Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Afro samurai

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • AOT

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Future diaries

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Title. If possible I will make a poll with entries from the thread and let's see who takes the cup. Also it is about the quality of the story, characters, details not the art (otherwise we could even put something like HxH here, an heresy).

Mine are:

Fairy tail: Let's group all the various incarnations of it (FT, FT in space, FT 100y etc.) together. Well it can be summarized as fanservice, friendshit power and copy whatever you can from other mangakas (even yourself).

SAO: First epsiodes quite good but before you realize it you are rollying your eyes non stop at the MC and all you expect from the series is him take a kick to the nuts, sadly it gets worse by the episode.

H

Haoshoku

From what I have read and watched, Fairy Tail is easily the worst. Its just terrible af man and that final arc was trash. Nonsense power ups, friendship Bs and characters like Makarov coming back from death 5 times with no explanation lmao.
Fairy Tail definitely... probably AoT if the anime continued since the current manga storyline is terrible

Idk how you got terrible and AoT in the same sentence. AoT is easily an all time great.
Post automatically merged:

Didn't Fairy Tail have a guy who looked exactly like Shanks? Like he even had scars, too?
It also had a character that looked deadass like Shikamaru from Naruto and also had shadow abilities just like Shikamaru

These other ones might look a bit picky but I cannot deny that some look eerily similar

This on top of how trash FT’s writing has been cements it as an all time trash series in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It is a difficult choice.

Fairy tail story is basic, no real stakes, no real original stuffs etc but I somewhat like the first 3 arcs : phantom lord, tower of paradis, and Laxus tournament.

You can watch them without thinking etc it was watchable.

But the story went downhill even if it wasn't awesome in the beginning.

Yes fairy tail is basic story, with too much nakamas power, too much bullshit, asspull powers and non sense plot. But I had some good/average memories.

For SAO it is more complicated.

SAO idea is really good, the fact that people are trapped inside a video game and had to grew and live their lives there is great. SOme want to stay there, some fight to left, some built families, some kills others players and that really kill them, the differences between the real world and the video games, guilds, even the steps and levels were good ideas.

The idea was awesome and could have led to great great great plot and story, and a pretty mature one.

Instead we have a story who lost itself pretty quickly to be more childish, the heroes don't have real charisma, some concepts were too lights and not deep enough etc. It was a real disappointmment regarding the potential of the show.

And I just talk about the first part of the show. The other parts are so lame that I will not talk about them.

So all in all Fairy tail was a better anime globally even if it is really not awesome and they took a lot less risks in their story. SOA could have been awesome but it was not but I like that they had an original idea even if this didn't lead anywhere.

Tie.

Last edited:
Are we just comparing the 2, or are we talking about the worst manga in history? If it's the latter, Fairy Tail is far from being the worst of all time lol.
Arcs until Tenrou Island / Grimoire Heart arc was alright. It went downhill only after that.

Tenrou Island arc >> Whole Clown Island arc. Wano act 2 is also shit except on few chapters (King lol diffs Big Meme came to mind)

P.s.
Gildart is different from Shanks mainly in 2 areas.
1. Gildarts lost his limb to a legendary monster that happens to be the EoS villain that last arc Natsu can't solo.
Shanks lost his limb to fodder fish that Beginning of Story Luffy 1 shotted.
2. Gildart isn't a snitch who secretly works for Magic Council.

SAO is worst of two.

I haven't watched all the eps of Fairy tail, bt upto 120 eps it was good. While SAO, it ruined such a good concept. 1st part was pretty avg and it is unwatchable after that point.
Post automatically merged:

probably AoT if the anime continued since the current manga storyline is terrible
:luchosop:
AoT you mean Attack on Titan? :josad:

Last edited:
The Afro Samurai manga is easily the worst thing my eyes have ever beheld. There is not a single redeeming feature from this steaming pile of shite.

Spoilers coming up I guess but you should know what you are getting yourself into with this one so you can avoid it completely or look forward to the biggest train wreck in manga.

The protagonist (creatively called Afro because he has an afro) is utterly detestable. The more you learn about him, the more you will loathe him. He is supposedly the second strongest man in the world but he will use, I kid you not, children and disabled teenagers as meat shields against fodder.

It would be the equivalent of Shanks using child Luffy as a meat shield against Higuma.

The protagonist’s motivation is revenge, revenge against the man that killed his father when he was just a young boy.

Okay, understandable. Plenty of revenge stories have worked in the past you know. :kayneshrug:
His first step on his path for revenge is murdering his adopted father who lovingly raised him since the day Afro was orphaned in order to take his headband (there is supposedly significance to this piece of cloth but still)......

Why is this bloke a protagonist again? :memehm:

Oh yeah and later he kills his adopted brother who wanted revenge for their shared adopted father’s death.

*Sigh*
:lawsigh:

Cause this world is edgy as fuck and nearly everyone is despicable there are only three whole kinds of character motivation.

Money.
Power.
Revenge.

Or a combination of any of the above. Take your pick, it does not matter cause they are all hollow.

I do not usually critique art (heck, I enjoyed the One Punch Man webcomic) but the art here is so dark and blurry that the first time I looked at it, I thought something was wrong with my eyes.

Absolutely atrocious. I have utterly no feckin idea how this dire, depressing, despicable world works.

You start in a setting that looks like Feudal Japan in terms of technology and by the middle to end, you have cyborgs, lasers and all kinds of crazy shite.

Why the crazy technological disparity? Nobody knows. :yasu:

There are these headband plot mcguffins that everyone fights over. The current #1 Headband owner acquired it by killing the previous owner, Afro’s father.

These headbands supposedly grant power, power that is never seen or shown in the entirety of the series..... Right.

The rules are that the #1 Headband makes you a God....... Somehow. Meanwhile only the holder of the #2 Headband can challenge the holder of the #1Headband while anyone and everyone else can challenge the #2 Headband holder.

Who made these rules? Why do they exist?
Nobody knows. :yasu:

What do people actually gain or do once they get these headbands? Is the supposed power real or simply perceived?

Why do these Headbands have spirits attached to them?
Nobody knows? :yasu:

Why does everyone keep telling Afro he will cause chaos if he kills the #1 despite no chaos happening when Afro’s father died or despite the fact the #1 is already dead?

Why does Afro not die after years held in a enclosed throne room with no food and water?

Why was the previous #1 found dead? Why do humans in this world require a God to prevent them from becoming despicable beings? Why is everyone despicable regardless of if someone actually has that dumb headband or not?

Why does nobody know? :yasu:
Cause the author is crap.:lusalty:

Besides the child killing protagonist there a myriad of other hollow characters wanting to kill our loathed main character.

Gorukobe, a mercenary who uses nude, bound women as furniture and who wants to kill Afro because money. By the time he faces off against Afro, it is the rapist mercenary versus the callous child killer and you aren’t sure who you want dead more. :catsure:

The Empty Seven, an aptly named group of seven brothers (motivated by power) who are supposedly big names so important that they don’t have names, just numbers. Probably because half of these ancient baldies are completely interchangeable to the point not even the author cared. :catsure:

Jinno, whose most notable feature is that he wears a teddy bear helmet.... ok. Anyway, this is Afro’s adopted brother that wants revenge (oh joy, another one) for Afro killing their adopted father. Spoiler, he unfortunately fails. :catsure:

Justice, the main antagonist, the big bad that killed Afro’s father while he was still a young boy. He allowed Afro to live (wait, the main antagonist doesn’t kill children but the protagonist does, the fuck?) with the promise of expecting him to take his #2 Headband to challenge him in the future.

Why is he called Justice? Nobody knows. :yasu:

Why did he want the #1 Headband and supposedly become God?

Why did he want Afro to challenge him?
Nobody knows :yasu:

What are his goals and opinions?

What did he do to the world while he was supposedly God?
NoBodY kNoWs :yasu:

Cause by the time Afro finds him in his throne room, he is already feckin dead. :lawsigh:

Pure asinine shite.

Afro’s father vs Justice.
The biggest event in the story, is offscreened and somehow, Justice can decapitate a dude with a six barreled revolver? What? :kaidowhat:

Afro vs Gorukobe and his goons.
Is resolved by using children and disabled teenagers as meat shields. :believe:

Afro vs Empty Seven and goons.
Afro gets injured by an arrow to the arm before he even meets anyone important. Then he meets Brother 7 who dies. Then two other Brothers jump out of Brother 7’s backpack (the fuck?).... So two dudes were just chilling out being a liability to the main fighter of the group and only do shit once he dies? :kaidowhat:

He also defeats one dude by kicking his balls...... :lawsigh:

Anyway, Afro kills everyone, meets Jinno who, despite utterly despising Afro, doesn’t kill him because edgy reasons (“You haven’t suffered enough”) and lets him live by... Tossing him off a waterfall.... Dude, do you want him to live or not? :kaidowhat:

Afro vs Jinno.
If you think you have seen plot armor before then sit down son and let me tell you why your shonen MC’s chain mail plot armor is nothing in the face of Afro’s full plate plot armor. :smithnie:

Jinno utterly dominates Afro, lands countless blows, never gets hit by Afro, disarms Afro of his sword and goes for the killing blow..... Only for a metal comb in Afro’s afro to deflect a feckin sword, fall out of Afro’s hair, fall into his hand and allow him to one shot Jinno by stabbing him in the throat............
:kaidowhat::kaidowhat::kaidowhat:

Afro vs Justice.
Doesn’t happen cause the main antagonist and catalyst of the entire story and all it’s events is already dead. :catsure:

That means Afro was technically the strongest man in the world when he used children as meat shields. :goatasure:

Afro vs Random Kid.
After Afro becomes the #1, a child that Afro orphaned by killing his father in front of his eyes (yes, Afro did the same to someone else what Justice did to him) comes after Afro for revenge (what a surprise :noo:).

Afro says he has no will to live, kid goes to kill him, Afro kills him cause according to his Headband’s spirit, his “blood won’t let him die”..... :kaidowhat:

Afro kills everyone in his way, including family in order to avenge his biological father only to find the dude he had a vendetta against was dead all along, that everything was a waste of time and now he is apparently God. The end. :catsure:

I dare you all to find something worse than this. :smithnie:

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The Afro Samurai manga is easily the worst thing my eyes have ever beheld. There is not a single redeeming feature from this steaming pile of shite.

Spoilers coming up I guess but you should know what you are getting yourself into with this one so you can avoid it completely or look forward to the biggest train wreck in manga.

The protagonist (creatively called Afro because he has an afro) is utterly detestable. The more you learn about him, the more you will loathe him. He is supposedly the second strongest man in the world but he will use, I kid you not, children and disabled teenagers as meat shields against fodder.

It would be the equivalent of Shanks using child Luffy as a meat shield against Higuma.

The protagonist’s motivation is revenge, revenge against the man that killed his father when he was just a young boy.

Okay, understandable. Plenty of revenge stories have worked in the past you know. :kayneshrug:
His first step on his path for revenge is murdering his adopted father who lovingly raised him since the day Afro was orphaned in order to take his headband (there is supposedly significance to this piece of cloth but still)......

Why is this bloke a protagonist again? :memehm:

Oh yeah and later he kills his adopted brother who wanted revenge for their shared adopted father’s death.

*Sigh*
:lawsigh:

Cause this world is edgy as fuck and nearly everyone is despicable there are only three whole kinds of character motivation.

Money.
Power.
Revenge.

Or a combination of any of the above. Take your pick, it does not matter cause they are all hollow.

I do not usually critique art (heck, I enjoyed the One Punch Man webcomic) but the art here is so dark and blurry that the first time I looked at it, I thought something was wrong with my eyes.

Absolutely atrocious. I have utterly no feckin idea how this dire, depressing, despicable world works.

You start in a setting that looks like Feudal Japan in terms of technology and by the middle to end, you have cyborgs, lasers and all kinds of crazy shite.

Why the crazy technological disparity? Nobody knows. :yasu:

There are these headband plot mcguffins that everyone fights over. The current #1 Headband owner acquired it by killing the previous owner, Afro’s father.

These headbands supposedly grant power, power that is never seen or shown in the entirety of the series..... Right.

The rules are that the #1 Headband makes you a God....... Somehow. Meanwhile only the holder of the #2 Headband can challenge the holder of the #1Headband while anyone and everyone else can challenge the #2 Headband holder.

Who made these rules? Why do they exist?

What do people actually gain or do once they get these headbands? Is the supposed power real or simply perceived?

Why do these Headbands have spirits attached to them?

Why does everyone keep telling Afro he will cause chaos if he kills the #1 despite no chaos happening when Afro’s father died or despite the fact the #1 is already dead?

Why does Afro not die after years held in a enclosed throne room with no food and water?

Why was the previous #1 found dead? Why do humans in this world require a God to prevent them from becoming despicable beings? Why is everyone despicable regardless of if someone actually has that dumb headband or not?

Cause the author is crap.:lusalty:

Besides the child killing protagonist there a myriad of other hollow characters wanting to kill our loathed main character.

Gorukobe, a mercenary who uses nude, bound women as furniture and who wants to kill Afro because money. By the time he faces off against Afro, it is the rapist mercenary versus the callous child killer and you aren’t sure who you want dead more. :catsure:

The Empty Seven, an aptly named group of seven brothers (motivated by power) who are supposedly big names so important that they don’t have names, just numbers. Probably because half of these ancient baldies are completely interchangeable to the point not even the author cared. :catsure:

Jinno, whose most notable feature is that he wears a teddy bear helmet.... ok. Anyway, this is Afro’s adopted brother that wants revenge (oh joy, another one) for Afro killing their adopted father. Spoiler, he unfortunately fails. :catsure:

Justice, the main antagonist, the big bad that killed Afro’s father while he was still a young boy. He allowed Afro to live (wait, the main antagonist doesn’t kill children but the protagonist does, the fuck?) with the promise of expecting him to take his #2 Headband to challenge him in the future.

Why is he called Justice? Nobody knows. :yasu:

Why did he want the #1 Headband and supposedly become God?

Why did he want Afro to challenge him?

What are his goals and opinions?

What did he do to the world while he was supposedly God?
NoBodY kNoWs :yasu:

Cause by the time Afro finds him in his throne room, he is already feckin dead. :lawsigh:

Pure asinine shite.

Afro’s father vs Justice.
The biggest event in the story, is offscreened and somehow, Justice can decapitate a dude with a six barreled revolver? What? :kaidowhat:

Afro vs Gorukobe and his goons.
Isresolved by using children and disabled teenagers as meat shields. :believe:

Afro vs Empty Seven and goons.
Afro gets injured by an arrow to the arm before he even meets anyone important. Then he meets Brother 7 who dies. Then two other Brothers jump out of Brother 7’s backpack (the fuck?).... So two dudes were just chilling out being a liability to the main fighter of the group and only do shit once he dies? :kaidowhat:

He also defeats one dude by kicking his balls...... :lawsigh:

Anyway, Afro kills everyone, meets Jinno who, despite utterly despising Afro, doesn’t kill him because edgy reasons (“You haven’t suffered enough”) and lets him live by... Tossing him off a waterfall.... Dude, do you want him to live or not? :kaidowhat:

Afro vs Jinno.
If you think you have seen plot armor before then sit down son and let me tell you why your shonen MC’s chain mail plot armor is nothing in the face of Afro’s full plate plot armor. :smithnie:

Jinno utterly dominates Afro, lands countless blows, never gets hit by Afro, disarms Afro of his sword and goes for the killing blow..... Only for a metal comb in Afro’s afro to deflect a feckin sword, fall out of Afro’s hair, fall into his hand and allow him to one shot Jinno by stabbing him in the throat............
:kaidowhat::kaidowhat::kaidowhat:

Afro vs Justice.
Doesn’t happen cause the main antagonist and catalyst of the entire story and all it’s events is already dead. :catsure:

That means Afro was technically the strongest man in the world when he used children as meat shields. :goatasure:

Afro vs Random Kid.
After Afro becomes the #1 a child that Afro orphaned by killing his father in front of his eyes (yes, Afro did the same to someone else what Justice did to him) comes after Afro for revenge (what a surprise :noo:).

