Current Events Why Oda downplays Zoro?

Why Oda wanked but then downplayed Zoro?

• Total voters
Yeah but fortunately the manga made it pretty obvious that Zoro was the only one who could do it without diying
What? where??

Nop, Kidd couldnt even stop Kaido´s regular air slashes, Law is too phisicaly weak, Killers phisical strenght and endurance is much inferior to Zoro too as proven by how easily Zoro overpowered him as kamazou, Luffy would never be able to stop that withoud fainting instantly.
Bruh thats a lot of headcanon here, i can't even argue bacause all of this is based on nothing.

Anyone could but no one stepped up. Not even future sight Luffy "The Strongest Supernova".
What that means...
That means Zoro choose to sacrifice himself in order to preserve the others most capable fighters, especially luffy, entrusting the rest of the fight for them.

What? where??

Bruh thats a lot of headcanon here, i can't even argue bacause all of this is based on nothing.

That means Zoro choose to sacrifice himself in order to preserve the others most capable fighters, especially luffy, entrusting the rest of the fight for them.
The story is clearly showing it to us, i even gave you the reason as to why im saying what im saying as shown how Zoro could scar Kaido while the others could barely scratch him, you are the one bringing stupid headcannons withoud nothing to back it up.

What? where??

Luffy "thousand knock out" is a more capable fighter than Zoro who left a scar on Kaido? Tell me more...
Law "haki" stones is a more capable fighter than Zoro...
Kid suplex WWE fighter is more capable than Zoro...
Killer "sound" not touchign attacks is more capable than Zoro...

Why Oda did this???
Oda did this to any of the main characters. Zoro had it better than Luffy and Sanji.

Luffy is the one being amnesiac about G4 when fighting Hody and saying his haki is too weak (and stomp Doflamingo in the next arc with am ability he has since post-TS), he beat two Shichibukais in pre-TS (one of which fought against Kaidou btw) and suddenly he dropped back to being fodder level once Katakuri brought empty hypetool for FS (a bootleg version of Observation Haki)...then Luffy had slim to no advantage in reactionary performance against Kaidou, even compared to Zoro-Law-Kidd who had no FS. Total bullsheet here, so Zoro had it the lightest if we compare suck powerlevel moments.

While Sanji is a living gag who lives to do nosebleed and simping for mermaids prostitutes etc. In pre-TS he had strong gentlemanly relatable qualities but post-TS Sanji is just ugh. I dont even have to mention Sanji's humiliation as a character and or powerhouse compared to Zoro.

Because he is afraid of the fandoms he created and he don't want to piss off too much any of them, so he tries to give something to eat to both zoro fans and his haters. Zoro vs King had 0 set up and doesn't match at all with what Zoro declared and his goal during this arc.
Not to mention that we have Sanji and Marco, either of them seems to be a perfect match up for King. What is Marco doing now....

i actually share the same sentiment, although for different reasons
zoro not being involved in the fight against the yonko is not a downplay, because it's a fight for the pirate king seat, the supernova captains are the one who should defeat the yonko, the rest of the crew are limited to providing support, it's a completely different playfield compared to zoro ambition to be the WSS, so at the end of the day it doesn't harm zoro's portrayal.

but when it comes to zoro in particular, oda didn't even try to cover up the PIS.
1-zoro didn't use CoA to guard himself from straw man's nails attack
2-zoro didn't use CoC to guard himself from killer's stab
3-zoro getting lost before kaido's appearance
4-zoro getting lost before yamato's appearance
5-zoro being confirmed a conqueror too late in the story
6-zoro not fighting any famous swordsmen throughout the new world
7-zoro failing to cut king, even though he can cut kaido <= this is obviously BS

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Your expectations and partly Oda is to blame for not giving Zoro a high diff/extreme diff challenge in New world arcs (dressrosa prime example)
Because it takes two Emperors to give Zoro extreme diff fight and he simply didnt want to bring Zoro into WCI to clap Meme there... :kayneshrug: