Speculations Why the story had Yamato stay in Wano instead of going with the Straw Hats.

Oda simply doesn't know what to do with characters anymore.

She had 20 years to think what she would do when that time come but suddenly she changed in those 1/2 weeks don't even know anymore how long the raid was over.

Oda simply doesn't know what to do with characters anymore.

She had 20 years to think what she would do when that time come but suddenly she changed in those 1/2 weeks don't even know anymore how long the raid was over.
She talked with the others, implying it was something they told Yamato that possibly changed her mind beyond just wanting to retrace Oden's path.

If Caribou works for Crocodile, then he might tell him about Pluton and lead to Crocodile going to Wano, maybe even with Mihawk, which may be the main reason the story had Yamato be in Wano, not to be there forever, but specifically for him.

If she follows in Oden's footsteps, Oden began his journey from the capital. He had the mountain god adventure there, then was cast out to wander Wano and his retainers started gathering around him. Then he took over Kuri and became a Daimio, all this before he went out to sea.
So Yamato has to have an adventure in the capital, then wander around Wano, perhaps all the remaining pirates whose state is still unknown will start following her, and then she'll have to become a great leader before she can finally go out to sea.

the second tge strawhats rode off without her is the second i stopped caring about yamato or one piece. its obvious Oda wants to portray his little pirate gundam swordsman fantasy and doesnt care about his die hard fans.

If she follows in Oden's footsteps, Oden began his journey from the capital. He had the mountain god adventure there, then was cast out to wander Wano and his retainers started gathering around him. Then he took over Kuri and became a Daimio, all this before he went out to sea.
So Yamato has to have an adventure in the capital, then wander around Wano, perhaps all the remaining pirates whose state is still unknown will start following her, and then she'll have to become a great leader before she can finally go out to sea.
It was only that oden was unable to go in seas and navigate that he had to stay in wano which is not the case for yamato. It is plain bad writing

I've said this on other places in the fandom but Yamato really felt like a useless character from the get-go in a writing perspective. You could remove her from this arc and pretty much nothing would change. Maybe she'll one day join the SHs, who knows... but she'll have to grow out a personality and not just be strong as hell.

Yamato started getting ahead of herself and acting as if she was already part of the crew while the captain hadn't said anything alike. Some fans fell for that.

To be fair, given how much of a Luffy fan she is, her place is closer to Bartolomeo than the SHs.

I've said this on other places in the fandom but Yamato really felt like a useless character from the get-go in a writing perspective. You could remove her from this arc and pretty much nothing would change. Maybe she'll one day join the SHs, who knows... but she'll have to grow out a personality and not just be strong as hell.

Yamato started getting ahead of herself and acting as if she was already part of the crew while the captain hadn't said anything alike. Some fans fell for that.

To be fair, given how much of a Luffy fan she is, her place is closer to Bartolomeo than the SHs.
More flaws of Yamato to be explored and reconciled with while she's at Wano I suppose.

More flaws of Yamato to be explored and reconciled with while she's at Wano I suppose.
I can enjoy some optimism. But Oda really threw her at a "wano guardian" role for the moment. Not my style to see the glass half full.
I mean, some people are coping as if it was a good thing for her to stay at Wano.

Considering Shirahoshi's case, I'm wondering if "Pluton" is actually the battleship itself, or just the name of the one who commands Pluton, and that Sukiyaki was mistaken. All things considered, wouldn't be surprised if Yamato had something to do with Kaido's plans there.