Questions & Mysteries Will Shiryu Kill Mihawk

Will he?

• Total voters
The thing is, if Mihawk teaches him how to do it and that's all he needs to do, he doesn't come away looking like the better man. Like Shanks has been helpful throughout Luffy's life in a sense but hands off after the Sea King incident. Mihawk returning to face Zoro after a time span shorter than they spent together is like... dance partners more than rivals, lol

Basic people will assume this mindset and wanting it to be Shiryu means hating Mihawk. No, it means enjoying tension. That's what builds a story. Yes, he already vowed to avenge Kuina. But fighting Shiryu wouldn't mean avenging Mihawk. It just means setting his sights on a goal tougher than his original goal. This guy's a dick, sneaky as hell and was already strong enough to be a warden, which a lot of people sleep on. Beating him has to mean more than beating a guy with feelings for him in terms of the workload. Blackbeard has no real cap on how powerful he can become, so Oda can really go nuts with Shiryu being dangerous if he wants.

Zoro and Mihawk can have one of those
No they can’t. The series will end after this fight. Zoro and Mihawk arent going to fight over amd over again during the series run.

i think Mihawk will retire after Zoro beats him and thats the end

if he was we can certainly agree that he's not as important
You dont think Someone stronger than a yonko fighting a main character with ZERO intention of losing is an important plot point?

like you see how much shit is required to fight just kaido and you dont think Zoro fighting Mihawk will be of any importance to the plot?
Post automatically merged:

This guy's a dick, sneaky as hell
@Fn Lucci
So you’re saying Shiryu’s dickishness and sneakiness will justify him beating someone on the caliber of shanks?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
No they can’t. The series will end after this fight. Zoro and Mihawk arent going to fight over amd over again during the series run.

I think I wasn't clear enough : i didn't say they will have numerous duels, I said that we can have a duel between them even if they are closer now. I said that Shanks and Mihawk used to have duels even if we know they "like" each other, so Zoro can duel Mihawk seriously even if he "likes" him.

I think I wasn't clear enough : i didn't say they will have numerous duels, I said that we can have a duel between them even if they are closer now. I said that Shanks and Mihawk used to have duels even if we know they "like" each other, so Zoro can duel Mihawk seriously even if he "likes" him.
Did this really ever matter though?

Zoro never hated Mihawk even im East blue did he? He never hated mihawk before they fought or even AFTER he was cut down.
Hell Mihawk gives Zoro advice and motivation to keep fighting afterwards

Like if wanna say theres an element of them liking each other, Id say it was there from the very start. I mean Mihawk definitely liked Zoro for sure so whats the problem? How is the training part changing anything?

Zoro literally says to mihawk’s face that he wants training in order to beat Mihawk. And mihawk accepts

These two have never hated each other and theres arguments to be made they likee each other all the way since East blue

You dont think Someone stronger than a yonko fighting a main character with ZERO intention of losing is an important plot point?

like you see how much shit is required to fight just kaido and you dont think Zoro fighting Mihawk will be of any importance to the plot?
Post automatically merged:

@Fn Lucci
So you’re saying Shiryu’s dickishness and sneakiness will justify him beating someone on the caliber of shanks?
You start by asserting that there is a definitive answer to Shanks vs Mihawk so I don't take you seriously, but yes. Someone who is willing to win more desperately and inflict more cruelty is a more apt opponent in a world of pirates

This is why the whole Blackbeard Pirates killing Red Haired Pirates is pretty dumb. Nothing is setting up Shanks to lose or die. We barely know his motivations at all. If Oda wanted to pull a Jiraiya with Shanks, he would have explicitly shown what Shanks wanted to do from the get go, shown that he is a 100% good person trying to support Luffy, and also would have nearly made him as enigmatic as he is.

Blackbeard isn't killing Shanks
Shiryu isn't killing Mihawk

Let it go guys, its such a silly "popular" theory and I don't get why its become so popular when its such a bad trope in fiction (mentor dying, fuels revenge for protagonist). Luffy is already motivated to defeat Blackbeard, he wants to defeat Shanks too. Cant wait till post Wano and this shit gets debunked already. Blackbeard already has his moment orchestrating the death of Ace and killing Whitebeard.

Edit: Zoro vs Mihawk to me also makes it plainly obvious that Luffy vs Shanks may in fact be the final battle as well, while Blackbeard is more of the epic finale, Shanks is the more personal one. Im sure both crews will be involved in the end though.

Zoro mihawk fans talking certain again as if they are Oda. No the series will end with this no the series will end with that. Just shut up, you don’t know anything and Oda proved that to you thousands of times but you never learn. First they said Mihawk will fight Zoro in the so called last war against the government but now they removed Mihawk from Shichibukai and there are no Shichibukai left now, what excuses you will make now? How on earth Zoro and Mihawk will fight at god knows where and for what reason? Zoro already begged Mihawk for training and now he will attack Mihawk without any shame? Yes you have no idea how the story works. You guys thought Zoro will fight King and it doesn't look like Zoro will fight King now so you don't know anything, don't talk certain.

Zoro mihawk fans talking certain again as if they are Oda. No the series will end with this no the series will end with that. Just shut up, you don’t know anything and Oda proved that to you thousands of times but you never learn. First they said Mihawk will fight Zoro in the so called last war against the government but now they removed Mihawk from Shichibukai and there are no Shichibukai left now, what excuses you will make now? How on earth Zoro and Mihawk will fight at god knows where and for what reason? Zoro already begged Mihawk for training and now he will attack Mihawk without any shame? Yes you have no idea how the story works. You guys thought Zoro will fight King and it doesn't look like Zoro will fight King now so you don't know anything, don't talk certain.
How's Shillew going to kill someone stronger than Shanks:sadgrin:

but what does that have to do with avenging her?
When he becomes WSS, it will be in part dedicated to her memory and the promise. If Mihawk is defeated before he faces Zoro for the last time, it won't cause a redundancy because his promise wasn't actually based on Mihawk and is already different now that their relationship has changed. That was the point of what I said several quotes ago.

When he becomes WSS, it will be in part dedicated to her memory and the promise. If Mihawk is defeated before he faces Zoro for the last time, it won't cause a redundancy because his promise wasn't actually based on Mihawk and is already different now that their relationship has changed. That was the point of what I said several quotes ago.
:okay: