General & Others Will it be devastating to the series if a new crewmate displays more strength than Zoro and Sanji?

I've come to find out that apparently some people are hesitating of wanting characters like Yamato to join the crew because they're worried, if not, scared Zoro and Sanji won't be getting the second and third most important fights, as if characters' worth are only gauged by what fights they're apart of and will be devastating to the entire series. They even smack down Jinbe as underserving of being closer-knit in the crew for that same reason, despite having helped save Luffy at Marineford, as if there's fear that Jinbe and Yamato will be the "superior" two front wings on a dragonfly while Zoro and Sanji end up as the "inferior" two back wings.

It's astounding really. Just can't even believe some people will resort to bringing other characters down, and even disrespect them with mudslinging regardless how much they've helped out, so as to bring other characters up out of favoritism. At that point, it's just looking like Zoro and Sanji are built on top of mountains of disrespect, slander, and just all around nasty mudslinging and that really obscures how characters are viewed for what they're doing on the whole. It makes me wonder how fragile the monster trio dynamic really is if one has to resort to down talk on characters like Jinbe and Yamato so as to keep Zoro and Sanji up high on silvery shiny pedestals in the sky.

What do you guys think?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yamato might just be a rental type character like Oden. If not, she's getting surpassed by Sanji eventually. Oda delayed Jinbei from joining until the M3 were gonna be clear of him for a reason imo.

Is her strength devastating to the series? No, it's cool to have a strong character joining the crew this late into the journey.

Is her character defining trait being an obsessed Oden fangirl devastating to the series? Yea it's pretty annoying to read weekly, I can't imagine it'll get any less annoying with more panel time.

If her strength bothers anyone they're either still teenagers (and that's ok) or haven't worked a day in their lives, there's more pressing matters in life than a fictional character's strength.

Does her character defining trait being an obssessed Oden fangirl bother me? Yea it's pretty annoying to read weekly, I can't imagine it'll get any less annoying with more panel time.
Either that or you are going to take your eyes off if you keep seeing it constantly.

As long as the characters is limited in some shape or form to when they can't use that stength so zoro and sanji can still outshine them overall i don't think oda would be 100% against it
Would it be something he actually does? Probably not

If he does it'll probably be with the "oden" of the crew aka momonosuke 🙏
Someone strong but still extremely young and inexperienced

As long as the characters is limited in some shape or form to when they can't use that stength so zoro and sanji can still outshine them overall i don't think oda would be 100% against it
Would it be something he actually does? Probably not

If he does it'll probably be with the "oden" of the crew aka momonosuke 🙏
Someone strong but still extremely young and inexperienced
It would still be
Luffy=>Zoro>New character>=Sanji but it will eventually become Luffy>=Zoro>Sanji>=New character
Just like in Roger's crew:
Roger≈Rayleigh>Oden>=Gaban

It's fine if Yamato joins. The wolf form is pretty, she can be 2nd strongest after Luffy, Zoro will still be First Mate due to his clear hear decision making and bring discipline to the crew.

Zoro and Sanji will always be the undisputed no.1 and 2 after Luffy. You don't need to worry about someone in the crew being stronger than either of them since that won't ever happen. Yamao being clearly stronger than Sanji doesn't mean that this 1000 chapter pattern is suddenly changing, it just means that Yamao isn't joining. Simple as.

We have already seen the best of Yamato and she is still inferior to what Zoro displayed while mostly being limited to more supporting role sacrificing himself he still outshined her. So no her strength won't cause any issues i would say even Sanji is not very far behind we need to stop overrating Yamato

It could even be possible Yamato is stronger than Zoro and/or Sanji for an arc but by EoS the SH trinity will be the same we had in the last decades. There is also the gold, silver and copper trinity to strengthen the concept.

I love Jinbe and Yamato (in case she joins the crew) and I actually wanna see more of Jinbe because I really like him as a character, the same goes for Yamato. I couldn't care less about how strong they are. Jinbe joined the group with experience, and I want to see him using fishman karate more often. I don't care about their strengths. I want to indulge in who they are as a whole.

This whole back and forth about their strength is tiring.