Questions & Mysteries Will Zoro’s connection to Ryuma be relevant this arc?

Will any happen?

• Total voters
So yeah will ryuma be relevant this arc? If so in what way will it have an effect zoro

First off first both beheaded dragons with many thinking hell do it again in wano

Zoro has already had 2 conversations on forging a black blade. Somethin only ryuma has done in wano

He also had 2 conversation on how he met ryuma, fought him, and was given his sword by him. Tho no one believed him

Zoro also announcing his want to visit ryumas grave

Plus theres his connection to just about every shimotuski in the story. Including one of their pet foxes. He even looks physically similar to some like the previous daimyo and obviously ryuma
2 of his sword currently were forged by or at least strongly connected to shimotuski. Carrying 3 overall with shusui

Last edited:
So Zoro fought his ancestor in Thriller Bark.....lol. If their relation was never brought up then....it will never be brought up.

- Oven looks like Kaido's son
- Yamato looks like Nami's sister
- Caeser looks like Perospero's brother

They just look alike.

Well the connection already have been relevant. Because of Shishui he meet Hiyori, get Enma and even get some info on black blades.

Pehaps the expectation of some people that Zoro would become the new Ryuma or some bullshit like that didnt happen and because of this there's still this desire for more connection between the two.

Alright !
Yes i think he will

no he wont enma is his, will probably get the nidai as he leaves

yes the magazine already said as much

yes i believe he is a shimotsuki
Tbh i just want wano to gift shusui back for a couple reasons tho nobody seems to agree lol
  1. With it he'd have 3 shimotuski related swords
    • 1 related to kuina and his first teacher
    • Another related to oden and his maybe future wifey
    • The last connected to ryuma
  2. Him receiving it back could show that they believe him about ryuma giving him the sword and thinks he really does derserve to carry on his legacy
  3. Makes having 3 black blades a faster process
  4. I think its more meaningful then nidai
Side theory to my theory i just thought of. If he really does get the sword back and doesnt take nidai maybe the tengu guy might want to collect all 3 kitetsu and zoro helps him.
  1. He keeps nidai
  2. Zoro gives him sandai
  3. And zoro finds ichidai(?) to give to him eventually. Maybe from Gandhi

Zoro can not be related to Ryuma.

Shimotsuki Ryuma ----------------------------------------------> Shimotsuki Kouzaburou -> Shimotsuki Koushiro -> Shimotsuki Kuina

Zoro and Kuina are not related. So how can Zoro be related to Ryuma?

I mean, it's possible that it could be a branch family, but then why wouldn't he have the last name? Plus he makes no comments on the name Shimotsuki, and he didn't even know the name of Wado Ichimonji until Kuina made mention of it back on Loguetown.

Something is definitely going on here, and Oda needs to get to explaining soon. We need answers.

Shimotsuki Ryuma ----------------------------------------------> Shimotsuki Kouzaburou -> Shimotsuki Koushiro -> Shimotsuki Kuina

I mean, it's possible that it could be a branch family, but then why wouldn't he have the last name? Plus he makes no comments on the name Shimotsuki, and he didn't even know the name of Wado Ichimonji until Kuina made mention of it back on Loguetown.

Something is definitely going on here, and Oda needs to get to explaining soon. We need answers.
Could be deal with Hinata and Neji where Zoro belongs to higher branch, the branch Ryuma and that Zoro look alike Shimotsuki belongs to and Kuina belongs to lower branch.

But Oda will probably have it in a way where Zoro would know nothing about his past

If ryuma or any of his dece descendants had a daughters and she didnt marry another shimotuski. Zoros father coulda been a roronoa
You don't need the same last name to be related

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Tbh i just want wano to gift shusui back for a couple reasons tho nobody seems to agree lol
  1. With it he'd have 3 shimotuski related swords
    • 1 related to kuina and his first teacher
    • Another related to oden and his maybe future wifey
    • The last connected to ryuma
  2. Him receiving it back could show that they believe him about ryuma giving him the sword and thinks he really does derserve to carry on his legacy
  3. Makes having 3 black blades a faster process
  4. I think its more meaningful then nidai
Side theory to my theory i just thought of. If he really does get the sword back and doesnt take nidai maybe the tengu guy might want to collect all 3 kitetsu and zoro helps him.
  1. He keeps nidai
  2. Zoro gives him sandai
  3. And zoro finds ichidai(?) to give to him eventually. Maybe from Gandhi
Whilst shusui is by far his coolest and best looking sword i think its pretty clear he aint getting it back, i think zoro leaves with 2 o wazamono swords that when he turns into kokutos will all become saijo o wazamonos, for this reason i believe the sandais journey ends this arc as it can never be the highest rank.
fuck 3 kitetsus @nik87

Erm what

This is SHIMOTSUKI ushimaru The daimyo of RINGO where ryuma was from if anything kuina and yasus side are the branch families

I take it his resemblance to zoro isnt a mere coincidence

Whilst shusui is by far his coolest and best looking sword i think its pretty clear he aint getting it back, i think zoro leaves with 2 o wazamono swords that when he turns into kokutos will all become saijo o wazamonos, for this reason i believe the sandais journey ends this arc as it can never be the highest rank.
fuck 3 kitetsus @nik87

Erm what

This is SHIMOTSUKI ushimaru The daimyo of RINGO where ryuma was from if anything kuina and yasus side are the branch families

Zoro is Odas biggest merchandise seller and Shushui sells a lot of merchandise.
Oda is a businessman

Could be deal with Hinata and Neji where Zoro belongs to higher branch, the branch Ryuma and that Zoro look alike Shimotsuki belongs to and Kuina belongs to lower branch.

But Oda will probably have it in a way where Zoro would know nothing about his past
fuck 3 kitetsus @nik87

Erm what

If he was part of the main family, then Wado should have been his to begin with and not Kuina's. I can't really see a scenario where the famed sword of the family goes to a branch family member. Instances like that only occur when the heir to the main family passes away.

@HA001 in case you didn't know, Ushimaru died on Wano roughly 20 years ago. So how exactly is Zoro related to him?