Questions & Mysteries Would Luffy ever fight Akainu?

Would they fight

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
There is a possibility that Luffy will fight Akainu next arc because Oda hinted at Sabo being in danger

And even when Sabo's situation was unknown, Luffy already expressed the worry of his concern

So depending on Oda's direction, if Luffy finds out that Sabo is in a death sentence by the marines or something of the sort, i could see him wanting to go to mariejoa to save him

Which could then potentially make Luffy fight Akainu next arc, especially with Oda constantly claiming we're close to end of serie(so could make sense). Could make sense power-level wise as well considering post-Wano Luffy will be the one to just enter the top tier bridge, where he won't win against Kaido properly(with help of SNs weakening Kaido), but with Akainu being the first top tier Luffy would win against on his own

If it doesn't happen next arc however, i believe it'd be too late for Luffy's progression, and thus making it more sense if Akainu was actually Sabo's fight
To me it looks like the next years will be clearly focused on finishing Luffys journey into becoming PK. I don't see how he could sneak in such a massive arc in between that, tbh.

Bogard

You can't win
To me it looks like the next years will be clearly focused on finishing Luffys journey into becoming PK. I don't see how he could sneak in such a massive arc in between that, tbh.
The only question mark on Luffy's focus to PK is Big Mom, but if Oda aims at Big Mom losing this arc to show the destruction of the Rocks by the pirates of the new generation, then nothing would stop Luffy to go to Mariejoa plotwise.

What he needs first and foremost in his journey to become pirate king are the 4 red poneglyphs, but he already got a copy of Big Mom's poneglyph in Whole Cake Island, there is another on Zou, another from Kaido, plus the lost one(either the one originally in Wano, or the one originally in Fishmen island).

So by the time Wano would end, Luffy would potentially already have 3 of the 4 road poneglyphs, maybe even the fourth as well if the lost one is somewhere in Wano.

The 4th could be somewhere in Fishmen island though, because it's where it originally was before disappearing

And fishmen island is just under sabaody archipelo, which is next to marineford

And thus could make sense even plotwise if Luffy continued his journey there, especially when taking into consideration Shirley's prediction about fishmen island's destruction, the connection with Vivi(also in danger), and Shirahoshi, who also expressed the will to meet Luffy

So i can easily see Oda make Luffy go to mariejoa to save Sabo, fight Akainu next arc without it having any negative influence in his journey to become the pirate king

This one is tricky for me. Luffy should fight Akainu because of Ace's death right in front of his eyes, which also links Sabo to this. I would not be surprise if Dragon and Akainu throw hands at each other. The man who breathes Absolute Justice and the Revolutionary who wants to burn the WG down.

Guess you never hear of ZKK
Post automatically merged:

BM and Kaido have been the main villains of the past 400 chapters... How does Akainu being a secondary villain in the final war top that?
Zkk is fine
If its a clash then Luffy murders him either Luffy will smashes him so hurt there wont be a single molecular left
Or Sabo will face him which is more likely the case since someone needs to drag down Im-sama
I think you are underestimating Akainu by quite à lot..I really doubt that he will be that easy for Luffy to win

Oda would never do Akainu dirty like that

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I got Sabo fighting Akainu
It appears there are so many theories around that the most disparate scenarios are strongly supported.

I definitely feel that any of the two "brothers" will not afford the thought of losing the opportunity to aveng their other brother, and so of course despite this coercive premise, events are nowadays unpredictable for all the unknown implications.

I dont think akainu will be luffy's opponent. Just because he wants to avenge for Ace does not necessarily equate to fight him. Thats why révolutionary army was created in the storyline they are foil to bad side of Marine.

I do believe Akainu belief comes from Shinsengesumi principle punish the evil at all cost.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinsengumi

Is he morally wrong ? Its up for readers to decide , i think Akainu is Good guy and he wants greater good of people . Even if Luffy defeats Akainu there are probably 10 more like him .So its not worth for Luffy to fight Marine's ideals because he is pirate regardless he defeats Akainu people will see him as pirate so it wont make sense

Last edited:
It appears there are so many theories around that the most disparate scenarios are strongly supported.

I definitely feel that any of the two "brothers" will not afford the thought of losing the opportunity to aveng their other brother, and so of course despite this coercive premise, events are nowadays unpredictable for all the unknown implications.
I got Sabo because of the DF.

