Questions & Mysteries Would Luffy ever fight Akainu?

Would they fight

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Akainu is such a bad match-up for Luffy that I dont see how possibly their fight could happen...
Luffy cannot afford to take one clean hit from Akainu while that's exactly what he does in fights...
Well, that might be the challenge when it comes to the fight, mate.

I think when Luffy vs Akainu finally happens, Luffy's COA will be at the level where Akainu will have to move heaven and earth just to shatter Luffy's defense and outright deliver the killing blow, so to speak, before Luffy beats him, whereas Luffy's COA will be at the level where any offensive measure delivered must wear down Akainu enough to eventually take him out for good before Akainu kills him.

It's an interesting fight, and I'll be looking forward to it.

Luffy will quickly show his dominance against Akainu and then pass him off to Sabo. Luffy will go from being weak and helpless against Akainu to making Akainu look weak and helpless
So Oda's going to toss aside a major antagonist into the sidelines he's been propping up along with Blackbeard just so a guy who slacked against Fujitora gets him?

No I’m just not delusional enough into thinking Akainu is the final villain instead of Im
Hmm? What's that got to do with...
Luffy will quickly show his dominance against Akainu and then pass him off to Sabo. Luffy will go from being weak and helpless against Akainu to making Akainu look weak and helpless
Luffy's final pirate and marine villains are Blackbeard and Akainu and his very last opponent is Imu.
You want Akainu to get obliterated by Luffy and get passed off to Sabo because you dislike him.

Luffy's final pirate and marine villains are Blackbeard and Akainu and his very last opponent is Imu.
You want Akainu to get obliterated by Luffy and get passed off to Sabo because you dislike him.
From my view, its more of because i dont want Luffy to get all major fights, besides Akainu is gonna be less important than BB and Imu if the final war present all three as Luffy opponent

Why should luffy fight akainu (a good guy who hates pirates) he is replacable. Luffy can't fight the marines as major villain, because the marines are the good guys

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
it's not much of a fight ...
I would say that we don't possess sufficient material to infer so. Final War isn't occurring in several years which implies many scenarios can end up or not in tandem with our expectations.

For example some people expect Luffy to necessarily develop a G5, but that's quite speculative. Awakening? Sure, but useful to which extent?

Furthermore, is Kaido as potent as Akainu? Plot would suggest not for now so we shall gather a better familiarity over the subject matter soon enough.

It's not much of a fight at this point. Akainu couldn't get past Marco while Luffy is getting close to standing on equal ground with Yonko, who are far superior to Akainu.

At most it will be a skirmish where Luffy shows superiority, before Sabo comes to take over and kill Akainu. At the final war Luffy will be fighting the leaders of the WG, not the face worth less than zero.

Poor Yankers, can't provide a single solid argument why Sabo is supposed to be Akainus fight.
:josad:
But Blue flames
:josad:
Sabo literally name dropped for the first time ever right after Akainu fisted Ace.
Sabo regaining his memories only because of Akainu killing Ace
Sabo trying to roleplay as Ace ever since he got his memories back
Sabo gaining Ace’s powers, and Whitebeard stated that just like someone will carry on Roger’s will (obviously Luffy), someone will also carry on Ace’s will (obviously Sabo).

Yeah the guy who carries on Ace’s will so much so that he’s literally trying to roleplay as Ace won’t ever confront the man who killed Ace :mihanha:
Whatever helps you sleep at night
Post automatically merged:

Yonkos>~Admirals
Either side arguing in favor of one being far superior to another is silly. Extreme difficulty is a given either way.
Let Fujitora not get outdone in his main power by one of Kaido’s tertiary powers and then we can talk about Fujitora even managing to push Kaido past base form

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Let Fujitora not get outdone in his main power by one of Kaido’s tertiary powers and then we can talk about Fujitora even managing to push Kaido past base form
If your goal was to discredit Fujitora's power, you will have to try better than that but take my advice and just dont. No need to work hard to look silly...
Top tiers are top tiers, the gap between them is nowhere close to how much people of either side would want it to be...

If your goal was to discredit Fujitora's power, you will have to try better than that but take my advice and just dont. No need to work hard to look silly...
Top tiers are top tiers, the gap between them is nowhere close to how much people of either side would want it to be...
Can you show me where this was stated in the manga? Can you even show me one instance of the phrase “top tier” being used in the manga?