Questions & Mysteries WTF is Yamato?

Is Yamato a man or a woman?

• Man

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Woman

Votes: 112 88.2%

• Total voters
🧐 did you forget to add /s?
no, there's no actual statistical proof of it. People just make the correlation for reasons

it was the same shit for transition surgery, like 4 years ago they used to say it would help decrease suicide rates and nowadays we know it aint true. People just try to connect dots to make sense of stuff

with that being said don't be a dick to other people regardless if they will kill themselves or not

How could I even consider the idea that discrimination, significantly lower employment, rejection from families and pairs, higher odds of suffering violence, etc. increases suicidal ideation? People are happy that way, certainly.
people made the same assumption about transition surgery and they were wrong.

At the end of the day is fucking low to pull the "people will die" shit in an argument. tasteless af

It's obvious that many people who behave so aggressively against Yamato's issue are transphobic. Nobody acts so defensive towards something that doesn't affect them deeply.
I think Oda himself is the problem here.
The only respectable trans character is Kiku if I'm not mistaken?
Then you have the Okama which look like monsters. Not a good look tbh.
And he made such a poor job of actually showing if Yamato's indeed trans or not.

Cause despite Yamato identifying as a man, Oda does a poor job of portraying that by over sexualising her, and the Oden stuff... The only reason she says she's a man is because Oden was a man, so she's literally only imitating Oden and not because she herself identifies as a man.

If we considered dying of hunger every single day the standard for real issues we wouldn't have advanced as a society at all, just the bare minimum. We would still have slavery, belittle mental health, etc. because, you know, at least we wouldn't dye of hunger every single day.
Mental health issues never existed outside our modern societies fyi
And you really think slavery has been abolished
:saden:

Luckily humankind has smart people capable of carrying dimwits like you throughout progress
I'm very fortunate for their efforts, hopefully they can find a carriage big enough to carry your gibberish

:risitavirus:

people made the same assumption about transition surgery and they were wrong.

At the end of the day is fucking low to pull the "people will die" shit in an argument. tasteless af
I'm pulling no argument but painting a reality. The real, actual data is there; if you think such systematic discrimination doesn't correlate with their suicide rates then you're blind to their suffering.

And seriously, I'm not buying this crap anymore. I've already known of trans people killing themselves, being rejected by their whole social environment, having significant trouble to find jobs, suffering violence (both verbal and physical) and so. I don't need a random dumbass from the Internet to neglect the reality I face or talking about "assumptions" as if this was an opinion.

Call me tasteless if that helps you ignoring the discomfort of playing an active part in the reality of people suffering to the point of suicide just for who they are. I chose to do what I can to help against it, you choose whatever you want; I don't give a damn.

I'm pulling no argument but painting a reality. The real, actual data is there; if you think such systematic discrimination doesn't correlate with their suicide rates then you're blind to their suffering.
Again, there's literally no data that connects transphobia with their high suicide rates.

Men apparently are oppressor's yet they have higher suicide rates than women, mental issues are a lot more complex than what you are describing.