Questions & Mysteries Would Luffy ever fight Akainu?

Would they fight

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Admiralfans just hoping that the Dog being relevant at least 1 time in the show
He's the one who killed Ace right in front of Luffy. Along with Blackbeard's rise to power as an Emperor, he became Fleet Admirals of the Marines, setting himself up as A final boss. Luffy gets mental trauma from his scar when he thinks about Akainu. That' far more relevant than Big Mom and Kaido put together, who at best serve as the biggest glass ceilings.

The LEAST he SHOULD do is give him a punch that feels satisfying if Oda intends for someone else to fight Akainu

So either Luffy does take out Akainu

Or if Luffy's role is fighting someone higher in authority, like Imu, then the least he can do is a punch that is similar to the one he gave Kaido in ch 1000 then they separate and he proceeds against someone else

But no confrontation at all is worst scenario
Post automatically merged:

By the way, call me biased but:
Luffy vs Akainu would be more entertaining than Sabo vs Akainu or even Luffy vs Blackbeard

Fighting style and match up simply makes it more entertaining to watch!

Sabo fighting Akainu is the best joke ive ever heard
This i never got, u do realize 90% of the reason Akainu vs luffy works implies to sabo also
I was giving a possible scenario, how things could go. You spoke like it's a proven fact that Imu is at the highest level strength wise and in any way portrayed as a future fight for Luffy.

- Why is Imu hiding his entire existence if he is that powerful?

We don't know anything about Imu, so both of our assumptions are at the end, nothing more than headcanon backed up with nothing exactly.

- Luffy and Akainu have a Million times more build up for a future fight than Imu and Luffy.
Where do I state anything a fact? I dnt even state they won’t fight.... I simply address akainu inverse portrayal. In regards to him lacking anything pointing to him being near EoS luffy lvl. All the other random question are irrelevant at the moment. All we know is Imu defeat what really matters, akainu defeat changes virtually nothing.

He has. By being the strongest Marine ever. By being given the highest known Marine feat known in history which is to defeat another Admiral in combat. Entirely different from a certain someone that acquired his entire fame through a false report.
:gokulaugh:
U being serious right now... Garps fought Primebread/Rogers, akainu beating somebody noticeable weaker then both doesn’t mean shit. Anyway this isn’t even up for debate Akainu has no PK portrayal period, Oldbread was WSM not akainu.

That sbs quote never even made a comparison between Akainu and Kaido strength, lol. I guess in Yanker tard world this is a different case.
Sure, an without it Kaido still has better combat portrayal/hype....

Very convenient that out of the verse statements suddenly hold no meaning anymore, just for the record, where exactly did u get that from?
Convenient? I literally explain why.... Akainu inverse has no pk lvl portrayal, it’s a contradiction of the source material. That’s been the case since people feats started scaling feats. it most seen with dragon ball Z
Oda: "Luffy worries me most since he defeats main villains right away unless i make him stranded before he arrives at the Enemy. So, when you create a protagonist in a manga, it's not a good idea to make him too strong. For example, If Akainu became the protagonist, He's so strong, that One piece would come to an end within a year!"
( "Sound recording" magazine, 2012)

Here, Oda is clearly saying how the strength needed to become PK is something Akainu already has, not that he gets it upon becoming the protagonist.

Akainu would never try to become PK and yet still is at that level
So why in canon is Primebread/oldbread WSM, an akainu not mentioned even in contention? Seems extremely weird that u put Primebread/Rogers decisively above the Yonko. But have the audacity to claim akainu PK lvl.

I dont think he will fight him, maybe à little clash but that's it

Sabo's job isn't to beat Akainu
I'm not saying Sabo necessarily solos Akainu, just that he can be involved in his defeat.
Sabo surely didn't inherit Mera Mera no mi for nothing,just this arc we had emphasis on inherited will from Kawamatsu in Ringo, Sabo must be instrumental in Akainu's downfall(even in a group fight) from my view.

I believe he will fight Sakazuki.
First off Oda decided that the two chief news Luffy and we as the audience should know about are
> Sakazuki's victory over Kuzan
> Teach's rise to being a Yonko

I mean he even drew them in the exact same manner
Let's even compare the reactions Luffy has to both of them.
> Luffy sitting and listening to a story about Sakazuki and at the mention of Sakazuki's name his scar starts throbbing in pain and he starts sweating showing visible anxiety at the mere mention of Sakazuki

> Whereas, when it comes to Teach, Luffy doesn't care and is spacing out and focusing on other things, such as eating

And the reactions make perfect sense. One Piece is a story and one in particular in which "ambition", "determination", "drive", "willpower" or whatever other synonyms one prefers directly confers martial prowess. This concept is so prevalent that it is physically instantiated in the phenomenon known as haki:
And who was the one that made Luffy doubt himself? Who was the one that broke that indomitable will, spirit, or whatever you prefer?
It was Sakazuki of course. When he killed his brother in front of his eyes

> Sakazuki broke that spirit. Sakazuki made Luffy doubt himself. Out of countless ruthless enemies, it was Sakazuki, and Sakazuki alone that achieved that.

> Coupled with the symbolism in One Piece that scars represent, Sakazuki and Luffy are destined to meet and fight.​

Second best for me, mate. Right after "Shiryu kills Mihawk and then Zoro avenges Mihawk". :cheers:

Guess you never hear of ZKK
Post automatically merged:

He's the one who killed Ace right in front of Luffy. Along with Blackbeard's rise to power as an Emperor, he became Fleet Admirals of the Marines, setting himself up as A final boss. Luffy gets mental trauma from his scar when he thinks about Akainu. That' far more relevant than Big Mom and Kaido put together, who at best serve as the biggest glass ceilings.
BM and Kaido have been the main villains of the past 400 chapters... How does Akainu being a secondary villain in the final war top that?

Bogard

You can't win
There is a possibility that Luffy will fight Akainu next arc because Oda hinted at Sabo being in danger

And even when Sabo's situation was unknown, Luffy already expressed the worry of his concern

So depending on Oda's direction, if Luffy finds out that Sabo is in a death sentence by the marines or something of the sort, i could see him wanting to go to mariejoa to save him

Which could then potentially make Luffy fight Akainu next arc, especially with Oda constantly claiming we're close to end of serie(so could make sense). Could make sense power-level wise as well considering post-Wano Luffy will be the one to just enter the top tier bridge, where he won't win against Kaido properly(with help of SNs weakening Kaido), but with Akainu being the first top tier Luffy would win against on his own

If it doesn't happen next arc however, i believe it'd be too late for Luffy's progression, and thus making it more sense if Akainu was actually Sabo's fight

This i never got, u do realize 90% of the reason Akainu vs luffy works implies to sabo also
No it doesn't really. There's absolutely no emotional tension between Sabo/Akainu like there is with Luffy/Akainu.

- Luffy is the one that saw Ace die in his hands despite his efforts to save him.
- Luffys will was broken by Akainu, not Sabo.
- Luffy was scarred by Akainu, not Sabo.

Sabo has much more reason to go up against the tenryuubito himself when he's been suffering under royals as a kid and literally a CD was the reason why he had amnesia.

it is a fact that the only argument people have for Sabo/Akainu is the fact that they're scared of Akainu being a challenge for EOS Luffy and the implications it would've for the Yonkou except BB.

Where do I state anything a fact? I dnt even state they won’t fight.... I simply address akainu inverse portrayal. In regards to him lacking anything pointing to him being near EoS luffy lvl. All the other random question are irrelevant at the moment. All we know is Imu defeat what really matters, akainu defeat changes virtually nothing.
How can u said that when you don't even know the strength of current Akainu and how he scales up to PK level characters.
Akainu had an extreme diff fight with Kuzan. This could've easily been Odas ticket to justify putting Akainu at that level. Unless you're one of those who believe that Akainu didn't grow stronger after the most intense and extreme 1v1 battle we've seen to date.
U being serious right now... Garps fought Primebread/Rogers, akainu beating somebody noticeable weaker then both doesn’t mean shit. Anyway this isn’t even up for debate Akainu has no PK portrayal period, Oldbread was WSM not akainu.
First off fighting is not the same as beating. Garp never beat Primebeard, Roger, Shiki or any Top Tier for that matter. Akainu actually defeated his rival in the first try, here lies a major difference. Iirc 28 year old Oden could fight Primebeard or at least he was portrayed as a threat to him given Primebeards reaction. Was that Oden PK level now?

Akainu is an equal challenge to Primebeard. Prime Garps days are numbered with all the shaky hype behind him, he probably never even was stronger than Sengoku who was a normal Admiral in his best days.
Sure, an without it Kaido still has better combat portrayal/hype....
Lol, even after being able to show off he doesn't, but it's only natural to assume that he has better combat portrayal when he was able to go all out on panel while Akainus fight was off-screened.
Convenient? I literally explain why.... Akainu inverse has no pk lvl portrayal, it’s a contradiction of the source material. That’s been the case since people feats started scaling feats. it most seen with dragon ball Z
What are u talking about? If Oda gives us statements why can't we direct it to the canon source and treat it as canon, you're literally making up a rule that was never given to us from any official source.
So why in canon is Primebread/oldbread WSM, an akainu not mentioned even in contention? Seems extremely weird that u put Primebread/Rogers decisively above the Yonko. But have the audacity to claim akainu PK lvl.
I never claimed that Roger/Primebeard would destroy the current Yonkou, but that they're a decent bit above them which means that they would high diff most of em expect Kaido who was confirmed as the strongest pirate not long ago.

Akainu has more than enough feats, hype and portrayal to which outer sources count to be considered on PK level.

BTW: Let's not ignore all the Akainu/BB parallels as the biggest rising power during the TS.