Do wrestling suck a days

• Yeah Wrestling is dead with all the regular looking dude doing flips

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Wrestling was always lame as fuck

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Nah I still love wrestling

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
It's not looking good for Scott Hall. Hope he recovers real soon. One of those wrestlers that were surprisingly not world champions despite his look, charisma & wrestling ability
Post automatically merged:

Man, Kevin Nash just said Scott Hall will be put off life support once his family is together. Just damn
Post automatically merged:

Damn, they actually still used his current theme. Also, he has his last name back! Lol

Last edited:
@Kerkovian @NikaInParis

I was going to ask you.

What MJF has to do in your eyes in terms of wrestling/promos/building his character so he won't be wasted and heavily welcomed in WWE by the time 2024 arrives?
Wrestling - just more frequent matches where he will focus on showing his character through the match psychology. Amd being safe overall.

Promos - he's already amongst the elite in this regard. Maybe just try different topics and cadences to see what sticks. He can afford to make a few mistakes since he's great on the mic

The two most important things for him in WWE are to be secure on the mic (already is) and be a safe and at least average wrestler in-ring. Everything else can be helped with the WWE machine at his back

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Wrestling - just more frequent matches where he will focus on showing his character through the match psychology. Amd being safe overall.

Promos - he's already amongst the elite in this regard. Maybe just try different topics and cadences to see what sticks. He can afford to make a few mistakes since he's great on the mic

The two most important things for him in WWE are to be secure on the mic (already is) and be a safe and at least average wrestler in-ring. Everything else can be helped with the WWE machine at his back
Oh, yeah. The Mic game/promos or whatever we want to call it, he has it figured out. In terms of wrestling, I don't mind his safe working type of deal, it's okay but he needs to big up his game in the wrestling department. Safe working doesn't mean you can't be better, there are a lot of wrestlers who have classic wrestling moves and can put up a 5 Star match.

I haven't seen MJF wrestle that much but from what I saw, I would say he is okay but on the borders of being mediocre. Also the pussy heel stuff, you know I hate it, make him heel, have heelish behaviors but stop this pussy heel stuff. I hate it!

"Everything else can be helped with the WWE machine at his back" I heavily agree. He can do wonders there.

2024 RR? Or later?

Oh, yeah. The Mic game/promos or whatever we want to call it, he has it figured out. In terms of wrestling, I don't mind his safe working type of deal, it's okay but he needs to big up his game in the wrestling department. Safe working doesn't mean you can't be better, there are a lot of wrestlers who have classic wrestling moves and can put up a 5 Star match.

I haven't seen MJF wrestle that much but from what I saw, I would say he is okay but on the borders of being mediocre. Also the pussy heel stuff, you know I hate it, make him heel, have heelish behaviors but stop this pussy heel stuff. I hate it!

"Everything else can be helped with the WWE machine at his back" I heavily agree. He can do wonders there.

2024 RR? Or later?
What I mean by safe is don't be reckless. Don't do moves you're not sure you can perform safe every time. Some wrestlers can do 10 piledrivers in a row and never hurt anyone, yet others will try it one time and paralyze someone.

Even if he limits his moveset, his matches can be great as you said. It's all in psychology.

Imo I could see him in 2024, tho even if it's later I wouldn't mind. He's crazy young so he's got time

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
What I mean by safe is don't be reckless. Don't do moves you're not sure you can perform safe every time. Some wrestlers can do 10 piledrivers in a row and never hurt anyone, yet others will try it one time and paralyze someone.

Even if he limits his moveset, his matches can be great as you said. It's all in psychology.

Imo I could see him in 2024, tho even if it's later I wouldn't mind. He's crazy young so he's got time
I hope he goes ham on his run-up until the 2024 contract ends and moves to WWE.

Ngl, there is one line he is correct about. The fact that AEW seems kinda dead if he's not on the show. You can only do "as much" with pure wrestling performances. MJF is growing out to be a pure performer for WWE standards.

@Seth
Idk if I already mentioned this once, but I watch wrestling 90% for the promos and segments. And if those are exceptionally great I'll watch the whole following match.

Which is why I like MJF and his mic work. Amd which is why I live that Rollins has become such an all around amazing performer. Double that for Roman. This Bloodline storyline is some of the most fun entertainment on TV.

Btw, how long have you been watching wrestling? Who was/were your favs when you began?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
@Seth
Idk if I already mentioned this once, but I watch wrestling 90% for the promos and segments. And if those are exceptionally great I'll watch the whole following match.

Which is why I like MJF and his mic work. Amd which is why I live that Rollins has become such an all around amazing performer. Double that for Roman. This Bloodline storyline is some of the most fun entertainment on TV.

Btw, how long have you been watching wrestling? Who was/were your favs when you began?
1. For me it's kinda similar especially when the person behind promos is someone great although if there is a top-notch promo and the match is ass I might be disappointed.

2. I watched Seth ever since his NXT run up until now, no wonder he is my favorite wrestler. He grew so much. Amazing wrestler and mic skills, everything I ever wanted. The Bloodline storyline is amazing, I would only improve in regards to Roman's writing, he needs to stop winning by interferences, go back to the terminator Roman, even since Bloodline started he's winning by interferences which takes away from his terminator build. Sami Zayn in the Bloodline is fucking hilarious, I haven't seen a heel ( Roman ) break characters as many times as ever since Sami joined, he's pure entertainment.

3. My first experience with WWE/wrestling was in 2007 but I started wholeheartedly following it in 2009.

1. For me it's kinda similar especially when the person behind promos is someone great although if there is a top-notch promo and the match is ass I might be disappointed.

2. I watched Seth ever since his NXT run up until now, no wonder he is my favorite wrestler. He grew so much. Amazing wrestler and mic skills, everything I ever wanted. The Bloodline storyline is amazing, I would only improve in regards to Roman's writing, he needs to stop winning by interferences, go back to the terminator Roman, even since Bloodline started he's winning by interferences which takes away from his terminator build. Sami Zayn in the Bloodline is fucking hilarious, I haven't seen a heel ( Roman ) break characters as many times as ever since Sami joined, he's pure entertainment.

3. My first experience with WWE/wrestling was in 2007 but I started wholeheartedly following it in 2009.
I started around 2009/10 also, during the Cena/Orton feud. It began airing in my country as a sort of 1 hour highlight reel of what happened during the week. Kid me was a Cena stan from the get go lmao

And as I've grown up I'm glad Cena was somebody I liked the whole time. SuperCena aside, the guy is a top dude in and out of the ring

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I started around 2009/10 also, during the Cena/Orton feud. It began airing in my country as a sort of 1 hour highlight reel of what happened during the week. Kid me was a Cena stan from the get go lmao

And as I've grown up I'm glad Cena was somebody I liked the whole time. SuperCena aside, the guy is a top dude in and out of the ring
I agree, Cena is a living legend. That feud between him and Randy, jesus man... One of the best feuds in history, the emotion, and promos. You can't replicate that.

I fucking hate marks in wrestling because they started this SuperCena shit imho. I could understand Cena shouldn't be highlighted as much but when you look at it, bruh. There was literally no one else, people have this momentary excitement about superstars. OH, HE SHOULD WIN AND LEAD OH NOW HE SHOULD OH IMMA SPERM OH OH.

The best and prime example why marks should not be fed with what they want is Hangman Adam Page. His route to the AEW title was one of the finest storylines in recent years, dude who won the title become bland as fuck, and lost it to a part-timer because no one was interested in his character anymore.

The only time there was an actual underdog of the underdogs who run on the help from wwe fans and actually deserved it was Daniel Bryan vs Authority.

Funnily enough, Cena himself realized that and put him over during Summerslam. What do people need more? Fucking assholes.

In my honest opinion, despite all SuperCena bullshit marks cried about, I think John deserved to end the Undertaker streak for everything he did for WWE.

I agree, Cena is a living legend. That feud between him and Randy, jesus man... One of the best feuds in history, the emotion, and promos. You can't replicate that.

I fucking hate marks in wrestling because they started this SuperCena shit imho. I could understand Cena shouldn't be highlighted as much but when you look at it, bruh. There was literally no one else, people have this momentary excitement about superstars. OH, HE SHOULD WIN AND LEAD OH NOW HE SHOULD OH IMMA SPERM OH OH.

