Character Discussion Would you like Zoro to lose Enma before Wano end?

Yay or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Undecided/Unsure

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Would I like it? Sure. I have a theory that Zoro's Endgame Swords are actually All 3 Kitetsu Blades, so personally I see him returning Enma by the end of the arc.
Exactly my strong sensation supported by notion however. And why I thought Zoro would ditch Shusui in the first place.

This would once again show how big Oda's projects are for the man.

No I wouldn't want zoro to lose enma as it makes no sense. Enma was clearly given to zoro as his sword so it's not like he's borrowing it just for wano. It's been hyped as a blade that zoro will make permanently black so why would he leave it? Enma is a great sword that even post wano can keep making zoro stronger. Lastly what sword would take it's place? If you think nidai why would zoro trade enma instead of sandai for nidai? If you think shusui why would zoro say F u to wano when he already accepted enma as a fair trade for shusui? No plot relevance or logical sense explains why he should leave enma other than the fans just want it.

Enma is cool and iconic, so I prefer him to keep it. But after the battle against Kaido, Zoro should get Shusui back. He won it legitimately. After the Wado Ichimonji, it's Zoro's most iconic sword.

Wado Ichimonji + Shusui + Enma is the best combination. If Nidai was for Zoro, he would use it in this battle.

Enma is cool and iconic, so I prefer him to keep it. But after the battle against Kaido, Zoro should get Shusui back. He won it legitimately. After the Wado Ichimonji, it's Zoro's most iconic sword.

Wado Ichimonji + Shusui + Enma is the best combination. If Nidai was for Zoro, he would use it in this battle.
Question is why would zoro go back and get shusui? There are 2 huge reasons he shouldn't
1. Zoro gave it up himself voluntarily for enma and what shusui meant to the people of wano.

2. Zoro now has the hype of turning enma black and by virtue his other swords black. It wouldn't make sense if he already has a black blade to then make his other blades black.
So I doubt zoro is gonna give the big middle finger to the country of wano and go take shusui back.

Not an agenda thing.

I feel like Enma overshadows Zoro's other swords and even Zoro himself. I feel like, from a narrative perspective, I would like Zoro to master Enma, be able to emit the same amount of haki with his other swords, and then Enma breaks.

TLDR; I want Enma to help Zoro become more powerful and then break.
Why would Zoro lose a sword that rightfully belong to Zoro?
Oden was not worthy of Enma because he was never able to become one with Enma and make it permanently black. Zoro is poised to make Enma permanently black so the sword belongs to Zoro.

Think of Oden as Shanks, the guy who is holding on to Roger's hat, think of Zoro as Luffy, the person who the hat rightfully belongs to.
Oden was just a place holder, Zoro is rightful owner.

Not an agenda thing.

I feel like Enma overshadows Zoro's other swords and even Zoro himself. I feel like, from a narrative perspective, I would like Zoro to master Enma, be able to emit the same amount of haki with his other swords, and then Enma breaks.

TLDR; I want Enma to help Zoro become more powerful and then break.
Beast must have its master.
And Enma must tamed by zoro no matter what.
And later zoro will make it black like shisui n become hero od wano, then married the wano princes happy ever after the end :milaugh:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Not at first but now i do want him to return it and get the Nidai both are same rank and most importantly it can't be used to undermine Zoro. He would be just as strong and fearsome, Wano has this tradition of burying dead with their katana that does give us hope Enma either be returned to Hiyori or gets buried
Actually it’s only Ringo that has the tradition of burying the sword with its master. The rest of Wano doesn’t have the same tradition as far as we know.

Plus, Zoro personally knows the dude who made Enma, so it would be weird for Zoro to give it up especially after he makes it black.

J

Jo_Ndule

:josad:
That moment when Sanji got his birthright (Raid suit) from his family as Powerup
So it doesn't matter whether he uses it or not

But then Zoro gets a sword which belonged to Oden and has Oden's haki in it.
A powerful/special sword that even Yonko notices to be abnormal.

:goyea:Germa/Vinsmoked as a whole been hyped via Sanji isn't an issue coz he's one of them

While zoro has been outshone by a freaking sword :suresure: Yonko care more about a sword and a dead man than Zoro

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
This topic was made prematurely, IMO.

Enma is getting the focus because it’s Zoro’s newest sword, and it hasn’t had a showcase fight up until now.

This was the same deal with Sandai Kitetsu during Whiskey Peak, and Shusui back in Thriller Bark.

The enemy Zoro is presently fighting is also familiar with Enma and especially its previous user. It’s directly connecting Zoro and Kaido. Now that Kaido recognizes it as Oden’s sword, he can start judging its current wielder to its former.

Zoro will likely accomplish more with Enma than Oden ever did, so I doubt he’ll be “overshadowed” by the sword. Even now, Linlin and Killer didn’t say Enma cut Kaido. They said Zoro did.

Lastly, how does Enma breaking signify Zoro got stronger? It’s explicitly stated by Mihawk that even one nick is a mark of shame. I don’t even think Haki even works like that. Haki is will. Why is it in Zoro’s will to break Enma? If any thing, he’d try to make it black like Hitetsu mentioned to him. And once he does, Zoro will have more ownership of the sword than anyone else, even Oden. Isn’t that part of why Zoro had to hand over Shusui? It was a blade Ryuma forged in his years of battle. So Zoro’s going to leave his own mark on a blade. And right now it appears to be the one he substituted Shusui for.

:josad:
That moment when Sanji got his birthright (Raid suit) from his family as Powerup
So it doesn't matter whether he uses it or not

But then Zoro gets a sword which belonged to Oden and has Oden's haki in it.
A powerful/special sword that even Yonko notices to be abnormal.

:goyea:Germa/Vinsmoked as a whole been hyped via Sanji isn't an issue coz he's one of them

While zoro has been outshone by a freaking sword :suresure: Yonko care more about a sword and a dead man than Zoro
This overall never happened in One Piece.

It was thanks to Germa's tech that Sanji became rather strong.
And it is Zoro to have shocked Big Mom and Kaido.