Character Discussion Yamato doesn't deserve as much hate as she gets

Don’t hate Yamato, I just don’t see a point to her character after wano. I get she can ride in Luffys ship but once she does, what’s her character going to be? She’s fighting her great enemy right now in Kaido, her character has less room to grow.

She’s great for Wano, but going forward she needs a goal to find, an enemy to overcome. Otherwise she will just be a cheerleader until the story ends which would be a disservice to her as she’s currently shown a very strong and willful individual

Banchi

yawn-together
Why you crying for ?
You're a fucking loser who tried insult his looks and got bodied
Now you're throwing your toys out the pram cause you getting laughed at
Yeah I'm totally doing that. I know that tactic. Mostly something kids or those with the mentality of a kid like to do to "win" something
Post automatically merged:

Finally you mentioned something entertaining.
Post TS Zoro is at least 1 infinity times better character than Yamatrash and he's not even that great
Post TS anything is trash honestly

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Yeah I'm totally doing that. I know that tactic. Mostly something kids or those with the mentality of a kid like to do to "win" something
What kind of mentality tries to attack someone they don't knows looks instead of addressing the point he made
A fucking loser that's what.

How many times has Luffy said "I am the man who's going to become the Pirate King"? Thing is... Luffy was inspired to become the Pirate King by the execution of Gol D Roger, the only man who ever became Pirate King. Luffy is: trying to conquer the Grand Line and get the One Piece, trained by Roger's first mate, wearing Roger's straw hat, on a ship made by someone trained by Roger's shipwright, with a swordsman first mate.

Luffy is doing a better job imitating Roger than Yamato is of imitating Oden. The only difference is that Yamato is more aware of her obsession, and that makes people uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Kingfisher

The Green Sniper
I personally like Yamato as a character but from what I saw a lot of people have a weird understanding of what Yamato represents as a character. I'll try to address to the best of my abilities why I think Yamato doesn't deserve that much hate.

1. I am Kozuki Oden

This one is the biggest one and I always felt people neglected one core part of Yamato which is that Yamato is the victim of abuse ever since she was a kid.

Put yourself into Yamato's shoes. You are born to Kaido, destruction incarnate, your whole life is nothing but seeing people die and suffer just because your father is strong and believes he can have his way with things. That same person ordained you will be what he wants you to be totally throwing away your desire and your freedom. That is your shitty childhood.

Until you saw death of Oden.

Oden represented a figure Yamato desperately needed in her life. A father
Oden represented free will that Kaido took away from Yamato
Oden represented power used to protect people rather than destroying.
Oden represented love and care Kaido never gave Yamato

Imagine yourself, a kid of 8 years - seeing that. Imagine how starstruck you would be. Everything in your life in front of you - and then taken away by the same person that torments you.

Yamato suffered immensely, she wanted to be like Oden, she wanted power to protect, power to have free will, power to make your own choices. She swore to be like Oden, to represent him fully. Combined with Trauma she suffered Yamato developed an Oden complex to keep herself alive.

She took a beating after beating and her spirit never wavered because she truly believed it is her destiny to carry on Oden's legacy.

But where does Yamato go after that?

Well I personally believe that by the end of the arc Yamato will refer to herself as Yamato rather than Oden. She will fulfil her role and duty and once that is done she will not need to be Oden anymore.

2. Yamato's power level

One of the things I noticed is that with every chapter where Yamato shows more power the hate for her grows. Inferiority complex strikes and certain people feel the need to bash the character in order to save their own fav characters. Name calling ensues and a deep and saddening hate starts. Bar Sanji and Zoro i haven't seen such hate regarding someone's power in a long time.

Then there is people saying Yamato being that strong is BS.
Well that is absurdly wrong. We literally learned through out One Piece that person grows most in power when faced with Life and Death.

Yamato literally faced Kaido for god knows how many times, 1 on 1. Beating after beating. Her power level makes absolute sense and we didn't even yet see her ultimate attack and she managed to put Kaido on his knees.

So IMO i think people are just insecure when it comes to Yamato's power level and they feel the need to bash her to feel better.

Overall I think people bash Yamato without truly looking deep into her character. I've rarely saw a criticism that I can consider valid. Most is just screaming into the wind with little to no care to understand the character
Her Oden gags always pisses me off. She can't even complete a sentence without mentioning "oden" in it. She and scabbards are the reasons I have started hating Oden.

Banchi

yawn-together
Anonymity is something that destitutes identity crisis and delusion which is an internet staple unfortunately. You saying someone is a dog shit character for that while desperate enough to post your selfie on a forum is what led me to take that jab. Also the way you present yourself is gross

Lmfao loser why the fuck you trying to justify it
You tried call him ugly and he responded what does that have to do with any point made
Tf you trying to take the moral high ground here for testicleface
Honestly youre just annoying in general. I love that you decided to involve yourself

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Anonymity is something that destitutes identity crisis and delusion which is an internet staple unfortunately. You saying someone is a dog shit character for that while desperate enough to post your selfie on a forum is what led me to take that jab. Also the way you present yourself is gross

Honestly youre just annoying in general. I love that you decided to involve yourself
I didn't. You tagged me. I just laughed

Banchi

yawn-together
@HA001
Seems like this testicle faced fatty is just vomiting words out at this point. What does being confident in my sexy ass beard and hair and showing it have to do with delusional and identity crisis?

How why?
What does posting selfie have to do with Yamatrashs identity crisis?

You jealous of my hair style?
Im not taking the effort to separate that, but what I just said completely blew over your head. Naturally