Character Discussion Yamato is Stronger Than King

How does Yamato compare to King?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was disagreeing that Kaido’s crew was perfectly ranked according to Hierarchy right now and that because of that Yamato isn’t automatically below King for not being his right hand.

My best argument for her being above King or his near equal is Sanji. We saw base Yamato and Ulti & we saw RS Sanji (with no DJ) and Page 1. Yes Ulti got caught blindsided and Page 1 saw it coming but at worst that puts her and Sanji looking comprable.

If Sanji is beating Queen he’s likely pretty close to King if not stronger. But even if we want to be safe and say that he’s just in between them then that’s Yamato’s likely floor. I’m not trying to convince you Yamato > King. Just that at worst it’s got to be very close.
Yeah i can see where you are coming from and i can see that.

I was just saying that Yamato shouldn't be considered among Kaido's crew hierarchy since she's not really a part of the crew, being locked away and all.

I'm still waiting for Yamato to go all out. And her performance against Kaido can change everything.

Yamato comparable to King may not be too farfetched since Yamato did say that she wanted to fight her own father. She must know how strong Kaido is to be even thinking of challenging him. Therefore her strength should also be quite formidable. I bet her devil fruit will play a big part in that.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Its noting above a mid diff. Its probably going to be similar to all these situations before Luffy or Zoro comes in. They look like they are doing something, do their ultimate move. Kaido gets up then slaps her makes a speech then Luffy randomly comes out of nowhere punched or kicks Kaido
I think it would be a solid medium difficulty fight.

I think it's more likely that Yamato pushes Kaido to high difficulty than that Kaido treats her the way he did Act 1 Luffy.

But neither high difficulty and above or low difficulty and below are scenarios I consider likely.

She will not push Kaido harder than Luffy did Cin, and that was already barely a mid diff.
She will not push Kaido harder than Luffy in his final fight. There's nothing restricting her from pushing Kaido farther than Chapter 1010 Luffy did.

Chapter 1010 Luffy vs Kaido was an upper-medium difficulty fight.

Anyway, Yamato is not getting low diffed by Kaido.

Oda is not going to build up Yamato vs Kaido for over a year and 35+ chapters for Kaido to low diff Yamato when it happens. Not for a combatant as formidable as Yamato.

Luffy could get no diffed in his first round because he was fighting Kaido multiple times (he just lost Round 4), Yamato will only get one solo Round vs Kaido, so the fight will count.

But yamato isn't actually going to beat kaido. Just like Viola and Rebecca in dressrosa, she's just going to stall until Luffy gets there. She doesn't need to be stronger than king to do that, she's kaido's daughter. He isn't going to kill her, at least not easily.
Stalling implies not damaging or putting up an actual fight. I disagree. There's no way Rebecca nor Viola could stand up to Doflamingo, unlike Yamato who can most likely.

She is probably in the huge gap between YCs and Vets/F6 lvl or at best close to Jack’s lvl and I’m pushing and being generous lol.

her fight against Kaido is gonna be an emotion kind of fight nothing more and will serve as a FB start point for both characters.

her fight against Kaido is at best lower half of low diff depending on her CoO and reaction speed to dodge Kaido’s attacks that’s before getting stomped by him and saved by Luffy.

Cinera let’s not make this thread age badly like the others lol much love the mate.
Agree.:catsure::kaimoji:

Certainly, Yamato is more important to the Onigashima/Wano arcthan Brook is.

That doesn’t make her more important than Brook. Only time will be able to answer that. Brook had his own arc where he was the focus, had multiple chapters named after him in it, and has been around a lot longer.

Brook has longevity, if Yamato joins the Strawhats and continues to have the same level of focus throughout the series, she’ll be more important than Brook is. As things stand, she isn’t.
Brook has been highly unimportant to the story as a whole. Yamato completely overtakes him there via the book, knowing Ace etc..

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
There are some interpretations for that scene.
1. He was scared.
2. He was surprised. (maybe he didn't know she had a DF).
3. He was in disbelief that she would fight seriously by transforming.

Remember that Sasaki himself was also in base form during all that moment.
Sasaki was shocked several times during his dealings with Yamato.

Yamato casually swings her club and strikes Sasaki's subordinate with Ryuo:

Sasaki is shown to be alarmed and sweating:

When Yamato bares her fangs at him, he seems concerned:

Then Yamato oneshots the Number:

Sasaki is shocked and sweating:

Reviewing the fight, Sasaki's reactions whenever Yamato actually fought back (and wasn't just using her body as a meat shield) was some combination of worry, fear, surprise and shock.

It seems clear to me that Sasaki was seriously underestimating Yamato.

@Garp the Fist.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kidd and Law have been hyped far harder and for far longer. How well did they do against Kaido?
  • Kidd and Law do not share the same relationship with Kaido that Yamato does.
  • Kidd and Law did not have the same story with Kaido that Yamato does.
  • Kidd and Law did not fight Kaido in a 1 vs 1.
  • Kidd and Law are fighting Big Mom.

I mean if you're confident that Kaido low diffs Yamato, I'm willing to bet against it.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Jinbe was awesome against Big Mom as well...
Man, why are you even participating in this thread? You've done nothing but make random off-topic comments about Sanji and Jimbe.

This is not a thread about Yamato and Sanji or Yamato and Jimbe. They are completely irrelevant and have no bearing on the thread. It's actually pissing me off to see you repeatedly comment without actually engaging with the thread.

I know you believe in the Monster Trio and all, but this isn't a next nakama thread. Yamato hasn't actually joined the Strawhats, so trying to use the Strawhats to powerscale her makes no sense.

Man, why are you even participating in this thread? You've done nothing but make random off-topic comments about Sanji and Jimbe.

This is not a thread about Yamato and Sanji or Yamato and Jimbe. They are completely irrelevant and have no bearing on the thread. It's actually pissing me off to see you repeatedly comment without actually engaging with the thread.

I know you believe in the Monster Trio and all, but this isn't a next nakama thread. Yamato hasn't actually joined the Strawhats, so trying to use the Strawhats to powerscale her makes no sense.
Come one. Don't lie to yourself. And stop talking about repeating. You are repeating the wall of texts with the same images and the same goal in multiple threads

PS
I am not a believer, I am a realist.

Last edited: