Questions & Mysteries Would Luffy ever fight Akainu?

Would they fight

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I believe he will fight Sakazuki.
First off Oda decided that the two chief news Luffy and we as the audience should know about are
> Sakazuki's victory over Kuzan
> Teach's rise to being a Yonko

I mean he even drew them in the exact same manner
Let's even compare the reactions Luffy has to both of them.
> Luffy sitting and listening to a story about Sakazuki and at the mention of Sakazuki's name his scar starts throbbing in pain and he starts sweating showing visible anxiety at the mere mention of Sakazuki

> Whereas, when it comes to Teach, Luffy doesn't care and is spacing out and focusing on other things, such as eating

And the reactions make perfect sense. One Piece is a story and one in particular in which "ambition", "determination", "drive", "willpower" or whatever other synonyms one prefers directly confers martial prowess. This concept is so prevalent that it is physically instantiated in the phenomenon known as haki:
And who was the one that made Luffy doubt himself? Who was the one that broke that indomitable will, spirit, or whatever you prefer?
It was Sakazuki of course. When he killed his brother in front of his eyes

> Sakazuki broke that spirit. Sakazuki made Luffy doubt himself. Out of countless ruthless enemies, it was Sakazuki, and Sakazuki alone that achieved that.

> Coupled with the symbolism in One Piece that scars represent, Sakazuki and Luffy are destined to meet and fight.​

I believe he will fight Sakazuki.
First off Oda decided that the two chief news Luffy and we as the audience should know about are
> Sakazuki's victory over Kuzan
> Teach's rise to being a Yonko

I mean he even drew them in the exact same manner
Let's even compare the reactions Luffy has to both of them.
> Luffy sitting and listening to a story about Sakazuki and at the mention of Sakazuki's name his scar starts throbbing in pain and he starts sweating showing visible anxiety at the mere mention of Sakazuki

> Whereas, when it comes to Teach, Luffy doesn't care and is spacing out and focusing on other things, such as eating

And the reactions make perfect sense. One Piece is a story and one in particular in which "ambition", "determination", "drive", "willpower" or whatever other synonyms one prefers directly confers martial prowess. This concept is so prevalent that it is physically instantiated in the phenomenon known as haki:
And who was the one that made Luffy doubt himself? Who was the one that broke that indomitable will, spirit, or whatever you prefer?
It was Sakazuki of course. When he killed his brother in front of his eyes

> Sakazuki broke that spirit. Sakazuki made Luffy doubt himself. Out of countless ruthless enemies, it was Sakazuki, and Sakazuki alone that achieved that.

> Coupled with the symbolism in One Piece that scars represent, Sakazuki and Luffy are destined to meet and fight.​
I wast really sure in the past but after seeing this excellent analysis, I agree that Luffy will face off against Akainu

Yes he will and @Light D Lamperouge has already covered majority of the main arguments why Luffy will indeed fight Akainu.

Why was New Marineford hyped up to be stronger than their previous base and likely the strongest the Marines have ever been?

- It's because Luffy will do it, adding yet another accomplishment to his belt which will make him surpass Roger.

The Revolutionarys main enemy are the CD. They will invade the holy land once again and will eventually lose. Dragon probably gets killed by Imu. Meanwhile, Luffy defeats New Marineford which is the gate to the holy land and move towards beating Imu once and for all.

Hopefully not, he’s in reality nowhere near PK lvl. So any fight between him an EoS luffy, ends in a quick embarrassing defeat.

It’s also already been foreshadow Imu the main antagonist of the WG. Akainu defeat holds no actual significant, without Imu fall.
Nice Joke. Oda already confirmed that Akainu already possesses the strength to become PK back in 2012.

Nice Joke. Oda already confirmed that Akainu already possesses the strength to become PK back in 2012.
Bad Joke.... Oda already depicted akainu as inferior to Oldbread/Kaido. Akainu has legit Zero inverse portrayal Suggesting he could, or ever will be able to fight on par with PK lvl characters. Let alone EoS luffy, that could potentially surpass primebread/Rogers. Oda introduced that character already, it’s Imu......

Bad Joke.... Oda already depicted akainu as inferior to Oldbread/Kaido. Akainu has legit Zero inverse portrayal. Suggesting he could or ever will be able to fight, on par with PK lvl characters. Let alone EoS luffy, that could potentially surpass primebread/Rogers. Oda introduced that character already, it’s Imu......
Show me the panel of Imus confirmed fighting capabilities before claiming that he would be an individual of that strength level.

Akainu having Zero inverse portrayal?
debunked by the fact that he is the FA of the biggest military faction in the OP world.

When has Oda put Akainu as inferior to Old WB or Kaido?

point stands. Oda confirmed that Akainu has the strength to become PK, he literally said it so himself. I can gladly give you the quote if you like ?

Teach fought Ace
Akainu killed Ace

Teach killed WB
Akainu fought WB

Teach defeated Marco (former comrade) during TS
Akainu defeated Aokiji during TS

Teach became Yonko during TS
Akainu became FA during TS

Both are paired in chapter 579 :

Paired again during Jinbe's speech post TS

Akainu broke Luffy, killed one of the most important character on panel in front of him, something no one else could achieve

Luffy (and not discount Ace) is fighting and defeating him

Teach fought Ace
Akainu killed Ace

Teach killed WB
Akainu fought WB

Teach defeated Marco (former comrade) during TS
Akainu defeated Aokiji during TS

Teach became Yonko during TS
Akainu became FA during TS

Both are paired in chapter 579 :

Paired again during Jinbe's speech post TS

Luffy (and not discount Ace) is fighting and defeating him
Yonkou stans are usually very talented in finding parallels, but for some reason they were not able to see this
:suresure:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
He should definitely avenge his brother and do it along with Sabo.

It's one life time occasion and Luffy is a very emotional man. He would not stand to see his face without acting. It is that simple in my opinion.

Now that doesn't instantly equate to a confirmation of their fight, but I definitely see it happen right now. There are many unknown scenarios that could occur.

Also for plot reasons, not just that. It would simply prove spectacular.

Show me the panel of Imus confirmed fighting capabilities before claiming that he would be an individual of that strength level.
really lol, that’s ur counter argument.... funny enough in ur own post u suggest Luffy fights Imu, after beating Akainu. Im guessing common sense > lack of evidence lead u to that conclusion.
Akainu having Zero inverse portrayal?
debunked by the fact that he is the FA of the biggest military faction in the OP world.
I worded that wrong. I meant he had no inverse portrayal suggest he’s primebread/Roger lvl.

When has Oda put Akainu as inferior to Old WB or Kaido?
With WB there’s the obvious WSM title. That akainu never been implied to hold or be a contender for. Kaido who of course has 1-1 bet on him, an a Similar quote from Oda damn near out right saying Kaido >Akainu. While Akainu has no portrayal at all suggesting he’s superior to either.
point stands. Oda confirmed that Akainu has the strength to become PK, he literally said it so himself. I can gladly give you the quote if you like ?
In admiral tard land maybe. In reality Oda never in anyway, shape, or form portrayed Akainu = Rogers/Primebread. What he says out of verse, is only relevant when it doesn’t contradict the source material.

really lol, that’s ur counter argument.... funny enough in ur own post u suggest Luffy fights Imu, after beating Akainu. Im guessing common sense > lack of evidence lead u to that conclusion.
I was giving a possible scenario, how things could go. You spoke like it's a proven fact that Imu is at the highest level strength wise and in any way portrayed as a future fight for Luffy.

- Why is Imu hiding his entire existence if he is that powerful?

We don't know anything about Imu, so both of our assumptions are at the end, nothing more than headcanon backed up with nothing exactly.

- Luffy and Akainu have a Million times more build up for a future fight than Imu and Luffy.
I worded that wrong. I meant he had no inverse portrayal suggest he’s primebread/Roger lvl.
He has. By being the strongest Marine ever. By being given the highest known Marine feat known in history which is to defeat another Admiral in combat. Entirely different from a certain someone that acquired his entire fame through a false report.
With WB there’s the obvious WSM title. That akainu never been implied to hold or be a contender for. Kaido who of course has 1-1 bet on him, an a Similar quote from Oda damn near out right saying Kaido >Akainu. While Akainu has no portrayal at all suggesting he’s superior to either.
That sbs quote never even made a comparison between Akainu and Kaido strength, lol. I guess in Yanker tard world this is a different case.
In admiral tard land maybe. In reality Oda never in anyway, shape, or form portrayed Akainu = Rogers/Primebread. What he says out of verse, is only relevant when it doesn’t contradict the source material.
Very convenient that out of the verse statements suddenly hold no meaning anymore, just for the record, where exactly did u get that from?

Oda: "Luffy worries me most since he defeats main villains right away unless i make him stranded before he arrives at the Enemy. So, when you create a protagonist in a manga, it's not a good idea to make him too strong. For example, If Akainu became the protagonist, He's so strong, that One piece would come to an end within a year!"
( "Sound recording" magazine, 2012)

Here, Oda is clearly saying how the strength needed to become PK is something Akainu already has, not that he gets it upon becoming the protagonist.

Akainu would never try to become PK and yet still is at that level

Most people put akainu as one of luffy final oponent, but I think otherwise as luffy has never fought the marine as a major villain.
Before the introduction of Sabo I thought the same but with Sabo introduction I think it will Sabo who will face Akainu

Im-sama is the ultimate enemy for the strawhats and his 5 gorosei are his top executives
The admirals are the flying six of the WG while the gorosei are the top commanders and Im-sama is there captain

So when Luffy will fight Im-sama
the admirals are the lesser force prob are fought by allies ( Marco, Sabo, Dragon, Law or Kid) or by Sanji, Cavendish and so on

when Akainu would be a major opponent I would say yes but Im-sama and Sabo changed most variables through there is a chance that Sabo might be captured but I think he is just falsely reported death like Jack

Its gonna prob
Sabo vs Akainu
for avenging Ace and not being there and help Luffy to fulfill his mission