• Wrestling was always lame as fuck

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Nah I still love wrestling

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
G

Gran D. Master

Oh you did MMA? That's cool.

I took MMA training for two years and before that I did Judo and Jiu Jitsu individually and did Tae Kwon Do from 3rd to 9th grade.
That's a lot of kicking experience you have lol. BTW did you ever get into a fight? If so, what turned out more effective/useful, Judo or BJJ? (assuming it involved any grappling)

That's a lot of kicking experience you have lol. BTW did you ever get into a fight? If so, what turned out more effective/useful, Judo or BJJ? (assuming it involved any grappling)
Well I have been in plenty of fights as a kid before I started doing either Judo or Jiu Jitsu but even then I would try to take people down and then ground and pound.

What is more effective really depends on the practitioner and his skill level and his own approach to fighting. In MMA sparring I usually go for a take down and then try to make opponent tap out but in a real fight in the same situation you can ground and pound the opponent, choke them out etc.

Judo has more of an advantage when you are standing, the philosophy of Judo is to use your opponents momentum against them and exerting least amount of your own energy possible. Like there is a throw called "Epon Sayanagi" where if an opponent is charging at you, if you are skilled enough you can use his forward momentum and use it throw him. I have done it many times. In Judo sparring we drop ***** on their backs but in a fight you can even drop them on their heads (I recommend not doing it though lol).

H

Homelander

Clearly WWE needs major over haul , the storylines are cringy and boring . Its sad they still bring back Goldberg and boring brock lesnar from MMA .

I used to watch the attitude era probably my fav part of WWE wrestling era . Cena , orton were fine as well it lasted long but overall with big stars retiring at same time and Vince Mcmohan not in helm these days WWE days are pretty much done .

I d say MMA is far more entertaining right now no cringy storyline and straight to point .
Post automatically merged:

Vince McMahon is an outdated moron that needs retire. His booking is atrocious.
Agreed the day he passes away is the end of WWE . I dont trust Steph and Triple H running things like Vince did . The guy gave blood but clearly the age is taking over him and i am surprised he has not retired from wrestling business . He knows Stephanie and Triple H will bankrupt this company he hardly trusts them .

Who's hyped for this year's Money in the bank?
Watch MMA i suggest you drop this boring smackdowns .

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Clearly WWE needs major over haul , the storylines are cringy and boring . Its sad they still bring back Goldberg and boring brock lesnar from MMA .

I used to watch the attitude era probably my fav part of WWE wrestling era . Cena , orton were fine as well it lasted long but overall with big stars retiring at same time and Vince Mcmohan not in helm these days WWE days are pretty much done .

I d say MMA is far more entertaining right now no cringy storyline and straight to point .

Agreed the day he passes away is the end of WWE . I dont trust Steph and Triple H running things like Vince did . The guy gave blood but clearly the age is taking over him and i am surprised he has not retired from wrestling business . He knows Stephanie and Triple H will bankrupt this company he hardly trusts them .

Watch MMA i suggest you drop this boring smackdowns .
Heard of how WWE blacklisted Roman? Either Vince is even more of an asshole or he honestly thinks this trick to get Roman over will work....

H

Homelander

Heard of how WWE blacklisted Roman? Either Vince is even more of an asshole or he honestly thinks this trick to get Roman over will work....
I stopped watching since 2015 back then roman was upcoming champ . I remember he has leukemia not sure but he might face long term problem with his medical history ! Its known Vince is big ass . You should watch John Oliver completely exposing WWE in one of his episode , As long as Vince and his clan benefit business it doesn't matter if wrestler die of steroid overdose in long run .

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I stopped watching since 2015 back then roman was upcoming champ . I remember he has leukemia not sure but he might face long term problem with his medical history ! Its known Vince is big ass . You should watch John Oliver completely exposing WWE in one of his episode , As long as Vince and his clan benefit business it doesn't matter if wrestler die of steroid overdose in long run .

I havent watched a full show since like 2012. I havent seen viewed it on cable even a little since 2017. Quality just got that bad. Thank God for YT channels like WrestleTalk.

And yeah Roman had Leukemia and it spiked again in 2019. It puts him at greater risk of Corona. He backed out of their main event at their biggest show for the sake of health.

H

Homelander

I havent watched a full show since like 2012. I havent seen viewed it on cable even a little since 2017. Quality just got that bad. Thank God for YT channels like WrestleTalk.

And yeah Roman had Leukemia and it spiked again in 2019. It puts him at greater risk of Corona. He backed out of their main event at their biggest show for the sake of health.
WWE lost appeal long time ago , there were times wrestler did not last beyond 50 years and right now they still bring back big show , Undertaker , kane because its clear Wrestling is no longer top sport in America . WWE is trying to introduce their market in Asia and Eastern europe .

Russia still has huge following in wrestling , so WWE are going outside of US to recruit India, Russian wrestlers into their entertainment industry that is only way wrestling can survive .

Ya i dont think its good idea for Reigns to fight in WWE with his medical history . Honestly , i know my pop's friend who had leaukmia its really troublesome disease and there is no cure for this thing .

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
WWE lost appeal long time ago , there were times wrestler did not last beyond 50 years and right now they still bring back big show , Undertaker , kane because its clear Wrestling is no longer top sport in America . WWE is trying to introduce their market in Asia and Eastern europe .

Russia still has huge following in wrestling , so WWE are going outside of US to recruit India, Russian wrestlers into their entertainment industry that is only way wrestling can survive .

Ya i dont think its good idea for Reigns to fight in WWE with his medical history . Honestly , i know my pop's friend who had leaukmia its really troublesome disease and there is no cure for this thing .
Wrestling still has a huge following in the West. It's just that WWE is so bad that it fails to attract new fans and the older fans are steadily leaving. In 2015, WWE had a 3.3 average rating. Right now its arouund 1.8 rating.

And 100% on Vince constantly bringing back older guys to boost ratings. Instead of building new stars, he always pushes a select few people and punishes those who get over on their own(he also thinks American fans dont like non American wrestlers).

H

Homelander

Wrestling still has a huge following in the West. It's just that WWE is so bad that it fails to attract new fans and the older fans are steadily leaving. In 2015, WWE had a 3.3 average rating. Right now its arouund 1.8 rating.

And 100% on Vince constantly bringing back older guys to boost ratings. Instead of building new stars, he always pushes a select few people and punishes those who get over on their own(he also thinks American fans dont like non American wrestlers).
WWE really need to get rid of fake storylines and bring back real wrestling . Even in Olympics US team have struggled to win medals in wrestling so the trend is quite worrying . You either hear Eastern europeon guys taking the gold !

You really need young audience to take interest in wrestling , kids thee days just dont talk about it anymore sadly .

I still love wrestling, but I'm one of those fans who hates the WWE Universe itself, and not the creator of the show

Meaning, I am one of those guys who enjoy it when Vince Mcmahon takes a decision that angers the fuck out of those fans

I hate everything those fans stand for about "oh, we should just get 55 hours wrestling match" stupidity... where every wrestler became the same, wearing the same, acting the same... no fucking unique character

Rock, Taker, Shawn, Ric Flair, Stone Cold didn't get fucking huuuuge because they were better wrestlers than the current ones, nor was it because they were in attitude era or before it.... it was because wrestlers, each one, had their own character

- A god of death who create lightening,buries people...Taker
- His brother is at the gate of Hell, Kane
- Dirtiest villain in the game, Flair, with great charismatic mic talk
- His golden boy, Triple H
- A ladies man who will steal your girl, Shawn
- A Legit Drunken badass, Stone Cold
- People's champ, Rock

And so on

And each and everyone had a background on where they came from, how their story began... unlike today, they just come saying the same fucking shit "I'm best wrestler" as if it fucking matter when you're boring character lol

I still love wrestling, but I'm one of those fans who hates the WWE Universe itself, and not the creator of the show

Meaning, I am one of those guys who enjoy it when Vince Mcmahon takes a decision that angers the fuck out of those fans

I hate everything those fans stand for about "oh, we should just get 55 hours wrestling match" stupidity... where every wrestler became the same, wearing the same, acting the same... no fucking unique character

Rock, Taker, Shawn, Ric Flair, Stone Cold didn't get fucking huuuuge because they were better wrestlers than the current ones, nor was it because they were in attitude era or before it.... it was because wrestlers, each one, had their own character

- A god of death who create lightening,buries people...Taker
- His brother is at the gate of Hell, Kane
- Dirtiest villain in the game, Flair, with great charismatic mic talk
- His golden boy, Triple H
- A ladies man who will steal your girl, Shawn
- A Legit Drunken badass, Stone Cold
- People's champ, Rock

And so on

And each and everyone had a background on where they came from, how their story began... unlike today, they just come saying the same fucking shit "I'm best wrestler" as if it fucking matter when you're boring character lol
Right now, WWE is holding the world greatest wrestling match between Edge and Randy on Blacklash. Will it be the greatest wrestling match? Doubt it..
So it not really the fandom fault but if Vince can get a reaction from the fans, etheir negative or positive. He doing his job because fans being silence is failing his job.

For me personally, I can see your point that WWE are lacking wrestlers with a "character" but I think Wwe is just lacking a megastar.

Anyway seem like Kurt Angle will be back with WWE, stupid move Vince..
That gives a chance for Drake Maverick to rejoin too.