Questions & Mysteries Zoro being a King confirms that Zoro parallels Rayleigh as the Dark King of the New Generation

Zoro is for Luffy what Rayleigh was for Roger. Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 107 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.3%

• Total voters
Was this ever in doubt? If anything, I would argue that Rayleigh was designed as Zoro’s counterpart in the past generation.

Oda is very deliberate in setting up parallel relationships/counterparts. Anytime an antagonist/rival has one close associate/partner, that is always a Zoro counterpart.

Smoker - Tashigi
Crocodile - Mr.1
Lucci - Kaku
Coby - Helmpo
Kidd - Killer

There is basically no instance where an antagonist has a Nami or Sanji counterpart without there being a Zoro counterpart. The only one that doesn’t fit this structure is Law and Bepo.

Roger and Rayleigh is just an extension of this pattern. It’s clear that Oda intends readers to understand Zoro is Luffy’s partner. Which is why people should have saw Zoro’s COC reveal coming a mile away.

Well, I don't think so.
Rayleigh was crazily strong and a Conqueror, so he was very close and comparable to Roger's strength. That's why he is called Dark King.

Just like Zoro is crazily strong and a Conqueror, so he is very close and comparable to his captain's level of strength.
He is way above Luffy. That's why I'm asking if Rayleigh is also stronger than Roger.

Captain and vice captain/right hand/first mate/second strongest: always together

Official first mate

Could very well be the captain

Protect the captain from the strongest enemies

Visually speculars*

*Also both Conquerors, both swordsmen, both alcohol drinkers, both stoic badass guys who act instead than talk.

Is this enough or there's still someone who dares to argue against the blatant evidence?
Luffy&Zoro will surpass Roger/Raeligh

Luffy has df power (which Roger didnt have) and Zoro has 3 blades (Raeligh 1 and he is remember just as the first mate - Zoro will be remeber also as the WSS)
:kata: