Break Week Why the Sanji downplay is stupid and pathetic!!!

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Constantly is a stretch.

The last M3 moment like this I can remember happening was in Fishman Island, and that was years ago. He’s had the chance to do it in Wano and hasn’t.
PH
Law: who among you can use Haki? If you can't, dont go near Ceasar.
Luffy:, Oh that would be ME, ZORO AND SANJI.
After Dressrosa, they get separated. At Wano, you have both of them jumping to save Otoko. You have both of them clashing with Supernovas / F6 people.
No no no buddy. It's still fresh. The only difference it's that one of them doesn't get a definitive 1v1 for 5 arcs. Even if 1 of those was actually centered around him. Why? because the author decided he wanted to highlight the character virtues and emotional ties, more than give him another fight. Not a bad thing at all, I actually ended up liking it, but then again...FIVE. ARCS. IT'S BEEN YEEEEEEEEEEEEARS.
GIVE ME THE COOK COOKING SOME BIG BOY BRACHIOSAURUS OR A FLAMING HOT DINOSAUR BIRDIE.

They dont downplay Sanji, Ryou is just that Overrated.
People act like Ryou is the second coming of Jesus lmao. The same people that said Future Sight is bullshit in Whole Cake Island.
Exactly. Don't know why people thinks that Ryou is Advanced Armament Haki.
who wrote the tags lmfao:luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh:
Well, you know, there are two types of people in this forum.....

This is me

This is the other people

Are you sure it’s not because you’re afraid he will awake it someday ?
Of course he won’t

if you wanna bet then you will have to sustain this bet for five years to the end of the series

I can bet Zoro has CoC because I can say “Either Zoro gets it this arc or he doesn’t”. I can bet Zoro gets CoC in Wano.

That’s something you cannot do for Sanji. The bet will have to be “Sanji gets CoC by the end of the series” which is some vague ass shit.
That’s why it’s no use betting on it

unless you think Sanji will ALSO get CoC this arc. If you say that then we will definitely bet on that one
Post automatically merged:

I think Sanji vs Queen will happen this year.
Okay fine. You believe Queen has such high durability that he competes with Kaido in story mechanics that Sanji just magically has Ryou simply because the story demands it for Queen.

fine.

so the bet is on, Sanji has to be clearly shown or stated to be using Ryou against queen. THERE WILL BE NO NONSENSE LIKE THOSE BLURRY PANELS OF SANJI USING HARDENING. We do not allow vague unconfirmed panels like that. It has to be either clearly visually shown or it has to be directly stated. No ambiguity. The right?

Doggo

Isn't the "thing" special about ancient zoans the fact that they have some extra special endurance capabilities?
Or it's just a dumb thing like "oh, it's a dinosaur. that's all"?
Scratch that, thats the "awakening" stuff. Some random guards in Impel Down managed to awaken their zoan fruits, but some hot shots from a Yonko crew can't?
Oda plz. stop.

Of course he won’t

if you wanna bet then you will have to sustain this bet for five years to the end of the series

I can bet Zoro has CoC because I can say “Either Zoro gets it this arc or he doesn’t”. I can bet Zoro gets CoC in Wano.

That’s something you cannot do for Sanji. The bet will have to be “Sanji gets CoC by the end of the series” which is some vague ass shit.
That’s why it’s no use betting on it

unless you think Sanji will ALSO get CoC this arc. If you say that then we will definitely bet on that one

Okay fine. You believe Queen has such high durability that he competes with Kaido in story mechanics that Sanji just magically has Ryou simply because the story demands it for Queen.

fine.

so the bet is on, Sanji has to be clearly shown or stated to be using Ryou against queen. THERE WILL BE NO NONSENSE LIKE THOSE BLURRY PANELS OF SANJI USING HARDENING. We do not allow vague unconfirmed panels like that. It has to be either clearly visually shown or it has to be directly stated. No ambiguity. The right?
I mean we never know, Oda made a habit of subverting expectations. Everyone expects Zoro to unlock CoC at Wano because that's the most fitting place for him to get it, but then boum, turns out Sanji unlocks it instead and Zoro already has it (and Zoro already having it is a possibility that should be seriously considered). Very unlikely, of course (and not something I'd bet on), but again, we never know with Oda. And he did say Wano arc would be unpredictable after all.

Last edited:
I mean we never know, Oda made a habit of subverting expectations. Everyone expects Zoro to unlock CoC at Wano because that's the most fitting place for him to get it, but then boum, turns out Sanji unlocks it instead and Zoro already has it (and Zoro already having it is a possibility that should be seriously considered). Very unlikely, of course (and not something I'd bet on), but again, we never know with Oda. And he did say Wano arc would be unpredictable after all.
I mean it’s all well and good to say “anything can happen” but what I’m looking for is bets

what’s what betting on? I don’t think ANYONE would actually take your scenario as worth betting on

Good thread @Zoro D Goat very well elaborated, Your arguments and examples were convincing am not gonna lie.
:cheers:
But to be fair it seems like Sanji will have a different path of power.. Not necessarily the path of Ryou that Luffy and Zoro trained hard to master but a combination of what he already has (RS tech + Haki + DJ + Germa Genes?) which could be as effective against Ancient Zoan. Plus COA is not his predilection field so it safe to not expect much from him in that section. Post Timeskip Luffy/Zoro have the same engine, Sanji's one it's just different, If Oda had him trained by let's say Garp i would have somehow considered his COA level like the others ones. Sanji doesn't strike me as a character that can have COA's lessons flashback and his COA grows stronger but one that can have childhood/Timeskip flashback and his anger makes him flames higher, If Oda hands him that haki flow right now, it would be great but would lack substance IMO.
About COC i don't rule out Sanji , he might have it by EOS.i feel like If King and Queen have it, Sanji's will definitely have it
:kata:

Last edited:
Ryou isn't just armament haki, please stop spreading this misinformation.

-Luffy already had armament haki before Udon, but he didn't know how to use ryou. He had to be taught by Hyogoro to be able to use ryou, in order to hurt Kaido.

*Ryou means 'flowing sakura' and it refers to a specific type of application of armament haki where the user makes it flow outwards from the body.

-This ryou allows Kinemon and scabbards to breach Kaido's skin, whereas Luffy(with armament haki hardening) could not do it, even with Kong Organ.

-and on topic, Sanji has armament haki, but he does not know how to use ryou.

Doggo

About the so called "Germa Genes".
Wasn't the whole point of Sanji's mother to take that medicine and basically poison herself until death to make sure at least one of her children wouldn't have these "modified genes" and would become a normal human? Kinda kills that plotline if now Sanji wake these up.
He trained with Zeff and became strong. He trained at Ivankov country to become stronger. Now, instead of training, he gained a tech suit te become even stronger. No need for Germa genes or whatever. The Suit should fulfill that role AT LEAST for this arc.

Ryou IS Haki, but in Wano, they most commonly have a specific application. Imagine CoA is an apple. Luffy have red apple (hardening), but, in order to breach Kaido's scales, he needs to get green apple (flowing sakura). But green apple is not a strong version of a red apple. Just different types of the same thing.

Law: who among you can use Haki? If you can't, dont go near Ceasar.
Luffy:, Oh that would be ME, ZORO AND SANJI.
I suppose that could count, but it’s not exactly a memorable moment. Zoro and Sanji aren’t even there.
At Wano, you have both of them jumping to save Otoko. You have both of them clashing with Supernovas / F6 people.
That’s a Zoro/Sanji moment, not a M3 moment.

We haven’t had something like this

or even just a small moment of the three being grouped together like this

in a very, very long time. Even when the three were finally reunited on Wano we haven’t got it. We’ve had Luffy/Zoro/Jinbei, and Luffy/Sanji/Jinbei, but no Luffy/Zoro/Sanji stuff.

About the so called "Germa Genes".
Wasn't the whole point of Sanji's mother to take that medicine and basically poison herself until death to make sure at least one of her children wouldn't have these "modified genes" and would become a normal human? Kinda kills that plotline if now Sanji wake these up.
He trained with Zeff and became strong. He trained at Ivankov country to become stronger. Now, instead of training, he gained a tech suit te become even stronger. No need for Germa genes or whatever. The Suit should fulfill that role AT LEAST for this arc.
For me the genes plotline is still in the equation because Ivankov's Power can still fix it , i just can't see him perform Ryou this arc. IMO he will have is own path of power, he can be strong in his own way, no need to make him imitate Luffy and Zoro.

Doggo

For me the genes plotline is still in the equation because Ivankov's Power can still fix it , i just can't see him perform Ryou this arc. IMO he will have is own path of power, he can be strong in his own way, no need to make him imitate Luffy and Zoro.
I strongly disagree with the gene plotline. The suit is something he DECIDED to use despite his hatred towards Germa. Something similar happened when Zoro threw his pride away and asked Mihawk to train him, because, for Zoro, at that point helping Luffy become the PK was more important than being all proud and shit. Now, genes is not something he DECIDES to use. It's just there and that's it. It would be part of who he is. That's the point that makes me go against it. It's something that actually made his mother die. Not the case with the Raid Suit.

I, personally, think that for Sanji to use Ryou during this arc, there should be a quick flashback of someone teaching it to him during the week before the raid. Wouldn't make much sense for him to develop it on his own. For now, I think the Raid Suit should be enough.
Vegapunk created something that made the Shichibukais obsolete, so SCIENCE definitely is a source of power in the One Piece universe, and can go toe to toe with magical haki powers and stuff.
If Sanji with no Raid Suit, beat Yonji with Raid Suit, Sanji with Raid Suit should be way above his siblings and should be able to go against Queen or King (not saying he is gonna own them like he did Jabura, but a mid-high diff fight is plausible).

I suppose that could count, but it’s not exactly a memorable moment. Zoro and Sanji aren’t even there.

That’s a Zoro/Sanji moment, not a M3 moment.

We haven’t had something like this

or even just a small moment of the three being grouped together like this

in a very, very long time. Even when the three were finally reunited on Wano we haven’t got it. We’ve had Luffy/Zoro/Jinbei, and Luffy/Sanji/Jinbei, but no Luffy/Zoro/Sanji stuff.
That's because as soon as they arrived at Dressrosa, they got separated until Wano.
But, to show that Oda didn't forget the dynamic, the two that got more triggered during the explanation of the Smiles were Zoro (because of his bond with Yasuie and the people from Ebisu town), and Sanji (Shinobu explains that people kept eating the bad smiles, because of their hunger. When he says that, the panel focus on Sanji. He has the same expression as Zoro). Then, they are the ones who jump head first to protect Otoko from Orochi. Unfortunately Luffy wasn't there because...well...he was in Udon, but the would most likely have charged as well.
M3 is alive and well. They have their powerups. But Luffy and Zoro have something that Sanji doesn't have. They are Supernovas, so they will naturally have interactions that Sanji, for not being a Supernova himself, won't have. Like the rooftop clash.
MAYBE the 9 shadows really were the 9 scabbards, maybe it's the pirates that will take down the yonkos, or maybe Oda will forget about it. Who knows? All we can do is wait. And watch that marvelous Franky vs Sasaki fight. That fight is gonna be fucking awesome. :funky:

Last edited: