General & Others Would you consider dropping OP if...

Yeah I mean people still watched the rise of skywalker no matter how shit the last jedi was

god sequel trilogy is a mess
Actually I had seen all the movies until Disney took the franchise. I watched their first episode and I thought it was shite so I dropped it.
Didn't watch their second nor their third episode.

So if people think something is really bad for their taste they would stop.

Being mad because their favourite character didn't shine is something else, even though they won't admit it, they still kinda like one piece and want to follow the story.

The only way I could drop One piece is by getting completely unterested in it. I actually stopped following it weekly during Dressrosa for some time and recently again with the Oden flashback.

Also, my favourite thing about One Piece are the Strawhats (not only Luffy), so if they get sidelined completely or for too long, I'd probably lose interest and only check on the series every now and then.

I was never so disinterested with One piece than these past 70 chapters, tbh. If not for this community and the people we can talk and meme around with, i would've likely dropped it with the start of the Oden flashback, tbh.

I hope that the battle of Onigashima will get me back...let's wait and see.

Breaks don't even hurt me anymore since I'm not looking forward to a chapter like i used too.

I've grown sick and tired of majority of the Strawhats and especially the scabbards. Short arcs like the Reverie always remind me what amazing potential this manga and Oda has if he isn't tied to these stupid protagonists.
I don’t feel quite as negatively as you but pretty much the same otherwise. I’m actually kind of surprised that Luffy, sanji and Zoro have such enthusiastic fans because I frankly don’t care about any of them. Chapters that don’t involve them tend to be much more interesting. The WG, the marines , the revolutionaries. The scabbards have been dull. Bm and Kaido have been dull, and both cartoonishly evil and incompetent simultaneously. Which is fine, it is a cartoon, but they don’t stack up to other op villains, almost all of which are a lot more complex.

I don’t think it’s just us. If you take a random stretch of 70 chapters pre-ts, in most cases you’ll find dramatically more character growth for the protagonists, world building, and compelling conflict against a compelling villain than in these past 70.

I was never so disinterested with One piece than these past 70 chapters, tbh. If not for this community and the people we can talk and meme around with, i would've likely dropped it with the start of the Oden flashback, tbh.

I hope that the battle of Onigashima will get me back...let's wait and see.

Breaks don't even hurt me anymore since I'm not looking forward to a chapter like i used too.

I've grown sick and tired of majority of the Strawhats and especially the scabbards. Short arcs like the Reverie always remind me what amazing potential this manga and Oda has if he isn't tied to these stupid protagonists.
Truth, i dislike what the straw hats have become.

I don’t feel quite as negatively as you but pretty much the same otherwise. I’m actually kind of surprised that Luffy, sanji and Zoro have such enthusiastic fans because I frankly don’t care about any of them. Chapters that don’t involve them tend to be much more interesting. The WG, the marines , the revolutionaries. The scabbards have been dull. Bm and Kaido have been dull, and both cartoonishly evil and incompetent simultaneously. Which is fine, it is a cartoon, but they don’t stack up to other op villains, almost all of which are a lot more complex.

I don’t think it’s just us. If you take a random stretch of 70 chapters pre-ts, in most cases you’ll find dramatically more character growth for the protagonists, world building, and compelling conflict against a compelling villain than in these past 70.
It is Oda's faullt for introducing them antagonists they cannot beat, so he had these antagonists act like clowns or completely stupid for the past 2 arcs in order for the shs to shine. Which in turn made these antagonists less threatening and real, since they basically get memed on by oda himself. Its unfortunate, really. But whatever.

On topic, yes i would drop the series. As it would make no actual sense whatsoever for luffy to do that at the moment and would devalue any future encounter.
Post automatically merged:

If all the MC died vs Kaido, who would continue reading One Piece just bc you're interested in worldbuilding and what would go down next? Would you drop One Piece then? :)
I would keep reading it, in fact it would spark my interest even more. Because then the series would become more realistic and it would tell me that anyone can die and that there is no plot shield. So yes, id love following multiple characters storylines(shanks, bb, kaido, akainu and co, coby rising, my boi mihawk) game of thrones style and not have such a narrow field of view that we currently have with the shs.

C

critical mindset

I would keep reading it, in fact it would spark my interest even more. Because then the series would become more realistic and it would tell me that anyone can die and that there is no plot shield. So yes, id love following multiple characters storylines(shanks, bb, kaido, akainu and co, coby rising, my boi mihawk) game of thrones style and not have such a narrow field of view that we currently have with the shs.
I couldn't agree more! Well said and same here! :cheers:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If all the MC died vs Kaido, who would continue reading One Piece just bc you're interested in worldbuilding and what would go down next? Would you drop One Piece then? :)
Dude, how funny would it be if Oda just rebooted the series this close to the end? Kaido slaughters all the current protagonists, then some new crew shows up out of fucking nowhere, beats him and Linlin with ease, liberates Wano in Luffy’s stead, then we just follow them to Laugh Tale and beyond??

C

critical mindset

Dude, how funny would it be if Oda just rebooted the series this close to the end? Kaido slaughters all the current protagonists, then some new crew shows up out of fucking nowhere, beats him and Linlin with ease, liberates Wano in Luffy’s stead, then we just follow them to Laugh Tale and beyond??
That would be the biggest troll move ever, and I would still keep reading with an ever greater passion lmao

I think this would be literal chaos in all our lives :milaugh: