General & Others Would you consider dropping OP if...

I for one would welcome it tbh, would be a breath of fresh air into this otherwise predictable series.
Hmmmm. It's predictable in the hero/story sense, but OP has a lot of tiny twists no one really sees coming. I like that about it.

It hasn't changed too much in its structure though, which I appreciate as a constant source of entertainment in my life.
Lol.....OP would become boring and biggest trash series ever if main cast dies....literally world remains static without them.....everyone just wait for their so called chance "to make their move" and dies of old age......🤣🤣🤣
Luffy dies and they revive him with Dragon Balls. Doable. :smithnie:

Hmmmm. It's predictable in the hero/story sense, but OP has a lot of tiny twists no one really sees coming. I like that about it.

It hasn't changed too much in its structure though, which I appreciate as a constant source of entertainment in my life.

Luffy dies and they revive him with Dragon Balls. Doable. :smithnie:
I mean post skip arc structure is almost the same as pre skip. And it’s almost always straw hats get to an island, find a population oppressed by a villain. Take him out. Rinse and repeat.

Hxh is perfect example of great unpredictable story telling.

S

Shura

I for one would welcome it tbh, would be a breath of fresh air into this otherwise predictable series.
Unpredictable doesn't mean fresh...it can be trash sometimes.......for example, Usopp killing Kaido is unpredictable but do you accept that kind of unpredictability??....
It doesn't matter if protagonist winning is predictable....what matters is execution......

I mean if you really expect from the manga which is not even remotely meant for that, then it is purely your mistake.....

One piece till now most of the time is about protagonists going against almost impossible odds in their adventures and getting rewarded ultimately.....most people invested in OP because of this

Unpredictable doesn't mean fresh...it can be trash sometimes.......for example, Usopp killing Kaido is unpredictable but do you accept that kind of unpredictability??....
It doesn't matter if protagonist winning is predictable....what matters is execution......

I mean if you really expect from the manga which is not even remotely meant for that, then it is purely your mistake.....

One piece till now most of the time is about protagonists going against almost impossible odds in their adventures and getting rewarded ultimately.....most people invested in OP because of this
I meant good unpredictability ofc , kind of an ad hominem from you to just assume I meant game of thrones season 8 style of unpredictability.

I mean post skip arc structure is almost the same as pre skip. And it’s almost always straw hats get to an island, find a population oppressed by a villain. Take him out. Rinse and repeat.

I know what you mean. But it's always been that? I'm not sure why people expect something which is meant to be like that and has been like that for 20+ years to suddenly change?

Mind you, we all have our desires about what we want it to be. But it won't, so might as well go along with it :D

S

Shura

Nope......Zou and WCI are not such arcs.....Wano though follows the same but you have two main antagonists instead of one.......who knows what will happen after wano arc....

M
I know what you mean. But it's always been that? I'm not sure why people expect something which is meant to be like that and has been like that for 20+ years to suddenly change?

Mind you, we all have our desires about what we want it to be. But it won't, so might as well go along with it :D
Maybe because we as readers are not kids anymore so I guess our expectations and vision of good storytelling grows with us. Maybe we aren’t satisfied with such a formulaic way of approaching almost every single arc.
But, that is by no means me degrading or saying that people who still enjoy the series this way are wrong! By all means, if you love it then good on you :p
Post automatically merged:

Nope......Zou and WCI are not such arcs.....Wano though follows the same but you have two main antagonists instead of one.......who knows what will happen after wano arc....
I said almost, read again.

I’m sorry I had to bring back such evil into your mind but that’s the best comparison I could find.

Maybe because we as readers are not kids anymore so I guess our expectations and vision of good storytelling grows with us. Maybe we aren’t satisfied with such a formulaic way of approaching almost every single arc.
But, that is by no means me degrading or saying that people who still enjoy the series this way are wrong! By all means, if you love it then good on you :p
I know, and it's everyone's right to quit reading/watching. I'm just pointing out that One Piece will never turn into HxH or GoT and so on. I won't expect it to just because many readers are adults now. It's like wishing the sun doesn't rise in the east anymore.

I watched Pokemon as a kid, and apparently that hasn't changed one bit either :milaugh: Most of them stick to their formulas.

I’m sorry I had to bring back such evil into your mind but that’s the best comparison I could find.
It's ok. Let's not say those words together ever again. x

I know, and it's everyone's right to quit reading/watching. I'm just pointing out that One Piece will never turn into HxH or GoT and so on. I won't expect it to just because many readers are adults now. It's like wishing the sun doesn't rise in the east anymore.

I watched Pokemon as a kid, and apparently that hasn't changed one bit either :milaugh: Most of them stick to their formulas.

It's ok. Let's not say those words together ever again. x
Oki bb, pinky promise and if I lie I’ll swallow a thousand needles.

Well actually Pokémon x and why was pretty adult compared to what Pokémon is and ash actually becomes the Pokémon champion in sun and moon. So even they are changing their tune a bit haha.