Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Certified Memelord
It helped, but TAC was helping himself, not town. This is what some of you guys don’t seem to get about indies, and I don’t understand why lol
TAC yea
even flower to certain extent was helping herself more or less, with some help to town + helping ratchet
ratchet was helping town tho 100%

I hate that it has come to this because it goes against everything I've leaned into regarding claiming Indie up to this point, but I think this game has proven that it really doesn't matter what I do - if I have Indie attached to my claim people will not handle my slot in the best of faiths. If I needed the game to end Day 7, for example, and Town were required to no lynch Day 6, no matter how well I'd played or how useful to Town by that point, Town players here would not "no lynch" to help me out. They'd end the game instead.
Fundamentally there’s a trade off to be made. The earlier you claim it, the better faith you’re acting in so the better treatment you expect in return.

On my home planet, it’s usually better to conceal it until the last moment and hopefully by that point, town need your vote / are grateful to take you out of poe

i did yeah
at the time rion never flipped. i can only see that u r steering away from ultra who was outed in my eyes. u see how it is from different PoV's lol
Yes but now you have the full facts, it shouldn’t be a difficult conclusion that what I was doing was also correct, rather than being discarded on the ‘well your role was decent’ scrap pile, when in reality I’d wager both scum chats were very keen on getting rid of me as soon as possible

Emil

Certified Memelord
Yes but now you have the full facts, it shouldn’t be a difficult conclusion that what I was doing was also correct, rather than being discarded on the ‘well your role was decent’ scrap pile, when in reality I’d wager both scum chats were very keen on getting rid of me as soon as possible
in a heindsight, probably
before then, not rly
to me it seemed, since u survived a kill, potentially someone from opposing faction to rion. more or less. we did have few interactions in thread and it went nowhere. i was indifferent about ur slot. i think i gave u a town side of null read? idr rly

i didnt know ultra was an indie until after the fact in day 2, and when rion flipped blue i was a goner goner that night so we never had time to interact and town core after that

in a heindsight, probably
before then, not rly
to me it seemed, since u survived a kill, potentially someone from opposing faction to rion. more or less. we did have few interactions in thread and it went nowhere. i was indifferent about ur slot. i think i gave u a town side of null read? idr rly

i didnt know ultra was an indie until after the fact in day 2, and when rion flipped blue i was a goner goner that night so we never had time to interact and town core after that
Yeah you can think that at the time, that’s fine, but when you look back with full information, it’s not really fair to say town were doing nothing lol

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Fundamentally there’s a trade off to be made. The earlier you claim it, the better faith you’re acting in so the better treatment you expect in return.
I don't think the timing of my claim was an issue here, though. I guess my overall point is that the trade off doesn't seem to be mutual - rather than it be "we'll get you your wincon if you help us", it's "help us and if you happen to get your wincon before then, fine, but otherwise forget it". I don't think that's conducive to getting indies to co-operate, rather it's going to have them act as extra scum I think. In this specific case I was going to have to work towards the town wincon anyway, but if I had just said I was Town, I'd have been town locked after D2 and probably not questioned once. I certainly wouldn't have been rolecrushed.

I don't think the timing of my claim was an issue here, though. I guess my overall point is that the trade off doesn't seem to be mutual - rather than it be "we'll get you your wincon if you help us", it's "help us and if you happen to get your wincon before then, fine, but otherwise forget it". I don't think that's conducive to getting indies to co-operate, rather it's going to have them act as extra scum I think. In this specific case I was going to have to work towards the town wincon anyway, but if I had just said I was Town, I'd have been town locked after D2 and probably not questioned once. I certainly wouldn't have been rolecrushed.
Tbh though, that’s probably the right mindset from town, even if it is antagonistic in a sense. It’s a lopsided relationship because the Indy holds the cards in terms of what they can do (or what they can convince town they can do) whereas town are entirely predictable in that regard

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Tbh though, that’s probably the right mindset from town, even if it is antagonistic in a sense. It’s a lopsided relationship because the Indy holds the cards in terms of what they can do (or what they can convince town they can do) whereas town are entirely predictable in that regard
Fundamentally I disagree, obviously, but I don't think I'm prepared to keep drawing from the well to try it out at this point, either. Not on WG, at least.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I don't know from where you people came up with one has to claim early if indie. That's absurd. Never understood this logic.

Second, we bussed reds because that's what I felt is best for out team. There is no concrete rules set in mafia. One has to adapt.

By the end of D2, one was lynched, two were exposed and one was getting sussed.

It was clear that I had only two options left because town won't let them go anyway.

1) either I get active and blend with town -

Was not possible because I was busy with work and my role didn't give me enough leeway to use my abilities as town to gain some cred.

Nor I had option to bus my teammate because since I was inactive my sudden bussing of my teammate would backfire more

2) To actually shift targets of town on Reds while my team gets some breathing space. This will not only breed confusion but will also buy us sometime - basically to delay lynch or kill on jinri as much as possible

So, second it was.

You could argue that we should let reds survive to reduce town numbers but they had enough opportunity to do so because they were still in full strength till D3.

Only issue was that converting flowa was a mistake. I should have converted someone else. But at that time we weren't sure regarding broki and gram being town.

And, ratchet gave hint of having role with anti town elements so we knew he isn't convertible.

Last edited:
i bus drove myself with ultra, adam targeted me and his stuff failed on ultra.
ratchet cased ultra on thread
we force ultra to claim why abilities fail on him
ultra claims jaine
we used yo tan ability which targets jaine and it made adam join us

at that point it was 100% from our PoV ultra is scum. see this lynch was adam ratchet yo tan ekko carried. from my PoV i didnt rly see another townie outside of the ones in my mason doing much work pushing ultra. in fact town was discrediting adam and to certain extent defending ultra until hes fully outed
What do u mean, i literally had my vote on ultra and questioned him but u were busy ignoring my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.