Character Discussion Yamato doesn't deserve as much hate as she gets

Listen instead of good writting character we got a fanservice character that is also supports this political message, while OP is not like that. We love Nami and Robin not because of stupid fanservice. Like Ulti is much much better character and would be much better if Yamato was just Ulti, defeated (or not) by Luffy and decided to join crew of man who defeated her. While Yamato's character overall is trash. If Oda fixed her, maybe I will accept her, while right now I don't.

She is the very definition of a Mary Sue

She is obnoxious af

She is a random shoehorned in character that Oda just pulled out of his ass

She is boring and in no way enhanced the story, in fact her bullshit dragged the story out even longer than necessary

I honestly hated her to a point that if she joined the SH crew I'd stop reading, and I've read for years and muddled through lots of Oda's BS. However; her joining would have been too much for me to accept. I honestly hope she gets killed off. idc who that pisses off.

am Kozuki Oden

This one is the biggest one and I always felt people neglected one core part of Yamato which is that Yamato is the victim of abuse ever since she was a kid.

Put yourself into Yamato's shoes. You are born to Kaido, destruction incarnate, your whole life is nothing but seeing people die and suffer just because your father is strong and believes he can have his way with things. That same person ordained you will be what he wants you to be totally throwing away your desire and your freedom. That is your shitty childhood.

Until you saw death of Oden.

Oden represented a figure Yamato desperately needed in her life. A father
Oden represented free will that Kaido took away from Yamato
Oden represented power used to protect people rather than destroying.
Oden represented love and care Kaido never gave Yamato

Imagine yourself, a kid of 8 years - seeing that. Imagine how starstruck you would be. Everything in your life in front of you - and then taken away by the same person that torments you.

Yamato suffered immensely, she wanted to be like Oden, she wanted power to protect, power to have free will, power to make your own choices. She swore to be like Oden, to represent him fully. Combined with Trauma she suffered Yamato developed an Oden complex to keep herself alive.

She took a beating after beating and her spirit never wavered because she truly believed it is her destiny to carry on Oden's legacy.

But where does Yamato go after that?

Well I personally believe that by the end of the arc Yamato will refer to herself as Yamato rather than Oden. She will fulfil her role and duty and once that is done she will not need to be Oden anymore
I wanted to be like flash because he was so fast and cool and used to love red rangers in power rangers back when I was a kid BUT I grew up. Yamato should grow up to. She's not Oden, she can idolize Oden but she's gotta realize she's not Oden

Remove Yamato from the story and absolutely nothing of value is lost. She was yet another unnecessary character in an already bloated cast that ate up valuable screen time from far more important characters. She was such a shoehorned nothing burger that she didn't even add anything to Kaido. You'd think the main antagonist having a daughter might be a major plot point of the arc that opens up the character further but nope, their relationship basically doesn't exist. Nothing. If it weren't for the audience being directly told that they are related, you wouldn't think these two were parent and child.

I like Yamato in general, I don't think "I'm Oden" thing is a problem limited to Yamato alone, it's something been going on in one piece ever since the TS.

Oda knows a huge portion of his fan-base is underage children who likes whatever line a character repeatedly say over and over
You're a fucking dumbass. Infact you're a clown lmao 🤡
Post automatically merged:

Yamato is amazing. She doesn't deserve any hate.
You like koby :whitepress:

So basically if you like Yamato despite being critical you are a simp. That is some heavy generalizaton and outright rotten mentalityti have.
He's right tho. Lmao
Looks like he stroke a nerve 😂😂

Thank you. Someone gets it

Yamatos entire character is about finding herself, something she was never allowed to do bcs of Kaido
Did she find herself already?:gokulaugh:

Last edited:
Two issues with yamato - Oden thing and not joining SHs crew when it was clearly build up to that.

But how many female characters are as strong as her in OP? How many female characters can use adv coc? Two? And even then BM rarely used adv coc.

You're a fucking dumbass. Infact you're a clown lmao 🤡

You like koby :whitepress:

He's right tho. Lmao
Looks like he stroke a nerve 😂😂

Did she find herself already?:gokulaugh:
Yamato :"I've decided to stop dreaming about being oden"
Momonosuke :"that's great Yamato"
Yamato :" now I want to be strawhat luffy! "

Two issues with yamato - Oden thing and not joining SHs crew when it was clearly build up to that.

But how many female characters are as strong as her in OP? How many female characters can use adv coc? Two? And even then BM rarely used adv coc.
Pretty much. Bar her Oden obsession, she's not that bad of a character.

And her build-up of trying to join the Strawhats to NOT end up with the Strawhats was retarded. I don't know what's up with Oda's thinking nowadays. Either stick it up with your decision now that you've done it or not make the build-up in the first place lol.

I wish she didnt exist. Think how much cooler Oda could have mad Kanjuro riding a dark cloud. ;(
missed opportunity

Also fuck the Headliners, annoying ass fodder

The only good parts of the arc were the Flying 6 fights and the big 3 ones as well. Also make Queen actually threatening lol.

Remove Yamato from the story and absolutely nothing of value is lost. She was yet another unnecessary character in an already bloated cast that ate up valuable screen time from far more important characters. She was such a shoehorned nothing burger that she didn't even add anything to Kaido. You'd think the main antagonist having a daughter might be a major plot point of the arc that opens up the character further but nope, their relationship basically doesn't exist. Nothing. If it weren't for the audience being directly told that they are related, you wouldn't think these two were parent and child.
But then who will Ace fans ship him with retrocatively after his death?

Nah, I'm into kinky stuff so a gag, some handcuffs and plenty of other stuff (especially when used for a good purpose) are always welcome. Plus she'll eventually start moaning, with a gag you can hear the half assed moans, with the earplugs you can't.
Bro theres children on this site chill