I believe he will fight Sakazuki.
First off Oda decided that the two chief news Luffy and we as the audience should know about are
> Sakazuki's victory over Kuzan
> Teach's rise to being a Yonko

I mean he even drew them in the exact same manner
Let's even compare the reactions Luffy has to both of them.
> Luffy sitting and listening to a story about Sakazuki and at the mention of Sakazuki's name his scar starts throbbing in pain and he starts sweating showing visible anxiety at the mere mention of Sakazuki

> Whereas, when it comes to Teach, Luffy doesn't care and is spacing out and focusing on other things, such as eating

And the reactions make perfect sense. One Piece is a story and one in particular in which "ambition", "determination", "drive", "willpower" or whatever other synonyms one prefers directly confers martial prowess. This concept is so prevalent that it is physically instantiated in the phenomenon known as haki:
And who was the one that made Luffy doubt himself? Who was the one that broke that indomitable will, spirit, or whatever you prefer?
It was Sakazuki of course. When he killed his brother in front of his eyes

> Sakazuki broke that spirit. Sakazuki made Luffy doubt himself. Out of countless ruthless enemies, it was Sakazuki, and Sakazuki alone that achieved that.

> Coupled with the symbolism in One Piece that scars represent, Sakazuki and Luffy are destined to meet and fight.​
this is nice but.....
the thing is about akainu, so so many people have beefs againts him
  • sabo
  • koby
  • fujitora
  • aokiji
  • maybe dragon ( i get the sense that akainu HATES dragon with all his might)
Doing luffy vs akainu is the easiest decision here clearly, but idk its to shonen-y and un-onepiece to me
I really think he HAS to fall to another marine, aokiji is the safest bet power level wise.

There's no use in searching for reasons to explain why Luffy wouldn't go after Akainu since he doesn't care about beefs but not the opposite. Akainu is the one who has been obsessed with killing Luffy ever since the pre timeskip, even more than Ace because Luffy's the son of the most wanted man. Just look at his chest, Akainu's killing intent towards Luffy dwarfs anyone else's.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I really think he HAS to fall to another marine, aokiji is the safest bet power level wise.
Ah, in that case I think Fujitora would be the one.
Fujitora and Akainu seem to be opposites in the Navy and ones who clash wills. Whilst Akainu is an adamant follower of absolute justice, Fujitora is much more compassionate and willing to see things clearly, without the immediate prejudice of evil and good. Akainu would destroy and pursue anyone in his way, even his own people for wasting precious seconds
Whilst Fujitora generally cares for people, pirates included, as evident when he allows the SHC to escape, and doesn't attack them at first due to DR citizens, and later on even helps them by sinking the ships of those who are in their way and who are only looking to cause trouble.
In addition, to add up on the aforementioned remark, here we see them clashing their beliefs and justices, both portrayed in the same vein, angrily yelling at each other, advocating their view of the system and fighting for what they believe is proper.
Furthermore, the newest chapters also add to this. Fujitora was vehemently advocating the abolition of the Warlords to which Akainu was opposed, further illustrating their differences in beliefs.

Ah, in that case I think Fujitora would be the one.
Fujitora and Akainu seem to be opposites in the Navy and ones who clash wills. Whilst Akainu is an adamant follower of absolute justice, Fujitora is much more compassionate and willing to see things clearly, without the immediate prejudice of evil and good. Akainu would destroy and pursue anyone in his way, even his own people for wasting precious seconds
Whilst Fujitora generally cares for people, pirates included, as evident when he allows the SHC to escape, and doesn't attack them at first due to DR citizens, and later on even helps them by sinking the ships of those who are in their way and who are only looking to cause trouble.
In addition, to add up on the aforementioned remark, here we see them clashing their beliefs and justices, both portrayed in the same vein, angrily yelling at each other, advocating their view of the system and fighting for what they believe is proper.
Furthermore, the newest chapters also add to this. Fujitora was vehemently advocating the abolition of the Warlords to which Akainu was opposed, further illustrating their differences in beliefs.
yeah this could also works. Fujitora feels like an exact opposite to akainu
but as you say luffy is also a good match,

So idk... its low-key similar to the debate about zoro vs king/queen/drake/kaido/orochi/kaido's son lmao

I mean....It's pretty obvious. It's storytelling 101. Even now Oda is still wanking Ace in death and some people have the astounding idea that Oda is going to push the killer of this Oda-beloved character to the side? Oda had to throw Ace into Wano to give Luffy even an iota of personal attachment to spice things up because Kaido & Big Mom just don't have the requisite emotional investment otherwise.
Now we are talking about the person with the absolute strongest emotional connection to the Main Character himself, and some people try their hardest to try and discount it because they've fallen for their own downplaying nonsense?

In the end it's not really worth bothering about. I just know that the surprised pikachu face reaction to the eventual fight will be somewhat aggravating, but that's to be expected from those kind of One Piece fans.

Akainu has been a main villains since Marineford Arc, and Big Mom and Kaido's chapter counts don't compensate for Sakazuki's greater significance in Luffy's life.
Luffy will quickly show his dominance against Akainu and then pass him off to Sabo. Luffy will go from being weak and helpless against Akainu to making Akainu look weak and helpless