Powers & Abilities Will Zoro surpass Roger in power?

EOS Zoro vs. Roger

• Total voters
My thoughts:
Normally I'd say it's a toss up, as all of those top tier swordsmen rely on the same abilities to even be this strong in the first place. BUT...
there's likely something that made Roger more powerful than Rayleigh, the same guy who most likely is near that swordsman max aswell.
Same way Roger could handle Primebeard, whose portrayal shits on anyone and his abilities prolly aswell.

So imo we've roughly got three options:
1. The baseline:
It's a give or take scenario, where all have virtually the same abilities at max, but stuff like a black blade or a move like Ashura really makes the difference, ergo EoS Zoro + Mihawk > Rayleigh/Oden for sure and normally Roger aswell

2. There will be gradations in CoC power, as Roger and WB seemed to have unmatched ambition, means PK CoC could be > Yonk/Admiral CoC in a sense, whereas everyone besides guys like EoS Luffy, Primebeard and Roger fall under the second category, thus Roger > Rayleigh for example has an easy explanation.

3. There's more to CoC than still meets the eye. Perhaps a decent defense tech, which goes tough on certain DF abilities, thus Luffy's CoC spec and it's the reason to how Roger could handle Primebeard.

I think option1 as the baseline is definitely true and therefore EoS Zoro and Mihawk > Oden/Rayleigh, but Roger likely just had stronger CoC power (option 2) and imo there's still a CoC based defense tech coming (option 3) that counters those op AoE heavy s-class DF effects and environmental awakenings (Quakes, BM's homies, flowing mochi, ever white, parasite, admirals' awakening..), which would go hard on them, but not on guys like Roger, EoS Luffy (& Shanks), thus making him overall more powerful, especially cause he's also able to use the non touching CoC coat, thus rendering the extra durability from a black blade for example useless, as that supreme quality blade does not even make contact.

But that's obv a lot of headcanon and certainly only my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Zoro clearly "awakened" as a Conqueror in that scene.
Thats why i am confused why is Roger called pirate king despite not making blade black.

There are plothole to haki . Even i cant deny Zoro will not surpass ryuma/Mihawk eos which he will .

I think oda royally fucked it when he introduced Roger as swordsman .

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Roger - Hakimanship - Zoro
Roger -Swordsmanship - Zoro
Roger -Physical Strength - Zoro
Roger - Black Blade - Zoro
Roger -God Mode - Zoro

There is no dilemma whatsoever about who the stronger between Zoro and Roger is.
He also beats him in both physical strength and swordsmanship. Will beat him in hakimanship as well.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Thats why i am confused why is Roger called pirate king despite not making blade black.

There are plothole to haki . Even i cant deny Zoro will not surpass ryuma/Mihawk eos which he will .

I think oda royally fucked it when he introduced Roger as swordsman .
There's a reason that Whitebeard was the World's Strongest Man even while Roger was alive.

Roger simply wasn't the strongest.

There's a reason that Whitebeard was the World's Strongest Man even while Roger was alive.

Roger simply wasn't the strongest.
Worst, Roger was not even at his prime when he gained the title.

The idea that Pirate King = strongest being alive was debunk by Roger flashback.

Luffy will probably be the strongest guy in the story ever but not because he will be the PK but because he will be the Sun God.

Zoro is aiming to be the greatest swordsman of all time, not just the greatest swordsman now.

He'll be stronger than Roger. And Luffy will be as strong or stronger than Joy Boy. Joy Boy > Roger

Yet the only rival to his throne was the the strongest man in the world. :king:

We know by Mihawks own admission that the Pirate King>WSS.

:milaugh:
I'm not disagreeing with your conclusion but I don't think you can definitively say that Mihawk was talking about strength

Because becoming the Pirate King requires finding the One Piece which has even been treated as a myth within the One Piece universe, whereas becoming the WSS is significantly more straightforward

Honestly, I always said Zoro will be below Roger EoS. That he'll be above all Yonkos but below Prime WB and Roger.

But after even Oda himself dubs Roger as SM, on top of it being shonen and Zoro's promise with Kuina being of "becoming strongest swordsman ever."

Yeah... It's kind of hard to argue against Zoro surpassing Roger