Afro says he has no will to live, kid goes to kill him, Afro kills him cause according to his Headband’s spirit, his “blood won’t let him die”..... :kaidowhat:

Afro kills everyone in his way, including family in order to avenge his biological father only to find the dude he had a vendetta against was dead all along, that everything was a waste of time and now he is apparently God. The end. :catsure:

I dare you all to find something worse than this. :smithnie:
Haha I've never watched or read Afro samurai but I had fun reading your comments. I don't know if you make me want to look at that thing to confirm your thoughts or run away from it

Haha I've never watched or read Afro samurai but I had fun reading your comments. I don't know if you make me want to look at that thing to confirm your thoughts or run away from it
It is only (mercifully) about 10 chapters long (other sites include interviews with the author as their own chapters hence why some sites say 13 chapters).

I originally looked up the manga after seeing some AMVs of the anime and seeing it looked quite good in terms of animation and fight choreography.

From my limited knowledge on the anime, Afro’s father vs Justice isn’t offscreened, there is a reason why Afro’s father was decapitated, Afro vs Jinno doesn’t end with a comb shot and Afro vs Justice does happen.

Only reason I kept reading the manga after Chapter 3 (child meat shield chapter) was to see how bad it could get.

It got so bad. So, so bad. :catcry:

Added Afro samurai, never watched it or heard anything good or bad (I know just that it exists). I won't add AOT (yet) because imo it is a very good one even if it had its downs and ups, seem that even other guys think the same, but if a good number comes in saying it is bad on the level of the others I will add it too (even if it is a bit strange for me to put something like AOT with FT and SAO).

Anyway imo the worst should be SAO, I mean I discovered FT when it was already kicking but it was blatant clear that more than a shounen it was some kind of parody of itself (just looking at the Gildarts-Shanks copy and all the other being characters or plot from One piece, Naruto, HxH or whatever) with a shiton of fanservice to make it sell, so some kind of cheap mangaka who did a cheap manga, I found it even pretty funny by looking from this perspective. Still trash in the end.

SAO was different as (with this one I started watching it all without any knowledge) the premise of the first episode was awesome, the world build, the promise of what tht serie could have become but then, in the span of few episodes (if I recall correctly it was awesome with the 1st episode but it was unbearable by episode 4) it went downhill by just evolving that beautiful premise in a wank fest for that perfect Gary Sue of a MC. It left me disappointed while FT didn't manage to do that since it was lear from the start what it was, so SAO for me is worse (also Natsu at least is more likeable than Kirito, even a dead frog is but whatever).

Are we just comparing the 2, or are we talking about the worst manga in history? If it's the latter, Fairy Tail is far from being the worst of all time lol.
Arcs until Tenrou Island / Grimoire Heart arc was alright. It went downhill only after that.

Tenrou Island arc >> Whole Clown Island arc. Wano act 2 is also shit except on few chapters (King lol diffs Big Meme came to mind)

P.s.
Gildart is different from Shanks mainly in 2 areas.
1. Gildarts lost his limb to a legendary monster that happens to be the EoS villain that last arc Natsu can't solo.
Shanks lost his limb to fodder fish that Beginning of Story Luffy 1 shotted.
2. Gildart isn't a snitch who secretly works for Magic Council.
Nope, any serie which comes to mind. I put only these 2 because they were the worst I can think off and at the same time quite popular. Other could be the last series of Dragonball which for sure are famous and bad.. but not even remotely as bad as SAO or FT.

If you have any to add please do, if I can I will add them to the poll.

Last edited: