General & Others Would you consider dropping OP if...

My only problem with Luffy defeating Kaido solo (this arc at least) is the fact that it then begs the question on where the remainder of the series will go in terms of power scaling. The Marines, Blackbeard, and the WG are still basically huge viable threats and if Luffy ends up defeating a Yonko on his own this arc (something other Yonko can't even do or have tried to do), then what does that say about the threats of Akainu or Im or anyone else aside from Blackbeard (who we know can be more hax than he is already) or even Shanks (who we know nothing about)?

Its one of those things where I'd love Luffy to surpass a Yonko this arc, but they are nothing like the Shichibukai. They are all supposed to be "equal" relatively speaking. Kaido has the highest, living bounty in the series.

To me, logically the only 2 things that can happen this arc is that:

- Kaido/BM do not fall at all (with the ongoing Rocks plot I just keep this in the back of my head) and Luffy fights Yamato, the "Ace", or someone else.
- Kaido falls due to a plot/team effort. Either all of the supernovas take on Kaido, or BM lands a definitive/lethal blow on Kaido at some point.

Its a way to finish Wano without Luffy becoming quite literally the "strongest creature" himself if he beats Kaido.

I feel like people don't talk about this enough, and I still don't see how Luffy will win when he:

- Does not know awakening
- Has not mastered FS or this new advanced Ryou yet (he only JUST started using it against trees lol)
- Lost in one hit to Kaido when he got remotely serious (not even full capability, just "serious")
- Is extremely overconfident in winning because of one powerup.

Idk, I just don't see it happening, and Oda's gonna have to convince me otherwise if it does end up happening. Them not falling at least would allow Luffy to scale easier to Yonko level. IMO, I'd much rather Wano achieve in defeating both Yonko's crews entirely and letting the Yonko continue their Rocks plot and continue to scale Luffy more naturally (possibly fight someone above a Yonko commander but under a Yonko; Yamato or the possible "Ace" has this potential). I'd love to get a clash between all 4 Yonko at Elbaf or something before they fall.
The only problem as you said is that oda hyped the shit up of kaido. Saying he was the 1v1 champion. He was kind of back pedaling during Oden's flashback though.

Honestly with what oda said with him wanting to finish OP soon, maybe we'll have 2 or 3 arcs left.

Blackbeard being stronger than current kaido when he faces luffy is a given. Then what's left elbaf and the final war. I don't think elbaf will be a big arc more a transition like zou where they befriend the giants.

And during final war we should see plenty of strong opponents, akainu might be stronger than current kaido after all.

So I definitely have no problem with luffy soloing kaido now. Imo he'll inflict about 70% at least of the damages to kaido anyway, so that's close to a 1v1.

The only problem as you said is that oda hyped the shit up of kaido. Saying he was the 1v1 champion. He was kind of back pedaling during Oden's flashback though.

Honestly with what oda said with him wanting to finish OP soon, maybe we'll have 2 or 3 arcs left.

Blackbeard being stronger than current kaido when he faces luffy is a given. Then what's left elbaf and the final war. I don't think elbaf will be a big arc more a transition like zou where they befriend the giants.

And during final war we should see plenty of strong opponents, akainu might be stronger than current kaido after all.

So I definitely have no problem with luffy soloing kaido now. Imo he'll inflict about 70% at least of the damages to kaido anyway, so that's close to a 1v1.
We'll see, I don't believe Oda's comments about the series ending soon for a second. He's been making variable comments about the progress of the story for years and he's always been wrong. In fact, Wano just about resolves almost nothing in terms of the bigger plots/mysteries of the story, things that require a lot more time than Wano and previous arcs have provided.

Instead of individual threads asking if 1 specific scenario happened would you drop
What is something that could happen thatll personally have you considering giving up one piece? Or even something happening in the show that makes you give up the forum

Luffy soloing kaido, zoro killing kaido, zoro not fighting king, ect

Personally at this point im probably gonna keep reading till the end no matter how bad things get.

Shit being notably rushed all of a sudden as we get closer to the end, especially after constantly introducing more threats as we go (Im, Rocks, etc.) For example, itd be entirely silly for Big Mom and Kaido to receive nearly 400 chapters and story arcs for Oda to only hypothetically deliver a single arc for, let's say Blackbeard or something. If we dont get further build up arcs to the Final War, etc. I will be upset because it will certainly look like the story is being rushed. It would be entirely weird for the whole Vegapunk/Kuma plotline to not receive arc focus considering it has been teased for 10+ years, more than any other arc in the series.

Knowing Oda though, that very likely not be the case and there should be a few additional arcs before he throws into the final war/final arc.

Instead of individual threads asking if 1 specific scenario happened would you drop
What is something that could happen thatll personally have you considering giving up one piece? Or even something happening in the show that makes you give up the forum

Luffy soloing kaido, zoro killing kaido, zoro not fighting king, ect

Personally at this point im probably gonna keep reading till the end no matter how bad things get.
If SH, especially Zoro, won't get their moments to shine. Like Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe fighting Calamities, Zoro cutting Kaido or something like those. I don't want another WCI that made Luffy look super strong and made Sanji a cake backer.