General & Others Would you consider dropping OP if...

Pretry much we can say that everybody in this forum is an hardcore fan of this work which started more than 20 years ago, deluvered costantly through the years and pretty much never really let us down in anything. Ir order to drop something like this there would be needed some tzar bomb bullshit by Oda. Like other people underlined hiw many of us still read Naruto to the end despite the trainwreck it become and I could add that I'm still waiting faithfully like the dog Akito for Togashi to give us a new HxH chapter (and I love HxH drspite sometimes Togashi puts in 3 yo drawings in his panels, actually I find it hilarious when he does so sincr despite that that manga is one of the best of all time without a doubt).

So Oda would have at least ti:

1 Utterly destroy all the major (and even minors since we are at it) plot points. Usopp becomes the final villain after BB is defated, he never loved the SH since they wanted to abandon him on water7. The OP is actually just a treasure and itbis revelaed the very next chapter along with what are the D clan, IM, will of D. Etc and every single explanation is lame. Then put in weird stuff like power of friendship FT level, ecchi stuff every chapter (everybody knows mangas with bbies sell like hot cakes), Luffy becomes a Gary Sue and the secondary character empty shells with the only role to create a contrast with thevperfect main character (same for enemies so no more BB, Doflamingos, Croco boys, Akainu etc but just a bunch of stupid laughing, evil without a reason enemies and no I'm not thinking about Sword Art Online).

2 Oda deliver a new chapter every christmas (if he fells like so).

3 He now wants to complete the manga drawing only with his feets, litterally.

4 Nobody at this point has the will to translate this new manga anymore and so yoy have to "read" it in japanese.

And I think at this point I could/would drop it.
LMAOOOOO or the one piece is exacly just an one piece dress, that's why everyone was laughing :luffylaugh:nice theory tho

I still remember a lot of people dropping One Piece during WCI because Sanji didn't have any 1v1 fight and Big Mom being a huge disappointment but they forget that it was just a Sanji rescue arc and it's mostly focus on Sanji's character as a whole and it set up Big Mom's role in Wano.:josad::josad::josad:

I still remember a lot of people dropping One Piece during WCI because Sanji didn't have any 1v1 fight and Big Mom being a huge disappointment but they forget that it was just a Sanji rescue arc and it's mostly focus on Sanji's character as a whole and it set up Big Mom's role in Wano.:josad::josad::josad:
yes, people expect sanji to be badass like zoro, and GODA denied that fact so hard and showed sanji as his own character as the kindest person ever

His best moment in Wano right now is getting fainted by a nerfed pleasure:josad::josad::josad:
it's okay, apoo just caught luffy and zoro off guard, let's just say apoo has got his moment in the last chapter, next is zoro's
Post automatically merged:

After Luffy's display in the last chapter I actually would be pretty pissed.
because of the nerf? or because of the reckless attitude?

it's okay, apoo just caught luffy and zoro off guard, let's just say apoo has got his moment in the last chapter, next is zoro's

because of the nerf? or because of the reckless attitude?
I don't care about Luffy getting hurt, but him passing out even if it is only for a few seconds is really a bad showing if we're supposed to see him defeat the strongest creature the same arc... Even taking the effect of surprise into account Kaido should hit way harder than any explosion of Apoo.

It is Oda's faullt for introducing them antagonists they cannot beat, so he had these antagonists act like clowns or completely stupid for the past 2 arcs in order for the shs to shine. Which in turn made these antagonists less threatening and real, since they basically get memed on by oda himself. Its unfortunate, really. But whatever.
I mean post skip arc structure is almost the same as pre skip. And it’s almost always straw hats get to an island, find a population oppressed by a villain. Take him out. Rinse and repeat.

Hxh is perfect example of great unpredictable story telling.
HxH quality is higher than op, but it’s also half the length, and the author is...less consistent...than Oda to say the least.

In water 7, cp9 were portrayed as completely out of the strawhats league. And their eventual defeat was still handled fairly gracefully by shonen standards. The characters grew dramatically in both strength and maturity. There were curveballs everywhere in the plot. The world building was very good. So many important things happened and were shown. And in less chapters than wci.

Oda does have a formula but it works well when executed correctly.

HxH quality is higher than op, but it’s also half the length, and the author is...less consistent...than Oda to say the least.

In water 7, cp9 were portrayed as completely out of the strawhats league. And their eventual defeat was still handled fairly gracefully by shonen standards. The characters grew dramatically in both strength and maturity. There were curveballs everywhere in the plot. The world building was very good. So many important things happened and were shown. And in less chapters than wci.

Oda does have a formula but it works well when executed correctly.
In water 7 luffy made Lucci bleed and go hybrid while still remaining conscious in base form. And now we know he had two forms he had that he didn’t use.

Against kaido, the man went all out and got completely OVERWHELMED in his specialty. Physical stats. Be it speed/ power/ durability, a casual as fuck kaido proved to be far superior. Now luffy learned how to hurt him, but hurting him doesn’t mean defeating him alone, it just means you can now damage him, and I’m sure the extent of that damage won’t be extreme. Just enough to chip away at him little by little like you would do a raid boss in an mmo. So now we have a luffy with a way to dmg kaido but still shit durability and inferior speed to casual kaido( bar snakeman ofc), it is a given that this fight will mirror thriller bark. Only this time the sh will be replaced by the SN and I’m willing to bet my left but that kidd will still remain standing with lufffy till the end to cement his place as luffys rival for pk( besides bb ofc).

Also think about it, what happens when kaido gets somewhat serious? That’s a scary scary thought. We will see why he gets called the wsc and why cp0 is scared of him as well as other top tiers hyping him up.

Togashi made yu yu hakusho too and one could argue that it’s quality is better than one piece too. I just wish he was more healthy to write more and or to have an assistant draw for him, which he refuses to do.

I don't care about Luffy getting hurt, but him passing out even if it is only for a few seconds is really a bad showing if we're supposed to see him defeat the strongest creature the same arc... Even taking the effect of surprise into account Kaido should hit way harder than any explosion of Apoo.
yeah right, the passing out just showed us how nerfed luffy was... maybe it was just kinda a reminder from oda that yonko is still was league above, and can't be beaten only by advanced CoA

In water 7 luffy made Lucci bleed and go hybrid while still remaining conscious in base form. And now we know he had two forms he had that he didn’t use.

Against kaido, the man went all out and got completely OVERWHELMED in his specialty. Physical stats. Be it speed/ power/ durability, a casual as fuck kaido proved to be far superior. Now luffy learned how to hurt him, but hurting him doesn’t mean defeating him alone, it just means you can now damage him, and I’m sure the extent of that damage won’t be extreme. Just enough to chip away at him little by little like you would do a raid boss in an mmo. So now we have a luffy with a way to dmg kaido but still shit durability and inferior speed to casual kaido( bar snakeman ofc), it is a given that this fight will mirror thriller bark. Only this time the sh will be replaced by the SN and I’m willing to bet my left but that kidd will still remain standing with lufffy till the end to cement his place as luffys rival for pk( besides bb ofc).

Also think about it, what happens when kaido gets somewhat serious? That’s a scary scary thought. We will see why he gets called the wsc and why cp0 is scared of him as well as other top tiers hyping him up.

Togashi made yu yu hakusho too and one could argue that it’s quality is better than one piece too. I just wish he was more healthy to write more and or to have an assistant draw for him, which he refuses to do.
i just can't accept that advanced CoA will be enought to beat Kaido, there's gotta be something more... some kinda Gear 5 at least

His best moment in Wano right now is getting fainted by a nerfed pleasure:josad::josad::josad:
The Hancock avis keep getting raunchier 😍, I love it.

yeah right, the passing out just showed us how nerfed luffy was... maybe it was just kinda a reminder from oda that yonko is still was league above, and can't be beaten only by advanced CoA

i just can't accept that advanced CoA will be enought to beat Kaido, there's gotta be something more... some kinda Gear 5 at least
Nerfed by what? Luffy was fresh as fuck.