Character Discussion Why Mihawk doesn't fight non swordsmen?

power system back then very different
Yeah exactly, the current power system makes the characters on a completely different league

Can you imagine Shanks with Advanced Haki getting scarred by a fruitless Blackbeard? It just doesn't make any sense but back then there was barely any Haki let alone Advanced Haki. Haki was just a way by Oda to try and balance Logias

What i'm trying to say that if Marineford took place right now with the current power system those characters would be VASTLY stronger than they were at the actual Marineford 13 years ago. Oda just hadn't thought deeply about Haki back then and the powers that make the top-tier broken nowadays hadn't even existed
It happened pre or post timeskip doesn’t automatically mean mihawks portrayal would look any better. Have everyone keep the same attitudes and physical states and nothing would really change

Zoro doesn't have to fight swordsmen to get stronger. The first person post skip to push zoro was yonko kaido.
Mihawk is late game for zoro so like dragon the longer the story the more he gets pushed back. I don't expect to get mihawk lore before it's his time. It is what it is.
He doesn’t have to but in Wano man should have, Wano got hyped to the roof for a long time and in the land of the Samurai Zoro only gets challenged facing Kaido and King instead. Doesn’t even get anything swordsmanship related except for the black blade which no one else in the current story even has except Mihawk. Zoro’s goal and climb to the top is a lonely one in a sea with only one big fish to beat. That’s the only thing that is keeping it from being completely empty like some of the other Straw Hats.

Dragon is like already finished bro lol, the Revos suck.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
He doesn’t have to but in Wano man should have, Wano got hyped to the roof for a long time and in the land of the Samurai Zoro only gets challenged facing Kaido and King instead. Doesn’t even get anything swordsmanship related except for the black blade which no one else in the current story even has except Mihawk. Zoro’s goal and climb to the top is a lonely one in a sea with only one big fish to beat. That’s the only thing that is keeping it from being completely empty like some of the other Straw Hats.
If wano had a bunch of swordsmen of that calibre then kaido wouldn't have taken it over.

Yeah exactly, the current power system makes the characters on a completely different league

Can you imagine Shanks with Advanced Haki getting scarred by a fruitless Blackbeard? It just doesn't make any sense but back then there was barely any Haki let alone Advanced Haki. Haki was just a way by Oda to try and balance Logias
apparently though BB was a bit of a monster and was going to be the prized 2nd div commander before ace came around.

sounds odd BB could do that but not out of the question.

I wouldn't go so far to rank those. Unless we get rivals for those (which I don't think we will ever get) these titles were given to those individuals after they had reached top levels. Sailing those seas, I would never draw clear lines of superiority or inferiority. Every battle between members of that class would last for days with an outcome that strongly depended on the situation (one quick wrong decision, an external element distracting one of them, etc.). Meaning the fight, if repeated over and over, could still go either way again - and again only after a 10 day long fight.

I start to think that at this point we have to understand those titles were created because of those top level people.
"Oh look, that's Kaido. He's unrivaled, a literal monster in all terms. (And since he's not really human but rather some weird creature/oni) let's name that guy Strongest Creature of the World.

Same for Mihawk."Oh look, that's the swordsman that fucked up everyone who ever dared to face him. He must be the Strongest Swordsman on the World."

Same for WB. "Oh, look. That's Whitebeard. Just a regular human guy but he's literally fighting the Pirate King/ or superstar pirate Gold Roger (depending on the time) on equal terms. He must be The Strongest Human on the World."

Surely Roger had some title too, prior to his ascension to PK. Surely Shanks has some title, too. One that isn't any less worth than WSS, WSM, WSC, etc.

In one piece, titles don't make people. People make titles.
Pretty much yea but Ranking the titles is understanding the weight behind them. I don't rank the holders themselves.

Same for WB. "Oh, look. That's Whitebeard. Just a regular human guy but he's literally fighting the Pirate King/ or superstar pirate Gold Roger (depending on the time) on equal terms. He must be The Strongest Human on the World."
I know you only meant this as an example but there is no way he would called WSM over just fighting Roger on equal terms. So i am gonna assume the fruit is a big factor in that scenario.

Other than that i think we are on the same page here.

C

Cruxroux

Mihawk admitted that MF Whitebeard was stronger than him though and that's why he attacked him to "measure the distance between them"
No admitted nothing.
What quoted could be meant in opposite way as well.
Maybe he was checking WB is still strong enough to take on him or not.

He’s very particular, he only has an interest in fighting strong swordsmen. Not just anyone that’s strong but strong and skilled with a blade.

Mihawk was talking about how hard it is to attack WB with his commanders around him.

After Mihawk says that, Jozu blocks his attack and Marco blocks Kizaru's attack.
Both aimed at Whitebeard.

The "true" distance meant how they cannot attack WB w/o disregarding the Commanders.
Copium

Mihaqj wasn't talking how hard it is to get to WB lol
Post automatically merged:

He’s very particular, he only has an interest in fighting strong swordsmen. Not just anyone that’s strong but strong and skilled with a blade.
He's a fraud who ducks anyone strong
He only fights weaker people to flex

C

Cruxroux

Copium

Mihaqj wasn't talking how hard it is to get to WB lol
Post automatically merged:

He's a fraud who ducks anyone strong
He only fights weaker people to flex
name me one strong opponent Kata has fought except for Oven lol.
:doffytroll::doffytroll::doffytroll::doffytroll:

Mihawk already accomplished his dream. The only thing left is for the torch to be passed.
The point of the characters who are present at the start of the story. Is that they are lacking in something. Mihawk isn't satisfied. There is a reason that Shanks losing an arm is a big deal. Because in a way its like "robbing" Mihawk Passion for something else.

So in a sense no Mihawk didn't achieve his dream since he is still yearning for someone to challenge.

WB is a skilled "Blade" user so he is considered "Swordsman" The only reason he held that title as the Strongest Man is because he had that devil fruit. So even if Mihawk can beat Prime Beard. He still won't be able to "Destroy the World".

Having the ability to Destroy the World does not mean you are the Strongest Fighter. BUT Prime Beard at that time WAS Strong enough to fight on EQUAL terms with Roger who Garp can also match. AND out of all of them HE HAD the means to DESTROY the World.

SO Prime Beard IS the STRONGEST MAN.

Mihawk TITLE is the only TITLE that isn't tied to a DEVIL Fruit. Its PURE Strength and Skill. Meaning if Prime Beard is on the same era as Mihawk and Shanks. He would also be a contender for the title "Strongest Swordsman".

That is my take ~
For me, it's about consistency. If WSC doesn't include humans then WSM doesn't include swordsmen as well. And the way I see it is that they don't include humans coz just like in real life where humans dominate other creatures, Humans in one piece are also the dominant race that's why most top tiers are humans. It's the same for swordsmen, they are too strong that the top tiers in history are dominated by swordsmen so they are also excluded from the WSM.

And it also coincides with zoros dream. Strawhats real dreams are what their main roles are in the crew and since Zoros main role is fighting then he wants to be the best fighter in the world. That's why he wants to be the WSS coz whoever is the WSS is the strongest fighter.