be for anyone to reach WB.

HA001

I know the lame backstory excuse
that "no one is worthy "

there's a gorosei wildcard with a sword
2 guys that just came out of the military draft from nowhere
Theres a yonko who got stronger after their duels 13 yrs ago but is not "worthy " because he has one arm
and there are other strong fighters Kaido , Blackbeard etc . Thing is as we saw with the CG chap not long ago , he is averse to challenging these lot.

The bloke isnt interested in anything higher than what he currently is . He is waiting to get beat. its as simple as that . Mihawk doesnt fight anyone relevant because he has capped his ambition.
Lmfao cope more.
There aren't strong enough fighters for him
Hes a level above yonko shanks. No one else In the world gets to say that
Kaido that almost died in 2 hits to a swordsman tiers below not worth his time
Admirals weaker than Shanks not worth his time.
These are the facts

Ngl but that’s more boring than Mihawk’s own boredom. Oda got all this worldbuilding yet not one other character cares about the title except for Zoro, that stuff blows so much that it even ruined Post Time skip Zoro as a character.

Funny how you're the one to misquote Mihawk's words and then talk about someone else being disingenuous.

What Mihawk said was "measure the true distance between us and that man"

Why would you deliberately ignore the difference between single and plural? Unless Mihawk considers literally everyone on the Navy's side (including himself) equal to one another, then that statement makes zero sense from a powerscaling perspective.

What Mihawk was measuring was how difficult it would be for anyone to reach WB.
I know that he said "us" instead of "me", but we're not debating how strong are the Warlords compared to Cancerbeard, we're only comparing Mihawk and since he included himself in the context of his words.

Also it doesn't necessarily mean that he considers all of the Warlords equal in the sense that they have equal power level, but in the sense that they're all equally weaker than Cancerbeard, that's why he said it plural and included himself

Anyway like I said, Marineford was bullshit since aside from Mihawk, wounded Cancerbeard isn't stronger than Akainu or Yami Blackbeard despite his showings againt them, but back then the power-scaling was shit because Oda hadn't refined Haki yet or knew how the story would progress

Won't deny anything here. But Thing is as far as titles go we have nothing to back any of them. So far only WB was wanked so far as "He could Destroy the world". And using what little we have for each character we can safely assume the only reason Prime Beard was considered the WSM even thou Roger and Garp were alive is him having that fruit.

I am curios how do rank the titles? I think

WSM is above WSS and WSC because of that fruit.

My short "why" is i am ranking them this way.

WSM = Power that can Destroy the World - the user is one of the top tiers and can be fought off but has the edge over them.
WSS = The Strongest Blade - the user arguably "should" have the strongest 1 shot attacks against living things. Other than that unknown.
WSC = Strongest Physical Body out of everyone around the world - the user can be stopped by Shanks and can be destroyed by the WSM fruit.
I wouldn't go so far to rank those. Unless we get rivals for those (which I don't think we will ever get) these titles were given to those individuals after they had reached top levels. Sailing those seas, I would never draw clear lines of superiority or inferiority. Every battle between members of that class would last for days with an outcome that strongly depended on the situation (one quick wrong decision, an external element distracting one of them, etc.). Meaning the fight, if repeated over and over, could still go either way again - and again only after a 10 day long fight.

I start to think that at this point we have to understand those titles were created because of those top level people.
"Oh look, that's Kaido. He's unrivaled, a literal monster in all terms. (And since he's not really human but rather some weird creature/oni) let's name that guy Strongest Creature of the World.

Same for Mihawk."Oh look, that's the swordsman that fucked up everyone who ever dared to face him. He must be the Strongest Swordsman on the World."

Same for WB. "Oh, look. That's Whitebeard. Just a regular human guy but he's literally fighting the Pirate King/ or superstar pirate Gold Roger (depending on the time) on equal terms. He must be The Strongest Human on the World."

Surely Roger had some title too, prior to his ascension to PK. Surely Shanks has some title, too. One that isn't any less worth than WSS, WSM, WSC, etc.

In one piece, titles don't make people. People make titles.