Powers & Abilities Will Zoro surpass Roger in power?

EOS Zoro vs. Roger

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Zoro will surpass Mihawk & Rayleigh only Luffy and BB will surpass Roger
Roger was a swordsman and, Zoro will become the strongest swordsman ever.

Like Mihawk said Pirate king's goal is tougher than what Zoro is achieving so i can assume Roger , Whitebeard are level above Mihawk.
Because becoming the Pirate King requires more than just strength. You also need:
  • A top tier crew
  • Unrivalled military might to challenge both the Four Emperors and the Navy Admirals
  • (Copies of) the four Road Poneglyphs
  • Someone who can read Poneglyphs

In pure swordsman skill probably
Zoro's goal is not to become the most skilled swordsman.

Did oda create this ?

Even whitebeard had meito as well also no tashigi weird.
  1. The picture is only men.
  2. Whitebeard isn't a swordsman.

So you think WSS Zoro won't be above Roger and by default Ryuma?
No Ryuma sure. Roger no way.
Post automatically merged:

Because becoming the Pirate King requires more than just strength. You also need:
  • A top tier crew
  • Unrivalled military might to challenge both the Four Emperors and the Navy Admirals

Roger had a sword we don’t know his full fighting style.

He isnt, not even in piracy achievements and certainly not in combat performance.
I'll play your game, let's say he is. Same question, what the unsurpassable thing about Roger that Zoro cant overcome? :myman:
I don’t see how he isn’t Luffys goal? Roger is the only PK we know of and Luffy wants to be PK. Zoro’s goal is to because the WSS he only needs to surpass Mihawk to do that Roger is beyond that. Mihawk himself said becoming PK is a more lofty goal than surpassing himself. Then Luffy stated he needed to be able to beat the admirals and Yonko to be PK. Your going against the story.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I don’t see how he isn’t Luffys goal? Roger is the only PK we know of and Luffy wants to be PK. Zoro’s goal is to because the WSS he only needs to surpass Mihawk to do that Roger is beyond that. Mihawk himself said becoming PK is a more lofty goal than surpassing himself. Then Luffy stated he needed to be able to beat the admirals and Yonko to be PK. Your going against the story.
Boy oh boy, I need to start charging money for the services of explaining manga to people... :kriwhat:
First of, as far as I know Roger never wanted to become Pirate King, he ended up being called like that while Luffy wants to be the Pirate King. Roger just found the treasure while Luffy will claim the treasure. Roger was avoiding the Emperors, Luffy isnt. PK isnt even Luffy's ultimate dream, it's a side achievement. There is plenty different about Roger and Luffy if you even focus on pirating achievements.

When it comes to combat strength, Luffy can't be compared with a swordsman, he can compare to his grandpa Garp who has the same combat style. Roger is a swordsman and Oda wont make any swordsman stronger than Zoro, he wont make anyone stronger than Zoro...
Surpassing Mihawk is surpassing Roger as well. Roger has nothing over Mihawk while Mihawk has things over Roger...

Becoming PK is harder than becoming WSS indeed and that has nothing to do with individual strength. Just the fact that reading poneglyphs is a barrier that nobody can overcome, except Luffy(thanks to Robin), is what makes PK harder than WSS. Zoro will beat Admirals too and kill a Yonko and beat a guy stronger than the Yonko Shanks... I am very much on point with the story. :catpole:

I guess Mihawk perennial sense of dissatisfaction is caused by the fact that he couldn't manage to fight against Roger, a swordsman that he held in the highest regard, highest than everyone one else

Yes he blackened Yoru but he can't truly know whether he surpassed Roger or not
He never did, Roger would lol-diff him.
End of the story.
:cheers:

Delusion at its finest

• A top tier crew

Only thing is Zoro is not aiming to be like Roger.

Roger was highly skilled in Conquerors as well other than swordsmanship . Thats why in terms of swordsman ranking he is definitely not above ryuma or mihawk i think since roger never attained blackblade .

However i am basing this on whitebeard's powerlevel Roger was definitely on another league. I dont think luffy or zoro will match even by manga ending .

Its hard to estimate eos because it will be debatable was Ryuma stronger than roger ? If it is true then i see Zoro will be shown stronger than Roger otherwise i dont think oda will establish it . Its hard to estimate how powerful prime ryuma was back in his day unless oda details about him then its all guns to debate.

Last edited: