Controversial Wista

Because that guy Is not stronger than Shanks and because he's inferior to Jozu and Marco
- Mihawk is introduced as strongest
- Mihawk is shown to have a rival like relationship with Shanks, where he even looks down on him since he's become handicap
- Shanks is hyped by Whitebeard, by the mention his duels with Mihawk

Up to Marineford, what proves Mihawk and Shanks aren't the same level?
Post automatically merged:

Because there is zero indication Mihawk tried at all, and he is arguably top tier who holds back the most depending on situation.
By that logic, Vista held back since he had a giant ass smile on his face and wasnt trying to exert himself fully, since he needed to help his friends.

If we're making up "held back" stuff, it goes both ways.

By that logic, Vista held back since he had a giant ass smile on his face and wasnt trying to exert himself fully, since he needed to help his friends.
Yeah, I don't think Vists went all out either.

If we're making up "held back" stuff, it goes both ways.
There is no making anything up.

1) Mihawk has established that he only uses as much energy as necessary in a situation and won't try too hard.

2) We have seen him fight someone he could have easily beaten (Zoro)

3) He wasn't looking at Vista during on panel part of the fight, he was focused on Luffy and thinking about how he affects those around him.

4) He hasn't shown any visible excitement about Vista, while he has for Zoro on two occasions where he saw him having potential to beat Mihawk.

Very clearly, there was not much effort there on Mihawk's part. And I don't see why we would assume characters are always going all out, when that has been rarely the case, especially for Mihawk type.

Yeah, I don't think Vists went all out either.

There is no making anything up.

1) Mihawk has established that he only uses as much energy as necessary in a situation and won't try too hard.

2) We have seen him fight someone he could have easily beaten (Zoro)

3) He wasn't looking at Vista during on panel part of the fight, he was focused on Luffy and thinking about how he affects those around him.

4) He hasn't shown any visible excitement about Vista, while he has for Zoro on two occasions where he saw him having potential to beat Mihawk.

Very clearly, there was not much effort there on Mihawk's part. And I don't see why we would assume characters are always going all out, when that has been rarely the case, especially for Mihawk type.
1. Pretty much all characters
2. Yes and he easily beat him
3. He was looking at Vista during their clash and then when they speak for postponing their fight. Him having Luffy on his mind means what exactly?? When Vista is literally having his brothers and crewmates be slaughtered on the side. Do you think Vista is actually tryna fight him and doesn't have anything else on his mind?
4. He literally showed Vista the most respect he's shown any singular character. He's shown excitement for Zoro's potential which is higher than his own. Fail to see why you brought that up. Nobody is doing vista vs Zoro.

No character went all out at MF outside of Luffy and Newgate at the end. So I fail to see why you would bring up Mihawk didn't go all out in an attempt to lessen Vista's feat, while also later acknowledging Vista also didn't go all out. Essentially providing a counter to your own statement.

I agree, it's not easy being a hype tool for Mihawk. It really increased his popularity. The swordsmans who failed to hit Mihawk while Mihawk was distracted and not focusing on him.

No other top tier have showed the capability of easily fighting a YC while distracted and still not get hit. Not Roger, Shanks, WB, or Kaido. Imagine how strong they would be if they could.

:steef:
:milaugh:
How was Mihawk distracted?

Just before vista taught mihawk how to "stay", mihawk one shot daz bones and two okamas that were seeking revenge.

Why didnt he one shot vista, a mere commander?
Because he respected Vista's strength?
Others were insects, but Vista and Crocodile are worthy of Mihawk knowing their name
Post automatically merged:

1. Pretty much all characters
2. Yes and he easily beat him
3. He was looking at Vista during their clash and then when they speak for postponing their fight. Him having Luffy on his mind means what exactly?? When Vista is literally having his brothers and crewmates be slaughtered on the side. Do you think Vista is actually tryna fight him and doesn't have anything else on his mind?
4. He literally showed Vista the most respect he's shown any singular character. He's shown excitement for Zoro's potential which is higher than his own. Fail to see why you brought that up. Nobody is doing vista vs Zoro.

No character went all out at MF outside of Luffy and Newgate at the end. So I fail to see why you would bring up Mihawk didn't go all out in an attempt to lessen Vista's feat, while also later acknowledging Vista also didn't go all out. Essentially providing a counter to your own statement.
1) Sure, but there is a clear difference between Akainu/Big Mom and Kuzan/Mihawk. The latter will use far less energy for weaker characters thsn the former.

2) After an entire chapter of fighting. And considering Mihawk's level, he could have easily instantly negged people massively stronger than Zoro.

3) He blocked initial slash and then looked at Luffy.
There is 0 indication Vista wasn't focused on the fight, meanwhile, we have clear proof Mihawk's mind wasn't on opponent right in front of him.

4) Yes, but respect doesn't equate to excitement. Vista's skills are very impressive, as he was genuinely one of the strongest swordsmen in the world at the time. But they weren't at level where he was of any challenge to Mihawk.

I am using Zoro as comparison of how Mihawk reacts when he sees someone can potentially threaten him. He drops his black pilled attitude and shows clear emotions.

Because if neither went all out, it is hard to scale them. If one use 60 and other 70%, sure, we can compare. But what if one used 50 and other 5%?
Since we don't know, we have to look at surrounding evidence which shows Mihawk is Yonko level while Vista is portrayed behind Marco and prime Jozu.

Last edited: