Character Discussion Zoro does kill on panel. Proof and Evidence.

is it natural for Zoro to kill ?

• Total voters
Can you not see the differences between the two translations and understand some interpretation is going on?
Neither "Zoro" is in the raw that they put it in the previous translation, nor "pirate hunter" that they are putting in this translation.
I don't see kill anywhere in the raw, but again if someone that speaks Japanese can explain the portion that means kill I will happily concede this as Hacchi not understanding the situation and over exaggerating for gag purposes.
:nicagesmile:

Can you not see the differences between the two translations and understand some interpretation is going on?
Neither "Zoro" is in the raw that they put it in the previous translation, nor "pirate hunter" that they are putting in this translation.
I don't see kill anywhere in the raw, but again if someone that speaks Japanese can explain the portion that means kill I will happily concede this as Hacchi not understanding the situation and over exaggerating for gag purposes.
Do you have the raw

Here's the raw

Post automatically merged:

Zoro is in the raw

I dont know enough Japanese to confirm if Kill is in there too tho

Last edited:
Yes ,And in the official wiz translation its only mentioned once in the right panel so it add up.

:cheers:

Did Zoro already kill ? Yep

Can he do it again ? Yep

Will he do it again ? Yep

Will he kill some major antagonists or some named character ? Never

Will he behead someone on screen ? Never except if the guy can grow an other head back or has hax counter
We see about the last two in the future
:goyea:
But points still stands Zoro has no problem with killing he killed on panel multiple times.

Hacchi said korosu once, in relation to him saying I (ore ga) won't let (zoro) get away and that he will Kill (zoro).
I.e. the same line as "I'd have scuppered that blasted Pirate Hunter".
scuppered = kill?
:milaugh:
thats desperate

You dont know exactly what hes saying.

youre literally assuming even though you dont know, The only things we know are
1. We have the viz translation which says he killed
2. In the viz version the word kill only written once. In the raw the word kill only written once at least. So it adds up
3. Viz translation > Your translation. And its not even close

At this point you are just denying obvious facts because it doesnt suit you agenda which is honestly kinda sad.

You make people go through effort to give you all the proof in the world and you still refuse to admit. Oda himself could tell you Zoro does kill on panel and you would tell him no.

scuppered = kill?
:milaugh:
thats desperate

You dont know exactly what hes saying.

youre literally assuming even though you dont know, The only things we know are
1. We have the viz translation which says he killed
2. In the viz version the word kill only written once. In the raw the word kill only written once at least. So it adds up
3. Viz translation > Your translation. And its not even close

At this point you are just denying obvious facts because it doesnt suit you agenda which is honestly kinda sad.

You make people go through effort to give you all the proof in the world and you still refuse to admit. Oda himself could tell you Zoro does kill on panel and you would tell him no.
Scuppered means among other things to sink someones ship and kill them so yes.
It's stylized dialogue, as is Hacchi's original Japanese dialogue being somewhat effected due to his low IQ.

You are ignoring there are two sentences the second one is relating to HACHI's ACTIONS (ore ga) and THAT is the one that uses Korosu.

This is my last post about this bit of dialogue unless someone who knows Japanese explains the word indicating "kill" in the FIRST sentence.

@EtenBoby We need a native speaker here! Please!!
@EtenBoby if you would please translate the other panels so we get it out of the way and see if zoro killed on panel at all, (whiskey peak, Arlong park, Magistrate )

and thanks either way

Edit: nvm on whisey peak because i dont think we have the raw panel unless someone can share it with us

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I guess this discussion came up cause i said i cant believe Zoro is killing Kaido.

But my argument never was he hasnt killed before or wasnt able to kill. But my argument was, if Luffy decides not to kill, what he has done always before and Oda stated Luffy wont kill, Zoro wont step above Luffys decision. Thats why Zoro will never kill a main antagonist.

I guess this discussion came up cause i said i cant believe Zoro is killing Kaido.

But my argument never was he hasnt killed before or wasnt able to kill. But my argument was, if Luffy decides not to kill, what he has done always before and Oda stated Luffy wont kill, Zoro wont step above Luffys decision. Thats why Zoro will never kill a main antagonist.
No, it wasnt , It was because alot of people(including you) believe that zoro wouldnt kill because its not in the nature of the straw hats.

But point still stands, Why would luffy stop him from killing kaido if he never showed that he doesnt like Zoro killing when Zoro killed multiple times, Luffy never stopped Zoro from killing. Unless you think that Luffy is ok with Zoro killing hundreds of fodder. But is not okay with Zoro killing kaido who is much more evil and dangerous?

Luffy never cared if Zoro kills, Unless you can disprove this claim then it stands.

Obviously if theoretically speaking luffy stops him then sure he wouldnt kill. But what if Zoro had to kill him? Luffy wouldnt stop him.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
No, it wasnt , It was because alot of people(including you) believe that zoro wouldnt kill because its not in the nature of the straw hats.

But point still stands, Why would luffy stop him from killing kaido if he never showed that he doesnt like Zoro killing when Zoro killed multiple times, Luffy never stopped Zoro from killing. Unless you think that Luffy is ok with Zoro killing hundreds of fodder. But is not okay with Zoro killing kaido who is much more evil and dangerous?

Luffy never cared if Zoro kills, Unless you can disprove this claim then it stands.

Obviously if theoretically speaking luffy stops him then sure he wouldnt kill. But what if Zoro had to kill him? Luffy wouldnt stop him.
I never (!) stated thats in the nature of every straw hat, i said it is always the decision of Luffy. And Luffys decision will always count more to Zoro than his own, cause Zoro demoted himself to Luffy. Luffys goal is the most important for all of the strawhats and bring him there is their main goal too.
Luffy is the captain, if the captain brings up a decision, the crew follows that decision. And Luffys decision was always not to kill his main enemy. He never killed them and never wanted to.

And at the end of the day, Kaido, while the antagonist for all 5, Luffy counts higher in this battle then Zoro does, not only for us readers, but also for Zoro himself, cause Luffy is his captain.

Zoro is not taking a step there, which Luffy isnt willing too.