The best and prime example why marks should not be fed with what they want is Hangman Adam Page. His route to the AEW title was one of the finest storylines in recent years, dude who won the title become bland as fuck, and lost it to a part-timer because no one was interested in his character anymore.

The only time there was an actual underdog of the underdogs who run on the help from wwe fans and actually deserved it was Daniel Bryan vs Authority.

Funnily enough, Cena himself realized that and put him over during Summerslam. What do people need more? Fucking assholes.

In my honest opinion, despite all SuperCena bullshit marks cried about, I think John deserved to end the Undertaker streak for everything he did for WWE.
Man, skinhead Orton was next kevel heel at that time and during his HHH feud.

I agree, fans jump on bandwagons too quickly and just want to book their favorites like Hardcore Holly wanted to book himself - "And then I beat everybody!"

Cena had to wait years for his first world title. Had to go through a gimmick change. Was almost cut because he was too bland etc.

Hangman's storyline was good and all but who is he at the end of the day? He drinks beer? And? So did Austin. But Austin was also anti establishment, no nonsense. Hangman was just ... there.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Man, skinhead Orton was next kevel heel at that time and during his HHH feud.

I agree, fans jump on bandwagons too quickly and just want to book their favorites like Hardcore Holly wanted to book himself - "And then I beat everybody!"

Cena had to wait years for his first world title. Had to go through a gimmick change. Was almost cut because he was too bland etc.

Hangman's storyline was good and all but who is he at the end of the day? He drinks beer? And? So did Austin. But Austin was also anti establishment, no nonsense. Hangman was just ... there.
That's why I'm more patient when it comes to the main titles, although Roman has both which complicates the cause.

AEW is more well packed/better designed PWG.

@Seth
On the topic of AEW - how closely do you follow it?

I tried watching Dynamite on three separate ocassions, just to give them a chance. And every time the same thing happens - constant and blatant Fed=bad from performers who, sometimes, were never even with WWE.

If only they focused on creating their own identity on their own merits it would at least make it watchable for me. As it is now I only watch MJF clips and ofc botches of all kinds

@Kerkovian @NikaInParis

I was going to ask you.

What MJF has to do in your eyes in terms of wrestling/promos/building his character so he won't be wasted and heavily welcomed in WWE by the time 2024 arrives?
I think he has to give more effort on wrestling since he already is a great talker but he should resort to something different than personal attacks\berating other wrestlers and the crowd. His character may not work entirely in WWE like it worked in AEW so some tweaks here and there maybe will do him good. WWE Crowd is a different build man. Sometimes they don't give much attention to one's mic skills and prioritize wrestling skils, sometimes decent wrestling skill doesn't matter and they want good talks.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
@Seth
On the topic of AEW - how closely do you follow it?

I tried watching Dynamite on three separate ocassions, just to give them a chance. And every time the same thing happens - constant and blatant Fed=bad from performers who, sometimes, were never even with WWE.

If only they focused on creating their own identity on their own merits it would at least make it watchable for me. As it is now I only watch MJF clips and ofc botches of all kinds
I'm trying to keep up with the highlights for the Dynamite/Rampage and if time allows it I watch the PPVs. I never stayed up at night to watch the weekly episode tho. I mostly do what you mentioned which is MJF clips lmao.

Agree about what you said lol. I would also 90% of the time when some ex-WWE wrestler is in the title picture/big feud, they will shoot a promo about how they love wrestling and its fans but they couldn't bloom back in WWE ( yes I'm looking at you Bryan, Mox ):smoothieduck:

I think he has to give more effort on wrestling since he already is a great talker but he should resort to something different than personal attacks\berating other wrestlers and the crowd. His character may not work entirely in WWE like it worked in AEW so some tweaks here and there maybe will do him good. WWE Crowd is a different build man. Sometimes they don't give much attention to one's mic skills and prioritize wrestling skils, sometimes decent wrestling skill doesn't matter and they want good talks.
Oh, yeah I agree. He has to big up his wrestling game, he doesn't have to charge for flips or stage diving, just big up ur classic wrestling game.