Current Events Will Zoro Forge Enma into a Black Blade During the Wano Arc?

Will Zoro Forge Enma into a Black Blade During the Wano Arc?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž

I think the answer is yes. Surpassing Oden by blackening Enma would be much less meaningful and impactful if it happens after Wano.

There wouldn't be anyone to properly appreciate the magnitude of the accomplishment.

Gyukimaru and Hitetsu are citizens of Wano. Gyukimaru told us that Ryuma forged Shusui into a Black Blade through his history of battle:

Hitetsu told us that depending on Zoro, Enma's rank may get be raised:

If anyone should witness Zoro forging a Black Blade, it is them.

Kaido is the one who declared that there shall never again be a monster samurai of the likes of Kozuki Oden:

If anyone should recognise the birth of such a samurai, it is him.

Perhaps the Scabbards too should witness Zoro performing the deed.

The connection between Zoro and Oden was further highlighted during his battle with King. Zoro speculated that Oden was able to wield Enma as if it were "as light as a feather":

Blackening Enma and/or surpassing Oden after Wano is just bankrupt of meaning.

This Arc (for Zoro) is about killing Kaido & surpassing Oden. Now he's done what Oden has done (scarring Kaido), but hasn't shown anything that would or could be said to be above what Oden has shown.
So yeah I personally believe he'll blacken his blade/s and surpass Oden.

Or he won't do it but instead kill Kaido, which would mean he did what Oden couldn't and surpasses him like that

He definitely should, Wano's the only appropriate time for it imo. And the Mink medicine shit needs to amount to something significant, otherwise I don't know what the point was in having Zoro break all those bones in the first place (unless heavy injury is a requirement for Asura). At any rate, Zoro does his best work after sustaining lots of pain/damage so I'm hopeful he kills Kaido which turns Enma black

D

Deleted member 10278

I'm pressuming he will probably achieve that in a rather distant future as long as Oda wants to portray it as a feat even Roger failed to attain.
Nothing Zoro does in regards to that will be portrayed in light of Roger. It’s not like Roger being a swordsman is significant enough in of itself to be having scenes like that for Zoro. Roger will only really be likened to in Luffy scenes.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
Nothing Zoro does in regards to that will be portrayed in light of Roger. It’s not like Roger being a swordsman is significant enough in of itself to be having scenes like that for Zoro. Roger will only really be likened to in Luffy scenes.
I mean we don't know whether or not Roger tried to forge a black blade and failed, I personally think he likely did. He travelled all around the world, likely stood out as a swordsman, likely acknowledged the black blade and probably tried to forge it. Still this is far from granted.

This is not even about necessarily comparing the two, but it's a fact that if Roger tried and failed Zoro will likely have a hard time attaining the result ultimately, unless Oda will follow a weird but hopefully fancy pattern of organization.

The only place for Enma to turn black is Wano. The sword won't have the same amount of relevance to an Arc outside Wano. I don't think he is keeping Sandai and it makes no sense for Wado (a sword that basically represents his promise to Kuina/him achieving his goal to become WSS) to turn black before he beats Mihawk.

Not being able to maintain enma at full capacity for even couple dozen minutes to BB

seems downright improbable
Post automatically merged:

If he doesn't, he will have to kill Kaido to show he surpassed Oden
which doesn't necessarily mean he's at oden's level if he kills him given Kaido's state
Post automatically merged:

If he doesn't, he will have to kill Kaido to show he surpassed Oden
which doesn't necessarily mean he's at oden's level if he kills him given Kaido's state

Idk I think him turning Enma black that fast would be shitty

He got Enma and managed to turn it black in what? 2 weeks? 3?

Ryuma and Mihawk spent their lives with their blades honing their skills and defeating strong opponents but Zoro gets a new sword and is able to accomplish the same feat in under a month?

When he set out which blade did he have with him? Wado. When he fought Mihawk for the first time which sword did he have with him? Wado. When he almost died learning how to cut steel which sword did he have with him? Wado.

That's why I think Wado should be the first. It's the only sword Zoro has that's been with him throughout all of his battles. Zoro turning Enma (a sword he literally just got) black before Wado would be a disservice to his character